ADVERTISEMENT

Looked like DeSanto said something in the ear of the Purdue ...

I'd rather have someone out there kicking ass who racks up bonus, and could cost a point once a year, than some choir boy who shows no emotion and has super sportsmanship. People who continually harp on austins antics must have hated Tom and Terry.

Keep kicking ass austin.

Most other fan bases did and still do hate Tom and Terry but it is all good. Be true to who you are and the rest of the world will either accept you or not.

Antics and bitching aside the sport of wrestling allows you to succeed in your own way. Zain , Taylor, Cox, Snyder, Gilman, Lee, Fix, Suriano, Moore, Cenzo, Imar, Bull, and it goes on and on and on. They are all loved and despised ; praised and mocked.

All so very different but for the most part just good people when it all comes out in the wash.

Lee and Desanto don't take kindly to nothing burgers talking garbage about being competitive with them. You do that at your own risk. Personally, I think he gave him a little kiss on the cheek and said bye bye. My only question is why didn't Melton kid get all big and tough til the match was over.

??? I’m all for a bit of smack talk in sports and don’t mind it when things get a bit chippy. However, throwing around racially insensitive comments isn’t something I’ll cheer for, and I certainly won’t root for a guy who behaves in that manner. Has nothing to do with being politically correct....has everything to do with being a decent human being.

I think he was talking about his swagger and trash talking. I'm guessing he ignored the idiotic assumption that just because it was a white wrestler vs a black wrestler the white wrestler said something racist. It's not the 60s even though some act like it is.

Reactions: shobart
??? I’m all for a bit of smack talk in sports and don’t mind it when things get a bit chippy. However, throwing around racially insensitive comments isn’t something I’ll cheer for, and I certainly won’t root for a guy who behaves in that manner. Has nothing to do with being politically correct....has everything to do with being a decent human being.
I get what you are saying and it’s not something I teach my kids to do when playing sports but to say it does not go on no matter what color, religion, politics you are/have your nuts. I have seen and heard just about everything. It’s how some choose to get in other peoples head. That’s all I am saying.

Reactions: shobart
Thank you. ^^ Nowadays people are so keyed up to be offended that someone doesn't even have to do anything wrong for the ball to get rolling. Then...if something off-key is said or done, or even borderline or even imaginary, the freak out machine goes into overdrive immediately.

"Show me the man, and I'll show you his crime" - Lavrentiy Beria, head of Joseph Stalin’s secret police

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
Not to be that guy, but I hope it wasn't anything that could be considered "insensitive" especially on the racial front.

giphy.gif

I think what Austin said was kind of short and romantic and Ford-Melton was just not in the mood.

Reactions: Kwoodhawk
The reason i liked his comment is because people on here claiming psu wrestlers are on roids with nothing to back it up are idiots. I'm an iowa fan and it absolutely sucks that psu has been on the run they have, but posters who let it bother them so much that they have to make up excuses and claim the other team cheats are pathetic. Get over it.
And what was your previous user name?

Reactions: el dub
I was able to enlarge the video, combine it with fan footage from a different angle that was uploaded to instagram, and zoom in. In lieu of foreign language in college I took lip reading and with that skill in hand and the video I was able to determine that Austin said: "Jeffery Epstein didn't kill himself", which as you can imagine could be very upsetting.

Since lip reading is not an exact science, I think it's only right that I also state that there is a 2nd possible, however unlikely phrase that he might have uttered, which is "a man a plan a canal, panama", but I dismissed this as I don't believe this fits the reaction from the Purdue wrestler combined with the fact that studies have shown that palindromes are often difficult to recall from memory during athletic competitions.

Mystery solved! You're welcome!

He said, "Do you think Soleimani deserved it? Cause I do!" I didn't hear how the Purdue wrestler replied to the question, but it looked to me he disagreed.

Last edited:
Reactions: BootsTiggley
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT