ADVERTISEMENT

Kirk suspended for first game

Two thoughts:

1. As early as the rumors started circulating about Cade coming to Iowa, I always figured there had to have been some early contact one way or the other, so this really isn't surprising to me.

2. With as much tampering that is obviously going on in college sports, it's laughable that any coach serves a suspension, self-imposed or otherwise.

Can't insert quotes for some reason.

The quote about nobody wants to to the Illinois State game, totally missed. I know fans that want to go even more badly now that Kirk is out of the way

Bud brought in Deacon Hill. Hill was the horrible, pathetic, embarrassing QB. The QB throws passes. Do you get it yet? LOL

First, Iowa's offense was horrible before Hill came in for Cade. Or do you think it went from great to bad with the injury?

Horrible offensive line.
Horrible play calling -- not Bud's job.
Horribly predictable offense.

Those also contributed.

When asked by media, Beth said they were notified by NCAA, couldn't answer how they were made aware.

KF said he might be watching the game from home. Has complete faith in his staff.

You do realize the suspension of Harbaugh for the first 3 games was self imposed....for buying a cheeseburger

Now watch this in regards to the B10 ban...there is a reason your boy KF was actually on Michigan's side of this....this video/ interview is from today (technically yesterday).... August 21 2024

Welcome to the party

Huge differences, which you obvioisly refuse to see or acknowledge:

1) KF is owning it
2) KF isn't being punished for lying to the NCAA
3) KF wasn't "on Michigan's side", he merely chose not to make it a huge deal because he knows most bluebloods do the same sh*t and refuse to admit or acknowledge it

Last edited:
Meh, KF is an honest person. He is, because he asks his players to be honest people as well. No matter what he is still doing things the right way, in a sport and world where that is rare. This is one of the reasons he is the longest tenured coach and Iowa has kept him for so long.
This whole thing is quite silly for a number of reasons, and ultimately won't amount to much. But I think it WOULD amount to a lot if Kirk dodged, lied, or deflected. With how he's built this program, he cannot compromise his integrity. It would undermine what he's built, and what he demands from the players.

Glad to hear the NCAA accepted it. I was a bit concerned Iowa self reported, then NCAA would come in and say, "Nah, not enough. Better make it the season and lose a bowl, too. What we did to Shannon was too light, gotta make up for it." :rolleyes:

First, Iowa's offense was horrible before Hill came in for Cade. Or do you think it went from great to bad with the injury?

Horrible offensive line.
Horrible play calling -- not Bud's job.
Horribly predictable offense.

Those also contributed.
Of course it wasn't good. And then it went completely to hell . . . LAST in the ENTIRE DAMN COUNTRY. Behind a QB who had NEVER played a down of college football and who showed why. And yet KF refused to let anybody else give it a try until the waning minutes of the bowl game when we found out that, at the very least, Lainez can run great and didn't turn the ball over.

Hill is among the 5 worst QBs ever to step onto the turf of Kinnick Stadium. And he was headed to freakin' FORDHAM before Bud snagged him. And NOW Hill is at Utah Tech. (Look it up.) Now, Mrs. B., do you get it? LOL

I wonder how many portal players are tampered with daily. I'm sure fricking Michigan brought this to somebodies attention. You don't think OSU, PSU and others don't di it. New MSU coach takes Spartan's job, a day later the QB enters portal and then annouces he's going to MSU. Oregon does this all the time. Pisses me off.
Absolutely. So some one remind me, what was Alabama's penalty again for going after Nixon when he was in Juco when Iowa still had first dibs on him? As you said this HAS to be rampant with portal players, especially the ones who sign right away with another team.

The video has absolutely nothing to do with the scouting rule Michigan broke.

You can't possibly be that stupid.

You make yourself look bad every time you defend those cheaters
You are so missing the point....I feel sad for you

• Sad
Reactions: GHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT