ADVERTISEMENT

****Leathernecks vs Hawks Game Thread****

Starters are giving zero effort on either end. Get guys with something to prove in the game and let them go to work

Reactions: kcgolfer
WIU just throwing the ball around like their just messing around on the playground and Iowa isn't getting any takeaways because of lackadaisical D.

I can assure you this will go down as the worst post of the year. That being said the boys are playing like shit tonight
Haven’t seen any defense from Iowa in these 3 games. Getting blown out is a real possibility.

If Garza alone brings us out of this second half slump I will be somewhat disappointed

This team’s defense is no where good enough to win anything. Coupled with poor shooting will get us beat against better teams. Despite being 3-0, I am really disappointed in our defense this year.

Ok you supplied those stats but can you tell me how many layups jbo has allowed? Are you really playing that great if you have a bunch of assists and few turnovers but you have allowed the guy your covering to score more points then you have assisted on?
Agree, jobo, CJ haven’t shown much in the way of D...

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
This team’s defense is no where good enough to win anything. Coupled with poor shooting will get us beat against better teams. Despite being 3-0, I am really disappointed in our defense this year.
The fact it's been as bad as it has against these soft non conf teams is all the more disheartening

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
I know we are all a little emotional during the games but this is really poor. I would really like to see the freshman take more minutes here.

Western Illinois better defensively at every spot except the post. Iowa guards look like they have never seen ball pressure. Touissant makes some mistakes but he is outscoring Jbo and hasn't given up 5 blow by layups. Quick guards and overplaying passing lanes will be the kryptonite for this team again. Great to see Jack get back on the court and make some shots. Can't imagine what he is going through.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT