ADVERTISEMENT

Kirk is going to name himself OC...

Kirk might be the only who wants the job. The job isn’t that good. A QB that has missed the majority of the last two seasons, an overweight statue for a back-up, ok running backs, 1.5 solid TEs, empty cupboard at WR, a veteran and unproductive oline, and rigidity to a system that isn’t appealing to top offensive recruits and zero scholarships available through the portal.

Can understand why the search is taking so long. This hire will be very underwhelming.

Kirk might as well name himself OC.

It seems pretty clear whomever he does hire will have to toe the Ferentz brand of bland, boring, vanilla as **** offensive football.
He didn’t even trust giving Paul Chryst the car keys. I can’t imagine anyone who has more than half a brain or who doesn’t have a career deathwish coming ten feet within this gig.

Kirk might be the only who wants the job. The job isn’t that good. A QB that has missed the majority of the last two seasons, an overweight statue for a back-up, ok running backs, 1.5 solid TEs, empty cupboard at WR, a veteran and unproductive oline, and rigidity to a system that isn’t appealing to top offensive recruits and zero scholarships available through the portal.

Can understand why the search is taking so long. This hire will be very underwhelming.
Well when you say it like that it doesn’t seem very appealing. 😏

7d3cf77a-78c5-4784-8e16-8470319a0dae_text.gif
5a7111e9-125f-433f-91f4-415d19e881ba_text.gif

Have to overpay to get Brian back at this point.

Just so some of you are aware: not everyone shares the opinion that KF has the reigns too tight on his OC'S.

I happen to believe that Kirk has given too much slack to all of his OC'S. Several seasons I can recall in which KF's OC'S were attempting to be far too cute in key moments. And it usually took Kirk until November to spank his OC into shape and demand him to run the damn ball.

Magically, Iowa would start running the ball markedly more often and winning more ballgames come many Novembers

Last edited:
Just so some of you are aware: not everyone shares the opinion that KF has the reigns too tight on his OC'S.

I happen to believe that Kirk has given too much slack to all of his OC'S. Several seasons I can recall in which KF's OC'S were attempting to be far too cute in key moments. And it usually took Kirk until November to spank his OC into shape and demand him to run the damn ball.

Magically, Iowa would start running the ball markedly more often and winning more ballgames come many Novembers
Just keep telling yourself that, you’ll probably believe it before too long.

I would think someone would jump at the opportunity with the west coast teams coming in!! With that being said, you would have to wonder what the conversation is between KF and the potential OC's. To me, that's where it falls apart. Nobody runs this offense, and I'm hoping this show's KF that he needs to change his philosophy!

Simply amazing how so many comments from the usual suspects to a "what if" scenario are all knowing about what is happening and negative in general. Yep, let's get someone to sling the ball all over the field and win 5 games, but it was an exciting 5 wins!

Kirk might as well name himself OC.

It seems pretty clear whomever he does hire will have to toe the Ferentz brand of bland, boring, vanilla as **** offensive football.
It's actually manilla. Sorry. Pet peave of someone who thinks they're smart and then posts things that make no sense. Just like I'm posting right now.

Simply amazing how so many comments from the usual suspects to a "what if" scenario are all knowing about what is happening and negative in general. Yep, let's get someone to sling the ball all over the field and win 5 games, but it was an exciting 5 wins!
False choice.
Departing from the offense we have had does not mean we will suddenly throw the ball all over the place.
There are many balanced offensive schemes between these two polar extremes.

False choice.
Departing from the offense we have had does not mean we will suddenly throw the ball all over the place.
There are many balanced offensive schemes between these two polar extremes.
Exactly. The comments about just throwing the ball all over the field and winning 5 games is ridiculous. Of course you can truly play complimentary football still today ( Michigan) but you at least have to be somewhat effective at passing the ball. We throw 25 times a game and complete 13 or 14 of those. Not only are we bad at throwing the ball we're terribly inefficient. The offense is broken and if you guys can't see it I don't know what to tell you. Watching a talented QB in his first start against us in the Bowl game should tell you something. The equal threat of being able to run and pass the ball and the strain it creates on the defense is real. Going empty backfield w/Deacon Hill out there 10 times a game might have been the dumbest move by a coordinator or coach that I have ever seen. And not only did it not work we continued to do it all the way to the bitter end.

Exactly. The comments about just throwing the ball all over the field and winning 5 games is ridiculous. Of course you can truly play complimentary football still today ( Michigan) but you at least have to be somewhat effective at passing the ball. We throw 25 times a game and complete 13 or 14 of those. Not only are we bad at throwing the ball we're terribly inefficient. The offense is broken and if you guys can't see it I don't know what to tell you. Watching a talented QB in his first start against us in the Bowl game should tell you something. The equal threat of being able to run and pass the ball and the strain it creates on the defense is real. Going empty backfield w/Deacon Hill out there 10 times a game might have been the dumbest move by a coordinator or coach that I have ever seen. And not only did it not work we continued to do it all the way to the bitter end.
How Do you know if the offense is broken when it didn’t have a qb, TEs, or WRs who caught the ball until later in the yr? It’s the jimmys and joes not the X’s and O’s.

Seeing on Twitter that all Iowa football coaches have been removed from the Hawkeyesports.com website. Just happened today, no coaches listed.

Reactions: littlez
Tell me - who exactly on this year's team, after week 4 or so, was capable of doing what you want to see? Which QB was capable of being consistant thowing the ball? Be very specific. Bill F'n Walsh could not have done much with what parts were left. Let's see what you weekend experts come up with. After all, you do such a great job micro managaing the work of others. Video games have killed common sense with sports.

How Do you know if the offense is broken when it didn’t have a qb, TEs, or WRs who caught the ball until later in the yr? It’s the jimmys and joes not the X’s and O’s.
Might be 3 straight years of really really bad offense that provides some clues as to whether this offense is broken or not. And why hasn't Iowa had any serviceable QB's or wide receivers to speak of during that same period? And why has the oline been one of the worst in decades during that same 3 year time frame? Inquiring minds want to know how things can be so bad in so many ways for so long and assume anything else other than the offense has been completely broken, because quite simply, it has.

My car isn't broken; it just has 2 flat tires, a sheered rear axle, no oil, 3 pistons that are frozen in place, and the steering column is missing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT