ADVERTISEMENT

Kris Murray declares for the draft

Just because people on here don't care for the NBA, that doesn't have anything to do with what you stated. You said 90% of people on here only watch Iowa games. I think you just made that up. I believe most people on here watch a lot more college basketball than you are claiming and some watch both college and pro ball.
So yes Fran, the thread is about Kris Murray going pro. Every kid playing wants to go to the NBA. Was I exaggerating, sure. 90% is high. But go back and look at the threads, the guys who wouldn’t watch the Final 4, who hate the NBA, etc. you don’t like it tough shit. Don’t read my posts. You are by far the most annoying guy on here. Go start another thread about some guy we recruited 3 years ago and he’s available now. We all love those.

So yes Fran, the thread is about Kris Murray going pro. Every kid playing wants to go to the NBA. Was I exaggerating, sure. 90% is high. But go back and look at the threads, the guys who wouldn’t watch the Final 4, who hate the NBA, etc. you don’t like it tough shit. Don’t read my posts. You are by far the most annoying guy on here. Go start another thread about some guy we recruited 3 years ago and he’s available now. We all love those.

Umm, Ron was the one who responded to you.

Reactions: BBHawk
note that he says Iowa is either top 5 or 6 right now based on the 10 they have on scholarship

if they add a HS freshman big, I think that prediction remains the same

if they add Aimaq, a veteran center? i would hope we could be top 4, like last season
I thought we ended up at number 5?

Reactions: BBHawk
Maybe because my 2 y/o grandson is tougher and stronger.

I always got the impression that he was a weird guy. Not dumb but a real strange personality. Rarely showed any kind of emotion watching the game, just a blank stare into space. His interviews were so terse reporters had to almost electric shock him into responses. Could be shyness, or it could be something worse, but it weird. This not to say he was a bad kid from a citizenship perspective.

He obviously had a ton of skill but I'm guessing the physicality of the NBA was so great that it altered his game, never saw him play pro games.
I wondered when he disappeared against ISU when Iowa led big at the half and lost.

Not sure Jarrod's demeanor had much to do with his NBA experience. Heck, it might have been a refreshing change from the usual chest pounding we see. He did very well in the G League, but just couldn't find the right NBA team to latch on to. I believe he's playing in Japan right now.

An odd fact about Jarrod, and I will just state this without comment, is that he is married to the daughter of Jim Jordan of Ohio.

It does not always seem logical to me, but given the way the NBA draft has played out in recent years, Kris' age would work against him if he waited until the 2023 draft.
Unless something CRAZY happens between now and the June 1 deadline, Kris is coming back. He is working out with Keegan and 3 other NBA draft prospects in Chicago. Nothing against what Iowa does in the off season, but 1.5 months of training with NBA level trainers, nutritionists and strength coaches seems to be pretty good way to go for Kris to make the leaps we know he can make.

Why you hating on ronman? ;)

Unless something CRAZY happens between now and the June 1 deadline, Kris is coming back. He is working out with Keegan and 3 other NBA draft prospects in Chicago. Nothing against what Iowa does in the off season, but 1.5 months of training with NBA level trainers, nutritionists and strength coaches seems to be pretty good way to go for Kris to make the leaps we know he can make.
Great update.

Selfishy, I (and I assume most Iowa fans) hope Kris comes back to be the engine for this team next year. The boys have done plenty for the Iowa program already, but Kris inspires alot of hope for next season. Of course he is athletic and talented, but more importantly he seems to be a hard worker, unselfish, and a completely upstanding individual. He has been, and would continue to be, the consummate ambassador for Iowa bball.

ADVERTISEMENT