ADVERTISEMENT

Little League World Series is…..

Mound visit at the end, the Iowa kid informs his team that they’re trying to make these games close because they’re on ESPN (ABC). Home plate ump comes out and says something I couldn’t hear.

The strike zone in Williamsport has been way better than the regionals leading up to there. There have been some consistency issues and a few fooled on breaking balls, but IMO way better than the regionals.

The way the kids who play in the LLWS each year handle the pressure has always amazed me. It’s hard to imagine being part of such a large event at such young ages. When I was 12, my Babe Ruth/Bambino team played for the state championship. It was a fun day, definitely, but the weight of that game was intense. On all of us. What these kids are dealing with is far, far greater!

The way the kids who play in the LLWS each year handle the pressure has always amazed me. It’s hard to imagine being part of such a large event at such young ages. When I was 12, my Babe Ruth/Bambino team played for the state championship. It was a fun day, definitely, but the weight of that game was intense. On all of us. What these kids are dealing with is far, far greater!
And yet people complain when they cry. Blows my mind.

baseball-mom-shirts.jpg

Lol. ESPN working overtime to find something where there’s nothing. BAU

And I’d bet a substantial amount the stuffing from a giveaway toy is some type of synthetic and not even cotton regardless.

Looks a little weird to me. It's a full time job for the coach to have to tell these kids to "Shake It". They need to turn the cameras and mic's off because who knows what's coming next.

Reactions: Hammer93
Just got home and wasn’t able to watch the game, looks like the boys from Pearland won tonight. Good runs by Davenport

I predicted before this tournament started that Hawaii was the team to beat.

They are incredible. Outscored their four opponents 42-1, so far.

Might be one of the best in Williamsport in the last decade.

I'd be more interested in seeing the district lines for this team. South Dakota has 3 LL teams, two in Rapid City one in Sioux Falls. That's right, they can build a team out of the entire population of Sioux Falls.

Now take Sioux City for example, multiple leagues and teams. The Sioux City team that lost to Davenport at state was a team from the Morningside neighborhood. One freaking neighborhood. If all of Sioux City, or all of Davenport, or an all Metro team could be built how good would they be? Yeah, that's what I thought too. Really freaking good.

I'd be more interested in seeing the district lines for this team. South Dakota has 3 LL teams, two in Rapid City one in Sioux Falls. That's right, they can build a team out of the entire population of Sioux Falls.

Now take Sioux City for example, multiple leagues and teams. The Sioux City team that lost to Davenport at state was a team from the Morningside neighborhood. One freaking neighborhood. If all of Sioux City, or all of Davenport, or an all Metro team could be built how good would they be? Yeah, that's what I thought too. Really freaking good.
That’s a big reason why I find little league to be a joke. It’s not close to a level playing field.

Dubuque doesn’t even have little league, which is a bummer because there’s some really good baseball here. The league is independent.

This LL home run derby is ridiculous

they moved the fences in??

what is it 150ft???

Where did you hear that they moved the fences? As far as I know the last renovated the stadium in 2006, moving the fences back from 205 to 225

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT