ADVERTISEMENT

Kirk was on 670 The Score here in Chicago today

It starts to mess with average number of games played. It's easier just to say he is a 7-5 regular season coach. I dont give these numbers to hate on KF the data is the data. Roger just has a hard on for saying he isnt a 7-5 coach.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
He has averaged 7.51 wins over the past 19 years. That rounds up to 8. This is getting funny!!

The numbers are a little skewed with the first two garbage seasons where everyone will admit the talent was rather lacking.

Since then Ferentz is 139-78 .6405 winning percentage. Averages out to 8.17 and 4.588

So if you want to bash Ferentz go ahead and include those first two seasons where he pretty much had no control on who was on that existing roster.
Lets be honest, Hayden definitely stayed a couple of years too long.

The numbers are a little skewed with the first two garbage seasons where everyone will admit the talent was rather lacking.

Since then Ferentz is 139-78 .6405 winning percentage. Averages out to 8.17 and 4.588

So if you want to bash Ferentz go ahead and include those first two season where he pretty much had no control on who was on that existing roster.
Lets be honest, Hayden definitely stay a couple of years too long.

The numbers are still the numbers. You cannot remove data and claim the numbers are valid. They paint the entire picture.

Because you want to claim we only play 12 games a year......so your 7-5 makes sense.

If he was good enough in bowls that the win percentage was .615 overall I would gladly include them but in order to do that the hawks would have alot more bowl wins which would increase the reputation of the program which is exactly what we are talking about. He doesnt have the wins. Adding the bowls only hurts him.

Then why wouldnt I include the bowls?
He is 7-8 in the bowls of I really wanted to slam on that I would use the numbers.
Alright, let’s keep it up. He has averaged 8 wins over the past 19 seasons. He has averaged 5 losses over that same time. Please do not do the math WDDT. You struggle mightily. 8-5 looks good to me.

The numbers are still the numbers. You cannot remove data and claim the numbers are valid. The paint the entire picture.

You are missing my point. I am starting at a point in time where his roster had many of his players and his system in place. Since you have this odd hard on for Ferentz, lets actually bash him on things he had control of.

Stick to posting retweets, you're less of an ass that way.

Reactions: RogerKint
If you include the bowls his overall record is 150 and 105. Or .588. Assuming in a bowl year there are now 13 games. .588 of 13 is 7.65.

7.65 does not mean he averages 8 wins. It means he averages 7 wins and is more likely to win 8 than he is 6 but his number is still 7 until it is 8.

If you include the bowls his overall record is 150 and 105. Or .588. Assuming in a bowl year there are now 13 games. .588 of 13 is 7.65.

7.65 does not mean he averages 8 wins. It means he averages 7 wins and is more likely to win 8 than he is 6 but his number is still 7 until it is 8.

That's closer to eight than 7. In what world is that not closer to 8 than 7?

Please leave this post up. Everyone should see this.

It's hard to have a conversation with you . It's like you forgot what you said to me a page ago. I'm out.

If his win total was closer to 8 than it is 7 he would have an above .615 (13 game) win percentage. You dont get to round in statistics.

How is Kirk's contract an advantage at all in how difficult/easy it is to win at Iowa? Just because Barta could have overpaid (agree on the ridiculous buyout), it doesn't move Iowa closer to higher population centers. People can disagree about whether or not KF wins enough. If you are of the opinion that other coaches could do better, that's fine. But it is hard to win big at Iowa, relative to the programs you have to beat out in the Big 10 and nationally to get to where people want the program to be. Paying the coach a lot of money doesn't change those things.
Quit picking one part and making it all about that. All the resources rolled up is the point. Contract length is a big advantage as he can tell recruits he’ll be here forever and show a strong financial commitment to coach and staff

Alright, let’s keep it up. He has averaged 8 wins over the past 19 seasons. He has averaged 5 losses over that same time. Please do not do the math WDDT. You struggle mightily. 8-5 looks good to me.
Not with his traditional weak ass schedule

Number of times we have played 13 regular season games in the last 19 years =1. Giving him a 8-5 average is blatantly false.
Keep it up. For those who can add, subtract, multiply and divide it’s 8-5. For those who cannot add 3, single digit numbers, 7-5 will work. Please stick to retweeting.

Ok your turn. Show me how you get to 8 wins without rounding.

As I said earlier half a win doesnt mean piss. You have 7 until you have 8.

The next time you try to explain it will be your first, You can't do it. Your ability to avoid a direct question is worse than cytwins. Hey bud, you keep telling people KF is a 8-5 coach. .596 really makes ya happy. Those of us smart enough to realize we only play 13 games in bowl years and even then he averages 7 wins will know your not very smart.

The next time you try to explain it will be your first, You can't do it. Your ability to avoid a direct question is worse than cytwins. Hey bud, you keep telling people KF is a 8-5 coach. .596 really makes ya happy. Those of us smart enough to realize we only play 13 games in bowl years and even then he averages 7 wins will know your not very smart.

I know you're on a roll but you made the classic mistake when you're trying to question a posters smarts. You're able to edit that if you're so inclined.

Last time Einstein. He has won 143 games in 19 years. Do the math. He has averaged 7.53 wins a year. That rounds to 8 per year no matter what math test you are taking. We have some real dandies on this forum and you take the cake. Hate Ferentz all you want, but go buy a calculator and have your daughter show you how to calculate an average.

Rounds.... you cannot do it without the word "rounds". You are skewing the data. Try again.

Edit: rounds "goes up to" "gets moved to" all the same.

If a coach averages 7.5 wins and 5 losses for every 12 games he coaches. After 12 games, how many has he actually won?

Last edited:
Rounds.... you cannot do it without the word "rounds". You are skewing the data. Try again.

Edit: rounds "goes up to" "gets moved to" all the same.

If a coach averages 7.5 wins and 5 losses for every 12 games he coaches. After 12 games, how many has he actually won?
Just drop it please? You win. I do not want to explain it further. Please?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT