ADVERTISEMENT

Lindenwood mat assignments

My bro lives in Ptown (Peoria) made him go watch a few home meets of Mr Warner (Washington High School). He understood right away why I referred to him as Mr Warner.
JWar sounds better unless im/ur addressing J.W.
Lots of exciteness now let's get 33' rolling

Thanks for pbp

I disagree on the shirt thing. I don't think he is on Moore's level physically....yet. Jake wants to hunt national titles and dominate. Throw him out there right now and there will be some close matches but a top 4 finish IMO. Just think what a year in the weight room will do.

I am beginning to wonder if both Lee & Warner wrestle maybe they could.... nevermind we have no chance..

Reactions: el dub
WARNER WARNER YOU DA MAN.
lOVE him on his feet he is dam quick for his size.
Work with Rutt get stronger keep working hard and maybe
after midlands if Lee and You have a good tourney FREE
LEE AND WARNER lets show the county the Hawks can show up.

J-War’s countershooting/reshooting was incredible. He was quick and opportunistic. He can do some real damage in the 197 field with that combination of power and quickness.

TnT please for the love of fans do something crazy and let this young talent wrestle! Tell Murin to start treking down to 33!

25 Lee
33 Murin
41 Turk
49 BS
57 Dog
65 Bull
74 Young (more offensive;) )
84 PD3
97 Warner
HWT Morning strolls with Sam Stoll!!!

We have greater than a zero chance at a team title with lee and warner. But hey stay negative brah

To go all Tarp, do we have 100 points with Lee/Warner? Probably, which would be the first time in what seems like ages.

Even if we can break 100 do we have enough to beat a PSU team that returns 5 champs? Not being negative but I don't see it

WOW, that was totally unexpected. Gotta pump the breaks a little bit and not get over-excited but man that is HUGE

Do we really throw Lee and Warner out there this year with zero chance of a team title?
The problem is that there IS a chance at a team title if both kids are 100% and looking good after Midlands -- as in finalist/champ good.

125: Lee
133: Laux (Murin???)
141: Turk
149: Sorensen
157: Kemerer
165: Marinelli
174: Gunther/Young
184: Downey
197: Warnerov
285: Stoll

That group can, indeed, win it all.

Still too many question marks.

Lee hasn't wrestled a DI match yet. 133 isn't scoring pts at NCAA's. 141 may get you a couple. Sorenson still has Retherford. Kemerer has Nolf. Marinelli hasn't wrestled yet. Gunther may get you a coupe pts. Downey isn't even eligible yet to be on the team. I do think Warner AA's but he is definitely still behind Moore at the least. Stoll looks like he has a ways to go before he gets back to top form.

I just don't see risking Lee and I am not sold that Warner would be a major improvement over Wilcke. If after Midlands Downey is on the team and Lee, Marinelli and Warner win it (along with the obvious Sorenson and Kemerer) then MAYBE you start to consider it.

All things considered I think looking to the future is the best choice. Keep them shirted this season and working on getting stronger/healthy. Doing that, I think Iowa wins at least one championship between 2019-2022.

OK, so Kid Warnerov just dismantled #3 Miklus, looking powerful and in control the entire time. I think we need to seriously re-evaluate whether this kid truly needs another year of development, or whether the kind of development we are assuming needs to happen for elite recruits already happens during HS on the national and international circuit these days. This kid looks ready AF.

So impressed. FREE THE LEE and TAKE THE WARNEROV!
As Chief mentioned above, just look at the developmental work our staff has done already. By the end of the season, his development will be off the charts. I hear Spencer is developing daily, as well.

Definitely shouldn't be overreacting to one early-season win, and I have to say I've been reluctant to recommend pulling shirts this year, but this year could be the turnaround point. So much positive mojo in the program and in the HWC already, and dang -- we win it all this year, and build the best facility in the land, and get that HWC fundraising machine cranked into full gear, and. . . well, that's some SERIOUS momentum. And of all the years to turn it around, this year would be perfect. When nobody saw it coming. BOOM!

And perspective is important and all, but when was the last time you saw a true freshman major a #3-ranked redshirt senior -- at 197? I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. That's a serious statement by Anvil Warnerov.

Posters are still questioning whether Warner can place high AA after he just majored an established, #3 ranked Miklus. Umm, wtf?
In which solar system would those posters live? That's hard for me to imagine, unless it came from, say, a resident of Neptune or Mars.

Posters are still questioning whether Warner can place high AA after he just majored an established, #3 ranked Miklus. Umm, wtf?

It's not a matter of just placing high. It's about Warner putting himself in the position of winning titles and bonusing everybody on the way to the finals. I've said since the beginning of they year that he is a top four guy in this 197 weight class but Moore gave it to him physically at Junior trials.

Lee + Sorensen + Kem + Downey + Warner = ~100.

Are there 25+ from the other 5 weights? Hmmm, doesn't seem like it right now, but let's see what happens at Midlands and whether Downey is eligible. Murin needs to get to 133 and place high at Midlands. Stoll needs to be 100% and separate himself from non-elite guys. Turk...Marinelli...etc.

Still a lot of moving parts, but Warner is doing his part .

It's not a matter of just placing high. It's about Warner putting himself in the position of winning titles and bonusing everybody on the way to the finals. I've said since the beginning of they year that he is a top four guy in this 197 weight class but Moore gave it to him physically at Junior trials.
He just majored #3 in one of his first college matches. I think he fits exactly what you are looking for by Nats. May not beat Moore, but he’s already capable of making the finals and bonusing his share along the way. Why hold him back?

Are there 25+ from the other 5 weights? Hmmm, doesn't seem like it right now, but let's see what happens at Midlands and whether Downey is eligible. Murin needs to get to 133 and place high at Midlands. Stoll needs to be 100% and separate himself from non-elite guys. Turk...Marinelli...etc.

I think those 5 go well over 100 with bonus. I'd expect all of them to score bonus points through the first 2-3 rounds at a minimum. I could easily see the 5 of them reaching 115 or so.

You hit the key things:

Midlands results
Downey???
Stoll (and Lee) stay healthy

Even with Warner we have one match. Yes, he looked good, but frankly Miklus looked like crap; we may discover there was a problem there. So, again, very nice win but let's watch Midlands. Too early to start burning shirts.

Reactions: MVPFAN

Lee hasn't wrestled a DI match yet. 133 isn't scoring pts at NCAA's. 141 may get you a couple. Sorenson still has Retherford. Kemerer has Nolf. Marinelli hasn't wrestled yet. Gunther may get you a coupe pts. Downey isn't even eligible yet to be on the team. I do think Warner AA's but he is definitely still behind Moore at the least. Stoll looks like he has a ways to go before he gets back to top form.

I just don't see risking Lee and I am not sold that Warner would be a major improvement over Wilcke. If after Midlands Downey is on the team and Lee, Marinelli and Warner win it (along with the obvious Sorenson and Kemerer) then MAYBE you start to consider it.

All things considered I think looking to the future is the best choice. Keep them shirted this season and working on getting stronger/healthy. Doing that, I think Iowa wins at least one championship between 2019-2022.

New

125 and 133 aren't scoring points. 141 may get you a couple. Retherford still has Sorenson. Nolf still has Kemerer. Bo has Downey. Hall has Z.

All things considered I think PSU should consider red shirting everyone they possibly can. They just don't have the firepower to compete with Lee, Murin, Lugo, Sorenson, Kemerer, Bull, Gunther, Downey, Warnerov, Stoll.

Redshirt all they can and at least they have a shot at a title by 2022.

You forgot Marinelli. Hypothetically, if we had a really good 174 guy, it would be tough to get past Valencia, Hall, Jordan, and Amine but that last four are up for grabs. Same with 165. McFadden is ranked 5th and the Bull has beat him in freestyle twice. I think Young or Marinelli could AA here or at 174.

Than look at Turk and Stoll. If Turk stays on offense he could really progress this year into something special. Not saying he AAs but we need more data before saying he will not. Sam lost a lot of weight, and therefore his size advantage on bullying fellow huge guys. One would think that would give him the ability to shoot on legs but he hasn't yet. Need more matches. I think the following weights would score points at NCAAs as is:

HWY

Pulling shirts and Downey? I think Murin going down is a pipe dream and it would be tough for Max even if it was him. Pletcher is ranked 10th. Worst case, we would have six AAs with five in the top four IMO.

HWY

He just majored #3 in one of his first college matches. I think he fits exactly what you are looking for by Nats. May not beat Moore, but he’s already capable of making the finals and bonusing his share along the way. Why hold him back?

Its not holding him back, it's putting him in the position to succeed. I think Warner has a shot at being a dominator that we haven't seen since Metcalf. Same with Lee. But it's one match early at an open...great win, but not enough to say pull the shirt right now. Let's see how Midlands goes. I can't speak for him but I'm guess Jake and his Dad feel the same way. Coaches have to be buzzing though...like us.

Ok,

Hypothetically they keep all shirts on; what’s lineup in 2018?? Studs at multiple weights..

Its not holding him back, it's putting him in the position to succeed. I think Warner has a shot at being a dominator that we haven't seen since Metcalf. Same with Lee. But it's one match early at an open...great win, but not enough to say pull the shirt right now. Let's see how Midlands goes. I can't speak for him but I'm guess Jake and his Dad feel the same way. Coaches have to be buzzing though...like us.

Chief I think most people who are saying pull the shirts really mean to wait til Midlands and see from there but it's looking like the opportunity is there this season hence the excitement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT