ADVERTISEMENT

Kirk suspended for first game

Again, I think this is hilarious. Wonder if there will be an award in this? KF works very very hard to keep a clean program...appearance.

Kirk got caught speeding, doing a 56 in a 55, while shithead bluebloods are speeding so fast that the NCAA won't even try catching them.

Plenty of nobody cyclones, loser huskers, and punk michigan fans are having a laugh, but I sincerely hope this lights a fire under the ass of the team. I want to see us destroy Illinois State, then Kirk coming back for Iowa State adds emotion for the players to beat the shit out of the clowns.

Can't insert quotes for some reason.

The quote about nobody wants to to the Illinois State game, totally missed. I know fans that want to go even more badly now that Kirk is out of the way
I go with a group of 8 and only 3 are going to the game. Our neices husband is taking their son. so I guess that makes it 5. Will be the first opener we've missed in 17 years but our granddaughter is cheering at their high school home opener here on Ohio on Friday night.

Of course it wasn't good. And then it went completely to hell . . . LAST in the ENTIRE DAMN COUNTRY. Behind a QB who had NEVER played a down of college football and who showed why. And yet KF refused to let anybody else give it a try until the waning minutes of the bowl game when we found out that, at the very least, Lainez can run great and didn't turn the ball over.

Hill is among the 5 worst QBs ever to step onto the turf of Kinnick Stadium. And he was headed to freakin' FORDHAM before Bud snagged him. And NOW Hill is at Utah Tech. (Look it up.) Now, Mrs. B., do you get it? LOL

So it was Bud's fault that the offense was bad when Cade was still at QB?? If Cade never went down the offense still would have been bad. I'll hang up and listen.

• Haha
Reactions: GHawk
Then what school had knowledge and reported Iowa? You’re so full of bs.
I told you all...on this very board...that you were tampering... BEFORE Cade even transferred to you

EVERYONE knew it...every school!

It was not a secret

And if you want to look up my old posts you'll see I was actually happy Cade found a new home and wished him the best...just thought it was funny that you guys didn't realize that Iowa had sealed the deal long before he entered the portal...

Michigan didn't need to report it...nor did they care to

The most hilarious thing of all is that the NCAA persists in pretending there actually are rules anymore.
Do you think the boosters like her doing this to Kirk?

I missed the beginning of the presser but I never got the impression that Bef was sticking it to KF. He took full responsibility, said it multiple times multiple ways and wanted to get the process over.

I told you all...on this very board...that you were tampering... BEFORE Cade even transferred to you

It was not a secret

And if you want to look up my old posts you'll see I was actually happy Cade found a new home and wished him the best...just thought it was funny that you guys didn't realize that Iowa had sealed the deal long before he entered the portal...

Do you have a hard time continuing to support a school that has been caught multiple times in recent years cheating? And not minor sh*t but serious stuff. Your integrity is so blown away it is unreal. Your school is the poster child of out of control with a recent crook as head coach, it is amazing.
You and your school are perfect examplies of what is wrong in our county today.

Ellobo and his like will never understand the difference either....

A committee of infractions panel for the NCAA determined Harbaugh "violated recruiting and inducement rules, engaged in unethical conduct, failed to promote an atmosphere of compliance and violated head coach responsibility obligations" for the recruiting violations committed during the COVID-19 dead period and gave him a four-year show-cause order and one-year suspension.

Harbaugh does not have to worry about it impacting his career as an NFL head coach now with the Los Angeles Chargers, but it would if he tries to return to college coaching by 2028.

Reactions: hawkeyebob62
no. all reports are it involved Cade.
during the presser they said improper contact was made in december 2022 but cade entered the portal in late november. it's close enough but i wonder if we went after someone else at cade's recommendation (ie after cade came onboard)

Reactions: hawkeyebob62
here's the thing. We are probably the only school that deals with this type of stuff appropriately. Sounds like another school turned in something because they dislike kirk's image.
I once was bothered by something and went and asked a minister about it. What she told me was " for every good thing we do, someone else does something bad". When she told me that, I was discouraged and thought, then the best we can hope for is to break even. After I thought about it though, would we rather keep our heads above water, or let it all go down the tubes??? So basically I guess I do not give a shit what other coaches and programs do, I care what ours does. For every good coach there may be a bad one, and so be it, but if we do not try then we are destined for failure. So yeah, I can see where KF might have haters. Not to mention, sometimes we are tested if for no other reason then to see how we respond. See if we can walk the walk or just talk the talk.

It was not a secret

Obviously they did not care. They had a player get seriously injured and left him to go off on his own to rehab. OR are you saying he was still part of the team after your program bailed on him and he was in California rehabbing??? SO which is worse? That Iowa contacted him before the portal opened or the fact that you used a kid and when he got injured, you hung him out to dry??? I have my opinion. As a coach or a parent of such a student, what is your answer?

Last edited:
Oh, he can cheat correctly, BUT he has a conscience so he just said "hey you got me", unlike Harbough who told the NCAA to F--- off, and then hit the road before the penalties came down.
If it was purely conscience guiding him he either wouldn't have done it in the first place or would have admitted to it much earlier. My guess is it came up or was going to come up so Iowa got ahead of it.

This is kind of a silly rule given the transfer portal. Harbaugh screwed McNamara over by waiting until the season started to name JJ as his starter. It was pretty clear MdNamara was going to transfer after that whether he was officially in the portal or not.

He did say there are some gray areas with the portal. It probably was around grad transfers. Kirk, admitted he made a mistake. He had tears in his eyes because ethics is everything to him.

Reactions: kceasthawk
I'm still trying to figure out the NCAAs angle on this one. Tampering is so rampant now. It makes me wonder about their thought process. "We give the most tenured ethical coach in the NCAA a 1 game suspension for 1 act of tampering."
"1 act = 1 game".
The precedent has been set as the Alabama coach now gets 36 charges, the xxx coach 23, the xxx coach 16 etc.
I realize there is no enforcement anymore but they have set this one up. NAH!!! Never happen. 8 days to opening kickoff.

I'm not ready for this.
Go for it... I'll be happy to respond
Last thing the board needs. You two get a room if you're gonna essay battle.
I once was bothered by something and went and asked a minister about it. What she told me was " for every good thing we do, someone else does something bad". When she told me that, I was discouraged and thought, then the best we can hope for is to break even. After I thought about it though, would we rather keep our heads above water, or let it all go down the tubes??? So basically I guess I do not give a shit what other coaches and programs do, I care what ours does. For every good coach there may be a bad one, and so be it, but if we do not try then we are destined for failure. So yeah, I can see where KF might have haters. Not to mention, sometimes we are tested if for no other reason then to see how we respond. See if we can walk the walk or just talk the talk.
What an awful thing for a minister to say.

I'm not ready for this.

Last thing the board needs. You two get a room if you're gonna essay battle.

What an awful thing for a minister to say.
Was it? I thought so too at the time. Then I realized that we are all faced with choices. Some will choose this and some will choose that. We can not make the choices for others, but we can make the choices for ourselves. So I guess you pick a side and if there were not sides, we would not be free to choose, now would we?

Of course it wasn't good. And then it went completely to hell . . . LAST in the ENTIRE DAMN COUNTRY. Behind a QB who had NEVER played a down of college football and who showed why. And yet KF refused to let anybody else give it a try until the waning minutes of the bowl game when we found out that, at the very least, Lainez can run great and didn't turn the ball over.

Hill is among the 5 worst QBs ever to step onto the turf of Kinnick Stadium. And he was headed to freakin' FORDHAM before Bud snagged him. And NOW Hill is at Utah Tech. (Look it up.) Now, Mrs. B., do you get it? LOL
So wrong. Hill is not "among the 5 worst QBs ever to step onto the turf of Kinnick Stadium". He is THE worst. And I take your insult to #s 2 through 5 as pure malice!

• Haha
Reactions: CyberJJ
Absolutely. So some one remind me, what was Alabama's penalty again for going after Nixon when he was in Juco when Iowa still had first dibs on him? As you said this HAS to be rampant with portal players, especially the ones who sign right away with another team.
Cough**JestinJacobs to Oregon**Cough

Reactions: kceasthawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT