ADVERTISEMENT

Last night is why I never watch NCAA basketball anymore

HawkeyeGenius

HR Heisman
Nov 25, 2021
Last night was the fourth game I've watched this season. It reaffirms my stance in not watching and just casually check scores.

Why you ask? Well NCAA officiating has ruined the sport. The officials are hell bent on being the stars of the game for some reason. With that said. Go Hawks! Hope they win them all.

I agree to a certain point. I have hated watching Big Ten basketball for some time. The favoritism towards certain teams by the league is obvious. ACC and Big 12 games seem to have more flow to them. I think the officiating has something to do with it for sure. Big Ten games are inconsistent and Iowa games are simply aggravating. It's a shame really. Every Iowa game I tell myself the same thing...dont get upset at the refs, they are only human..it's just a game...etc. etc.

Then that cocksucking prick Courtney what'shisface decides he is going to end the game on some bullsheet touch foul after letting Rutgers rape Iowa all night up and down the court and ...well...i digress... breathe...breathe...calm blue ocean...pretty trees...

I get it I haven't watched a single basketball game yet this year. My favorite sport and I don't watch it. Iowa just kills me emotionally

I only watch Iowa games and if I wasn't a fan, I wouldn't watch them. No reason to watch the dreck that CBB has become when there are better basketball options available

I only watch Iowa games and if I wasn't a fan, I wouldn't watch them. No reason to watch the dreck that CBB has become when there are better basketball options available
Same here. Well until the ncaa tourney, then I watch other games. Usually the officiating in the tourney isn’t terrible

Reactions: SSG T
I watch every single Iowa football and badketball game. I subscribe to big ten plus so I can watch the non conference games.

Reactions: Suterman
I figured this was coming.
Yea the low IQ's come out in force here, and feel proud of themselves given the chance. Just give it to them, they have so little chance at glory in the real world, most likely. But I think most can related to your sentiment of "NCAA officiating has ruined the sport". In the B1G especially.

I watch far less college basketball than I used to. I was a college hoops junkie as a kid in the 80s and 90s, but not so much any more. There are several reasons that I don't want to take the time to type out, but one of them is definitely the officiating. Not just the seeming favoritism/bias but also the way the game is called in general.

I much prefer watching football these days, college or pro.

Reactions: spiderland
Iowa Bball used to be appointment TV for me. I'll still watch the games but if I miss a game or two, no big deal. I started watching last night but gave up when it was 10-10 with 6 mins left in the first half. Glad I missed the dramatic ending to the game.

The NCAA Tournament is still the single best sporting event IMO, so I watch a lot of that. But for regular season games, I'm exactly where you are. If I'm not watching Iowa, then I don't watch hoops.

Reactions: Doodads and Hoohah
Mostly, there are times a site or two will have bad reffing.

Yep. I remember watching some NCAA games a few years ago, and the day game I had on, every time someone drove to the rim, it was an automatic whistle and FT's. Some of the replays, you could see that ref already had his hand in the air calling a foul before the contact even occurred (if there was any, that is). So the game was essentially nothing more than watching two teams taking turns shooting FT's. Who the heck wants to watch that garbage?

Then later on that night, I was watching Marquette against some opponent I can't remember. The refs weren't calling many fouls, the game was up and down the court, lots of action, and I remember thinking how fun and entertaining of a game it was to watch.

The best games are the ones where you don't notice the refs. All too often that is not the case.

Last edited:

"Last night is why I never watch NCAA basketball anymore​

Last night was the fourth game I've watched this season.
Why you ask?"
Because...

tenor.gif

Last night was the fourth game I've watched this season. It reaffirms my stance in not watching and just casually check scores.

Why you ask? Well NCAA officiating has ruined the sport. The officials are hell bent on being the stars of the game for some reason. With that said. Go Hawks! Hope they win them all.
I definitely don’t follow as much as I used to . I’d rather watch the Suns play. The NBA is fun to watch not only from a talent standpoint but refs stay out of the way for the most part .

I get it I haven't watched a single basketball game yet this year. My favorite sport and I don't watch it. Iowa just kills me emotionally
It’s because we’ve been more or less shit for 30+ years. Give me something interesting to watch, and I’ll watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT