ADVERTISEMENT

Liam Robbins (basketball talk)

He would be a difference maker here. I posted this yesterday on the premium board but below are next years projections from Bart Torvik for Iowa (#90 nationally and #11 in the B1G) . He is not including Wieskamp in his Iowa projection.

He also has a tool where you can forecast rosters. Adding Robbins as the only addition to the team, it would move Iowa up to #63 in the nation and #10 in the B1G. If we stirke gold with Robbins joining the Hawkeyes and Wieskamp coming back, he projects Iowa #32 and #8 in the B1G. If we get a miracle and land Robbins and Rebraca in the portal and Wieskamp comes back it would be #28 and #8.

He would be a difference maker here. I posted this yesterday on the premium board but below are next years projections from Bart Torvik for Iowa (#90 nationally and #11 in the B1G) . He is not including Wieskamp in his Iowa projection.

He also has a tool where you can forecast rosters. Adding Robbins as the only addition to the team, it would move Iowa up to #63 in the nation and #10 in the B1G. If we stirke gold with Robbins joining the Hawkeyes and Wieskamp coming back, he projects Iowa #32 and #8 in the B1G. If we get a miracle and land Robbins and Rebraca in the portal and Wieskamp comes back it would be #28 and #8.

Interesting sites. Thank you for sharing.

Interesting that they project Payton Sandfort scoring more than Tony Perkins (as well as Ahron Ulis, Kris Murray, and Josh Ogundele)

Reactions: Hawkeye_Pride06
Might have a better conversation about Baskin Robbins

c8ebf963dc4c87a18db62586db8e610f.jpg

I don’t buy any of those projections! With all the roster turnover in the BIG, we aren’t gunna be that bad. ESPECIALLY if we have JoeW back and land Robbins, thats a top 5 BIG roster and an NCAA tourney team. Id put $ on that

I don’t buy any of those projections! With all the roster turnover in the BIG, we aren’t gunna be that bad. ESPECIALLY if we have JoeW back and land Robbins, thats a top 5 BIG roster and an NCAA tourney team. Id put $ on that

#32 is an NCAA tournament team which is what the projection says if Wieskamp and Robbins are both Hawkeyes next season.

I will create a 'I was wrong' thread and welcome all scorn and ridicule if he picks Iowa. I think the odds are about as good as me hooking up with Jennifer Aniston at the local drinking establishment tonight, but there is always hope. I think Fran will land someone from mid-major obscurity, but not a guy with other top tier P5 suitors.

I will create a 'I was wrong' thread and welcome all scorn and ridicule if he picks Iowa. I think the odds are about as good as me hooking up with Jennifer Aniston at the local drinking establishment tonight, but there is always hope. I think Fran will land someone from mid-major obscurity, but not a guy with other top tier P5 suitors.
The chances of Liam coming to Iowa are MUCH greater than you hooking up with Aniston, because those chance don't exist!
😂

Because players never pick Iowa if there are other top tier P5 suitors?

Reactions: skydog0784
See, this is just a horribly bad take. Odds are horrible? Kid's from Iowa, from all reports a Hawk fan, a big who saw what Garza did, and seemed excited to hear from the staff. We may not get him, but to say almost impossible? GTFOH.

See, this is just a horribly bad take. Odds are horrible? Kid's from Iowa, from all reports a Hawk fan, a big who saw what Garza did, and seemed excited to hear from the staff. We may not get him, but to say almost impossible? GTFOH.
You and Fran prove me wrong. Last time Fran went to the portal we got Bakari. If Robbins was that interested in Iowa he would have committed already IMO.

The chances of Liam coming to Iowa are MUCH greater than you hooking up with Aniston, because those chance don't exist!
😂
Well, I don't disagree with my odds being 0 but I wouldn't say Fran's are better at landing Robbins. How many times have we held our breath hoping Fran lands ___________ player only to be disappointed? Other than Wieskamp has Fran landed any highly rated recruit in recent history not counting his kids?

Well, I don't disagree with my odds being 0 but I wouldn't say Fran's are better at landing Robbins. How many times have we held our breath hoping Fran lands ___________ player only to be disappointed? Other than Wieskamp has Fran landed any highly rated recruit in recent history not counting his kids?
All of your posts are why we need a down vote option.

All of your posts are why we need a down vote option.
You watched the Oregon game I assume. Did that leave you with the impression that Fran has figured anything out in 11 years? Lots of talent in the portal and Fran has two spots. Let's see what he does.

Reactions: CarterHall
You watched the Oregon game I assume. Did that leave you with the impression that Fran has figured anything out in 11 years? Lots of talent in the portal and Fran has two spots. Let's see what he does.
We don’t match up well with highly athletic teams I think we all know that. It would be great if we could strategize better in those matchups. That said, it’s not all doom and gloom and we have a pretty good chance to land Robbins and a fairly bright future. Does that mean we make the sweet 16? I freakin hope so but we will see.

One in a billion, so you’re saying there’s a chance!!!!!!

You really need to follow a team you actually like

Tyler Cook says hi

Well, Luka Garza was top 100, then there's Tyler Cook from the recent past. Of course Jordan's ESPN 4* status is meaningless because he just sucked. Current roster has ESPN 4* top 120 Joe T, from New York and Ahron Ulis a Rivals 4* from Chicago and just got a commit from another ESPN 4*, whose grade places him around 73-87 (only releasing top 60 at this point).

In the almost 50 years I've been following Iowa BBall anybody's 4*s are highly ranked recruits for Iowa and top 100 players are fairly uncommon.

Reactions: HawkFan59
Well, Luka Garza was top 100, then there's Tyler Cook from the recent past. Of course Jordan's ESPN 4* status is meaningless because he just sucked. Current roster has ESPN 4* top 120 Joe T, from New York and Ahron Ulis a Rivals 4* from Chicago and just got a commit from another ESPN 4*, whose grade places him around 73-87 (only releasing top 60 at this point).

In the almost 50 years I've been following Iowa BBall anybody's 4*s are highly ranked recruits for Iowa and top 100 players are fairly uncommon.
Lol Bohannon just sucked? I’m hoping that was sarcasm. He was obviously hobbled this year after 2 hip surgeries but he was still a solid player in his career

Lol Bohannon just sucked? I’m hoping that was sarcasm. He was obviously hobbled this year after 2 hip surgeries but he was still a solid player in his career
It was total sarcasm. I've been Jordan's biggest defender since Iowa signed him and everyone said he was not Big Ten material, not a real point guard, etc... So the non point guard finishes his career as career assist leader, three point career leader (by far) and I think career leading FT shooter, although I cannot find that stat to confirm. That sounds like how a 4* player's career is supposed to go, but he's still worthless.

Last edited:
Not saying you are wrong, but the posts I've read indicate he was a bigger Wisky fan than Iowa. Dubuque is in Iowa, but it's not far from that cheese state.

Seriously though, you are such a whiny bit**!

Ah the name calling. What has Fran done? It's a simple question I am putting to you and others who are so easily triggered by any real world observations on Iowa hoops. 11 years got us to this season and???

Sorry if my expectation to compete (not win) in a second round game in year 11 are crazy and unrealistic to you. I think for 22 million or whatever Fran has been paid to date he has underwhelmed. Add to this he acts like he is above the portal after getting absolutely destroyed by Oregon with the guards getting outscored 67-0. I know, I know, Oregon shot out of their minds, benefitted from not playing VCU, Iowa was tired, multiple guys hurt. It had nothing to do with Iowa being woefully unathletic and Fran underutilizing guys all season.

Tyler Cook says hi
Fair point. I was and am a huge TC fan but half on this site were glad to see him go and said he was selfish. Tyler Cook, like Garza, did not have enough talent around him, particularly at the guard spot so they had to do force the issue in a lot of cases. Credit Jbo for all his accomplishments, but 5 years ago did you think he was 'the' answer at PG for Iowa? Well here we are 5 years later.

You really need to follow a team you actually like
This makes no sense. Because I am tired of mediocre Iowa basketball and have expectations for Fran in year 11 I am not a fan. Do you aspire to get worse at your job every day? Do you hope your kids get lower test scores as they progress in their academic pursuits? Do you go to the gym and bust your ass and then come home and eat donuts? I doubt you answered yes to any of my questions, but somehow me expecting Fran to make better decisions and improve is crazy talk.

Not saying you are wrong, but the posts I've read indicate he was a bigger Wisky fan than Iowa. Dubuque is in Iowa, but it's not far from that cheese state.
He had a connection to Wisconsin because his uncle (the brother to his coach at Minnesota) was an assistant under Bo Ryan for several years. I don't think he otherwise grew up a Badger fan.

And Robbins is from Davenport, not Dubuque.

He's not from Dubuque but I am. There are very few if any UW fans in Dubuque.

[/URL]
Wow, with the exception of Keegan, this guy really doesn't think much of our sophomores. Totally at odds with so many on this board that think they should have provided a much greater impact on last season's team.

Reactions: silasstarr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT