ADVERTISEMENT

Kirk is going to name himself OC...

Tell me - who exactly on this year's team, after week 4 or so, was capable of doing what you want to see? Which QB was capable of being consistant thowing the ball? Be very specific. Bill F'n Walsh could not have done much with what parts were left. Let's see what you weekend experts come up with. After all, you do such a great job micro managaing the work of others. Video games have killed common sense with sports.
Its not the fan's job to create a functional offense. Just curious. Who's responsible for recruiting, developing, and coaching all those parts? Why has Iowa had no success with QB or wide receiver recruiting/development over the past several years? Why has the offense been mired in shit for the past 3 years straight? How many teams failed to score more than 15 points in 16 games over the past 3 years? Take away defensive scores and that number is closer to 20. Offense has been shit, with or without injuries.

I would think someone would jump at the opportunity with the west coast teams coming in!! With that being said, you would have to wonder what the conversation is between KF and the potential OC's. To me, that's where it falls apart. Nobody runs this offense, and I'm hoping this show's KF that he needs to change his philosophy!
Doubt it (in bold) he is an arrogant coaching dinosaur. JMO

• Haha
Reactions: 83Hawk
No one is saying this. NO ONE.
Sure they're not - for f sake they don't have to say the exact words. You're deleusional if you don't think the comments in general are negative and going off the assumption he is going to name himself as the OC. It's done by the political talking heads every day and the mindless jump all over it. It's as predictable as the followers who will comment and "like" the same garbage in every thread.

• Haha
Reactions: MeetTheFerentzes
Its not the fan's job to create a functional offense. Just curious. Who's responsible for recruiting, developing, and coaching all those parts? Why has Iowa had no success with QB or wide receiver recruiting/development over the past several years? Why has the offense been mired in shit for the past 3 years straight? How many teams failed to score more than 15 points in 16 games over the past 3 years? Take away defensive scores and that number is closer to 20. Offense has been shit, with or without injuries.
Yes the offense had been bad and it has mainly to do with recruiting. No kidding. You can't run a high powered offense with average players. That is what so many can't understand. The style is not the problem - it's the current group of players. Nearly every program will go through lulls and you just can't hit the reset button when things don't work the way you want them to.

It's true, only strength and conditioning coaches and support staffers listed currently.
Probably just updating the staff Bios since there was title changes for Wallace and Copeland had to be removed is My guess , That said Kirk might as well call the plays and run the Offense because if the new OC is not given total freedom including the depth chart for the Offense that Coach is committing career suicide

Yes the offense had been bad and it has mainly to do with recruiting. No kidding. You can't run a high powered offense with average players. That is what so many can't understand. The style is not the problem - it's the current group of players. Nearly every program will go through lulls and you just can't hit the reset button when things don't work the way you want them to.
If you've ever run anything of substance you'd realize that nobody keeps their jobs after 3 years of failure. No one. Go to the board and tell them "Hey it's not my fault performance is in the tank and we're losing our ass. These employees are shit!!". You'd be out on your ass tomorrow.

KF's new playbooks has been released!

DxZtBWPVAAAQIl3.jpg
Ok 90s kids...which team's playbook is that from Techmo Bowl?

If you've ever run anything of substance you'd realize that nobody keeps their jobs after 3 years of failure. No one. Go to the board and tell them "Hey it's not my fault performance is in the tank and we're losing our ass. These employees are shit!!". You'd be out on your ass tomorrow.
Point out where I said a coaching change shouldn't be made? Not what someone assumed what I meant, what I actually said. I did say this year had just as much or more to do with the lack of talent on the offensive side. My main point originally was many on this Board would jump on anything that was anti-Ferentz whether it was true or a what if rumor. The ususal suspects would all be lining up with the typical know it all rhetoric with the same band of merrymen supporting it. Try it out and you will see. 100% guaranteed.

Point out where I said a coaching change shouldn't be made? Not what someone assumed what I meant, what I actually said. I did say this year had just as much or more to do with the lack of talent on the offensive side. My main point originally was many on this Board would jump on anything that was anti-Ferentz whether it was true or a what if rumor. The ususal suspects would all be lining up with the typical know it all rhetoric with the same band of merrymen supporting it. Try it out and you will see. 100% guaranteed.
I don't care what other people say. Too many emotionally challenged people on both sides of this issue. You said that every program has lulls and that the problem is the players. i guess my response in a nutshell was that 3 years of progressively bad to worst in the nation offense is not a lull. It's a systemic collapse brought about by bad hires and a lack of imagination along with ineffective recruiting and development on the offensive side of the ball. The players aren't the cause of the problems. They're simply a reflection. A staff reset is exactly what is needed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT