ADVERTISEMENT

Kirk gives Update on Offensive Coordinator Search. Plans to have OC in place 2nd or 3rd wk of January. Leistikow: Chryst has Best Odds at getting Job

Alabama expects to name replacement for Saban within 72 hours. I find this embarrassing look for Iowa. I think Kirk's going to give us fans a big f&*k u
I think it's also distinctly possible that the Bama administration has been aware of Saban's intentions for some time now. It's also likely that Kirk hasn't been in any hurry to replace his son for any number of reasons. He told everyone that he wouldn't even participate meaningfully in the process until after the bowl game.

I think it's also distinctly possible that the Bama administration has been aware of Saban's intentions for some time now. It's also likely that Kirk hasn't been in any hurry to replace his son for any number of reasons. He told everyone that he wouldn't even participate meaningfully in the process until after the bowl game.
Evaluations of other coaches need to be completed. I'd expect the new OC to be hired when the web site is done.

You really thought all the good news on the defensive side of the ball would not come at a price? I was told the School put a 1.25 M area cap on the hire from a source near IC that has always been solid and I trust and the list banging on Kirks door is less than enthralling I was told . I asked if any Names and was told I got nothing.
Not sure what you mean here. How does all the good news on defense (I assume you mean the players returning) affect the new OC salary? If you mean Phil’s salary is high, as it should be, it takes away from the pool? I think Iowa should have enough to hire a good one. Just give Phil a bump…

Where's the Moon family when we need them? The new OC could be the Moon Family Offensive Coordinator at the University of Iowa.

Are you kidding. We would still be stuck with BF if not for Beth. Who ever we get should be better than BF. just be prepared to be disappointed.
That's your take away? He was correct, there's a lot between 2 million and budmeyer.
If he hires budmeyer, it's time to fire kirk. ON THE SPOT. That would be more embarrassing that the job brian did.
I will be happy with about anyone that can coach a quaterback. Any coach that turns iowa's offense around will be highly sought after. It's not as bad a job as some make it out to be.

Are you kidding. We would still be stuck with BF if not for Beth. Who ever we get should be better than BF. just be prepared to be disappointed.
I think people are putting wayyyy too much hero worship into wonder woman beth cat woman super hero bat woman, marvel comics' main lady, queen of gotham city

• Sad
Reactions: hoosierhawk
Not sure what you mean here. How does all the good news on defense (I assume you mean the players returning) affect the new OC salary? If you mean Phil’s salary is high, as it should be, it takes away from the pool? I think Iowa should have enough to hire a good one. Just give Phil a bump…
Yeah, I’m not sure where he’s coming up with that, unless it’s sort of Karma angle. There is zero correlation, unless he’s under the impression that NIL will help pay for the new OC?

She stood up to KF, she's all of that and a ham sandwich
not really. she will go down in history as being one and done. nobody stood up. the media and fans pressured people into making decisions that may not have been advisable. we will look back upon this episode one day as being a huge clusterhunch. you cannot let the media and fans run the program. if you are a true leader.

not really. she will go down in history as being one and done. nobody stood up. the media and fans pressured people into making decisions that may not have been advisable. we will look back upon this episode one day as being a huge clusterhunch. you cannot let the media and fans run the program. if you are a true leader.
Kirk? That you?

Not really one and done when she ends up getting the job full time.

Where did i say we should have stayed with BF or worse? BF is terrible and deserved to be canned and should have been canned last year. We can get an OC in the upper half with a $1.25M/year salary and i bet they'd go higher for the right OC, but lets just say $1.25M is the highest...that's still in the top 10-20 for all OC's nationwide, so looks to me that's a pretty healthy range, and they should be able to get a good OC for that. If we don't, then that says more about KF then the budget that he has to use

Yeah, I’m not sure where he’s coming up with that, unless it’s sort of Karma angle. There is zero correlation, unless he’s under the impression that NIL will help pay for the new OC?
Iowa karma angle yes and My source is a blood relation who played for Iowa in a major Men's sport who I reached out to 3 Days ago for OC info and last Night that was what He texted Me , Could it be 100% factual yes, could it be wrong yes, just passing what I fished for, take it how You will but it lines up with same things that other online sources have put out that Iowa is not wanting to throw the cash cow out, Could it all be echo chamber ? of course but I 100% trust the info I got My Kin got.

Is the Iowa OC job under KF a career killer?
Could be. Iowa has resources, but if Kirk is staking out the position that the OC will not have the latitude to make changes that might be necessary to ensure success, then yeah it will probably be viewed as pretty risky. Responsibility without authority is never a place that anyone wants to be. That's also a recipe for getting someone without any other good options.

You really thought all the good news on the defensive side of the ball would not come at a price? I was told the School put a 1.25 M area cap on the hire from a source near IC that has always been solid and I trust and the list banging on Kirks door is less than enthralling I was told . I asked if any Names and was told I got nothing.
This is a weird take. The NIL money has nothing to do with the OC salary. Now, if your argument is that a lack of NIL resources going towards offensive talent is making it less attractive to any potential OC's then maybe you might have a point. Last year that's where most of the NIL money went and the offense got worse. I'm not sure that any amount of money could have fixed this offense with the current staff in place. Getting rid of Brian was step one, but probably not the only steps necessary to fix all that is broken on that side of the ball.

This is a weird take. The NIL money has nothing to do with the OC salary. Now, if your argument is that a lack of NIL resources going towards offensive talent is making it less attractive to any potential OC's then maybe you might have a point. Last year that's where most of the NIL money went and the offense got worse. I'm not sure that any amount of money could have fixed this offense with the current staff in place. Getting rid of Brian was step one, but probably not the only steps necessary to fix all that is broken on that side of the ball.
I never mentioned NIL , where did I reference NIL? NIL has nothing to do with OC salary

Another 2 minute segment from the podcast:

Well that was a bunch of nothing.

Point is Kirk has had 3 months to find an OC. He hasn't. Other teams have found head coaches and OC in less time. This is a perfect example of a coach that is lost. I really hope I am wrong, but I don't trust Kirk to make a good hire. I mean look at the three OC he has hired while at Iowa. Not exactly a record to put your trust in this time.

Kirk has been a great coach, but this process shouldn't take this long!!!

The longer this goes the more worried I get that it isn't Chryst. BUT if it is anyone on staff currently that gets promoted to OC then KF needs to be taken out to pasture...

I will argue either way if anyone currently should retain their current role but NOBODY on this staff based off the past 3 years deserves to be calling plays.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT