ADVERTISEMENT

Last weekends recruits

Pot calling the kettle black

tenor.gif

Mikefontenot27

Guessing you are not in sales. Me either. Good job of trying to insult the base on here, won't work though. I disagree and think only a few are sensitive. Most everything you post has already been talked about and is beating a dead horse. You could just read many of the past threads and find out your answers. That is why you are only having real conversation with a few that are rather new themselves.

No, I'm not offended, think whatever you want on me. I think I am like most on here that want to follow what is going on with our program and get insightful post from those that know more then me. As for the trolls, easy to spot those and the internet tough guys. No need to care about what someone that can hide behind a profile and knows nothing really about you thinks.[/QUOTE]

Guessing you are not in sales. Me either. Good job of trying to insult the base on here, won't work though. I disagree and think only a few are sensitive. Most everything you post has already been talked about and is beating a dead horse. You could just read many of the past threads and find out your answers. That is why you are only having real conversation with a few that are rather new themselves.
giphy.gif

Mikefontenot27

No, I'm not offended, think whatever you want on me. I think I am like most on here that want to follow what is going on with our program and get insightful post from those that know more then me. As for the trolls, easy to spot those and the internet tough guys. No need to care about what someone that can hide behind a profile and knows nothing really about you thinks.
[/QUOTE]
guy

Cool story. I'm not trying to insult anyone nor do I care to go back and read posts. If the topic has been covered then so be it. That doesn't deflect from the intolerance you all show for differing opinions.

I and I won't pretend to speak for others, feel that TNT have improved their recruiting, but are still behind others. I would expect more from this fan base in terms of debate on here.

I think Tarp has it right. We are trailing, but gaining momentum and need to keep pushing. Things look a lot better than they did 4 months ago. I like the way our lineup is coming together, we just need to get a couple of studs at 133 and 184. PSU is doing the right thing by grabbing top guys and then hoping it sorts out. It has in the past for them. But even if doesn't, it blocks recruits from committing or transferring to Iowa or fOSU.
Still, they can only wrestle 10 guys and will have questions about the lineup...

Does Suriano stay?
The best college weight for Suriano, Teasdale and RBY might be 133, so how do they fit from 125-141? (could there be another Gulibon pushed up to 141?)
Wittlake looks good, but is his best college weight really 184 (he wrestled 170 last year)?
Beard looks good, but is his best college weight really 197 (he wrestled 182 last year)?
Can Berge make 149 on 1-2 hour weigh-ins? If yes, where does Verkleeren fit? If no, where does Joe Lee fit?
Where does Manville fit? Busiello?

This year is a transition year for us, next year we are a title threat again (PSU will be favored though) and things get really interesting in the 2019-2020 season.

Ok, finally, got it. A whiteboard war 3 years out just for f*n.
Iowa wins 125, Lee over Suriano, Iowa 3-0
PSU wins 133, Teasdale over Meija, 3-3 (need a top 133, but Meija is coached up here)
PSU wins 141, N Lee over Murin/Turk/Happel, PSU 6-3
Iowa wins 149, Lugo over Berge, 6-6
Iowa wins 157, Kemdog over J Lee, Iowa 10-6
Iowa wins 165, Bull over Joseph, Iowa 13-6
PSU wins 174, Hall over Young, Iowa 13-10 (need Hidlay here or at 184)
PSU wins 184, Wittlake over Wilcke/Wlson, 13-13 (need Hidlay here or at 174)
Iowa wins 197, Warner over Beard, Iowa 16-13
PSU wins 285, Nevills over Cassioppi, 16-16

With Suriano's departure we know 2 things (1) CP maintains his "perfect" batting average and (2) 2019-2020 got even more interesting (next year also really).

Updated white board war for 2019-2020
Iowa wins 125, Lee tech ?, Iowa 5-0
PSU wins 133, RBY dec Murin, Iowa 5-3 (still hope RBY flips to us, Meija ? right now)
PSU wins 141, N Lee dec Turk/Happel, PSU 6-5
Iowa wins 149, Lugo dec Berge, Iowa 8-6
Iowa wins 157, Kemdog major J Lee, Iowa 12-6
Iowa wins 165, Bull dec Joseph, Iowa 15-6
PSU wins 174, Hall major Young, Iowa 15-10 (still hoping for Hidlay here or at 184)
PSU wins 184, Wittlake dec Wilcke/Wilson, Iowa 15-13 (still hoping for Hidlay here or at 174)
Iowa wins 197, Warner dec Beard, Iowa 18-13
PSU wins 285, S Nevills dec Cassioppi, Iowa 18-16

Reactions: funnyfletcher
With Suriano's departure we know 2 things (1) CP maintains his "perfect" batting average and (2) 2019-2020 got even more interesting (next year also really).

Updated white board war for 2019-2020
Iowa wins 125, Lee tech ?, Iowa 5-0
PSU wins 133, RBY dec Murin, Iowa 5-3 (still hope RBY flips to us, Meija ? right now)
PSU wins 141, N Lee dec Turk/Happel, PSU 6-5
Iowa wins 149, Lugo dec Berge, Iowa 8-6
Iowa wins 157, Kemdog major J Lee, Iowa 12-6
Iowa wins 165, Bull dec Joseph, Iowa 15-6
PSU wins 174, Hall major Young, Iowa 15-10 (still hoping for Hidlay here or at 184)
PSU wins 184, Wittlake dec Wilcke/Wilson, Iowa 15-13 (still hoping for Hidlay here or at 174)
Iowa wins 197, Warner dec Beard, Iowa 18-13
PSU wins 285, S Nevills dec Cassioppi, Iowa 18-16

So you think Teasdale has to sit man might cause another transfer. Either him or Lee at 141 one sits

So you think Teasdale has to sit man might cause another transfer. Either him or Lee at 141 one sits

I guess Teasdale could wrestle next year and then redshirt in 2019-2020. But as others have pointed out, I think both of them are college 133s, so it could get sticky at some point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT