ADVERTISEMENT

Lance Palmer just won a million

MSU158

HR Heisman
Nov 20, 2014
Love MMA or hate it, it has become a lucrative avenue for some DI talent post NCAAs.

Too dangerous. Can't even watch it. I was a three time Chicago Park District Boxing finalist and one time Champ. I had close to 30 fights in the ring and beat two Golden Glove Champs my last year. That being said,the sport is plain nuts! Barbaric. At a certain level,you cross the line and knowingly harm other human beings. Boxing and MMA need to be banned. At 15 years old,you have plenty of guys that can knock you out cold.

Reactions: HeathForrester
Too dangerous. Can't even watch it. I was a three time Chicago Park District Boxing finalist and one time Champ. I had close to 30 fights in the ring and beat two Golden Glove Champs my last year. That being said,the sport is plain nuts! Barbaric. At a certain level,you cross the line and knowingly harm other human beings. Boxing and MMA need to be banned. At 15 years old,you have plenty of guys that can knock you out cold.
That explains a lot. ;)

Reactions: Grip220
My two fondest memories in boxing and wrestling are listed below. After wrestling a tight match with Joe McFarland I made it to the sidelines and was hardly able to stand up. Had acute pain in my ribs and was only down by two points with 30 seconds left. I beat DiSabito ( I think) from OhioState earlier in the round. It was the Michigan State open. I knew I had to get out of the sport or I would get crushed. Went on cruise control after that and was second string after that. Boxing,some mean dude hit me so hard in the nose,I didn't sleep for a couple days. Guy lit me up. Quit competitive boxing the next year. Learning from pain is a valuable lesson. I'm lucky I can still play golf after six surgeries, including three nose jobs! LOL. The last time I was on the mat was coaching Eric Tannenbaum,who head-butted me after I rode the shit out of em his senior year in high school.

My two fondest memories in boxing and wrestling are listed below. After wrestling a tight match with Joe McFarland I made it to the sidelines and was hardly able to stand up. Had acute pain in my ribs and was only down by two points with 30 seconds left. I beat DiSabito ( I think) from OhioState earlier in the round. It was the Michigan State open. I knew I had to get out of the sport or I would get crushed. Went on cruise control after that and was second string after that. Boxing,some mean dude hit me so hard in the nose,I didn't sleep for a couple days. Guy lit me up. Quit competitive boxing the next year. Learning from pain is a valuable lesson. I'm lucky I can still play golf after six surgeries, including three nose jobs! LOL. The last time I was on the mat was coaching Eric Tannenbaum,who head-butted me after I rode the shit out of em his senior year in high school.

Did you coach at NNHS?

I was a school counselor there and only went in the wrestling room a few times. I'm still friends with Eric's dad. We worked out together for years at lifetime fitness. He's in great shape for 64 years old

Small world. I wrestled there. Eric was a freshman my senior year. Go Huskies. Tell Coach Champion hello.

Don't look now, but @Wrestlerneverdiesasacatfan is quickly becoming The Most Interesting Man In The World.

the-most-interesting-man-on-punctuality-photo-u2

Good for Lance Palmer. Always good to see wrestlers going out there and making $

I just watched his mma highlight video and title fights. He is a barbarian! That mma fighting is insane. Hurting people for a living. You can kill someone that way. Don’t see a happy ending for most MMA fighters.

From what I have read, this is a new league which is sanctioned by the state of New York to compete without USADA testing. That would explain how a journeyman like Palmer gets to win $1 million defeating a suddenly resurgent fighter with 18 career losses for the championship.

I do not understand the business model. Surely they’ll have plenty of fighters interested in competing without testing. But how do they sell pay-per-views to continue these purses? I expect this league will be gone very soon.

Not to hijack, but I wrestled at NNHS as well, but I was under Arlis and Gruzka. Went on to be room meat at Iowa after. Tannenbaum was a Huskie star and a helluva doctor now, or so I hear. Back to lurking.......
I was a school counselor there from 2000-2002! We almost got Tannenbaum to Northwestern! Almost! He is a surgeon now. Smart kid and extremely hard worker. His dad lives less than a mile away from me.

Reactions: ArkieHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT