ADVERTISEMENT

Lineup For Iowa State?

Perhaps it's just me, but college wrestlers seem to get the flu at a greater rate than the general population. When a wrestler is upset, there is a lot of discussion/rumor about whether the wrestler is ill. I don't think I had the flu once in college and don't remember any rampant outbreaks.

Also, I am not suggesting Lee and Lugo don't have the flu or should have wrestled. Just an observation.

Well they are in very close quarters with dozens of others in hot, sweaty rooms each day. It seems logical that viruses could spread between such people to me.

“As for Bowman, I doubt we see him this week at 197 but who knows.”

If the plan is to wrestle Midlands at 174, then he would have to weigh in at under 179.76 for the Iowa State meet.

At 180 vs a good Miklus, not a good matchup.

We should know though, that what the plan is by this weekend.

If he weighs in well above 184, then Warner is out for an extended period an Bowman is next guy in at 197.

If he weighs in at under 180, then we know the path to 174 is being taken.

This will be a big weekend, for sure!
The question is: If Warner doesn't go and Bowman does in fact weigh in at 179.76, is he still a better option than Corbin?

I'd say yes. If Bowman is going to lose he'll more than likely keep it to a decision. Corbin? Idk.

<If the plan is to wrestle Midlands at 174, then he would have to weigh in at under 179.76 for the Iowa State meet.<

I think you are right about the weight.

Here is what I came up with:

11/24/18 = 182.5
12/1/18 = 179.76
12/8/18 = 177.06
12/15/18 = 174.41
12/22/18 = 171.79
12/29/18 = Midlands

It looks to me like there is some wiggle room to make weight within the timeframe for Midlands.

Just my opinion but I think Bowman shouldn’t wrestle until Midlands regardless of whether Warner is able to go on Saturday. Let him focus 100% of his efforts on getting his body ready for 174.

He is going to have a two day weigh in right away so long term it’s better to get him down to weight and let him get accommodated rather than having him face a top 197 lber while in the middle of a big pull.

Gomez said "Its loud and if you do something spectacular that they don't like It's gonna get silent and that's what we plan to do go in there and silence the place were gonna shut everyone up I think "

Reactions: MVPFAN
What doesn't pass the smell test to me with the flu theory is why the hell would you have them at the meet around the rest of the team if they had the flu? Maybe they were on the downhill side of it but I think there's likely more to this story.

Learned a few new things tonight. Here's my thoughts on lineup for Saturday.
125: 80% chance Lee goes of not obviously Perez gets the nod.
133: 100% Desanto
141: 100% Murin
149: 50% Lugo goes and 50% Happel goes
157: 100% Young
165 90% Marinelli 10% Moody
174: 99.9% Wilson
184: 100% Wilcke
197: 75% Warner
Hwt: 60% Costello 40% Stoll. A lot depends on how the rest of the dual goes, assuming they start at 125.

Gomez said "Its loud and if you do something spectacular that they don't like It's gonna get silent and that's what we plan to do go in there and silence the place were gonna shut everyone up I think "
Emphasis on "I think"...

You can’t put Spencer Lee on the ticket and have him not wrestle. That would be a travesty :(

For any fan who wants to be closer to the action. I have two seats sec C row 5 (next to sec B) behind the Clones bench? I’ll be there about 1:40.

Reactions: Neo_Hawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT