ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like another possible derecho event tonight

I hope no one is getting flooded out but we are happy the areas north and south of the Des Moines area are getting lots of rain. The slough north of us has not been full in several years. We can do without the winds and hail however!

Here I was thinking it was just supposed to be "upper-levels of hell on Earth" hot this week.

Missed the memo on the severe weather and/or conditions threats all day/night, every day/night too.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Can we speak to a manager about scheduling these storms during non-sleeping hours?

Agreed. It drives my wife crazy. She’ll probably be up watching the radar and listening to updates all damn night….which means I’ll be up as well. Ever since the 2020 derecho, she fears bad weather like a cat fears a bath.

I like a nice green lawn through the 4th of july. I don't care as much with each subsequent day in July. Once August hits I am ready for it to scorch and go dormant.
amen-to-that-i-second-the-motion.gif

My weather radio alarm has gone off the last two nights in the wee hours. Looking forward to getting up in the middle of the night again to go watch a storm on the front porch like a good Midwesterner.

Reactions: Tenacious E
The Nutsedge is going crazy in my yard so I'll have to spray that. One good thing about a drought is the Nutsedge doesn't like dry yards.

Can we speak to a manager about scheduling these storms during non-sleeping hours?

Yep. Here in CR last night, sometime after 4am my gawd the thunder was loud. Yet somehow, my side of town got practically no rain at all.

But hell yeah...the drum solo was long and furious.

For us CR/IC folks per the QC NWS...

"The final concern tonight is flooding. The soils across the south
third of the area are saturated so any additional heavy rainfall
would cause either flash or areal flooding to occur. While the
ground in the highway 30 and Interstate 80 corridors is drier, high
rainfall rates may result in flooding in urban areas. For these

reasons the flood watch was extended further north."

DM area got 3+ if not more last night. Looks like tonight might be our turn.

And yeah, western and central Iowa might get a whole lot of wind with their rain. We might here too apparently, just less of a chance than west of us.

Could be quite the evening and night here in Iowa yet again.

^ He said he doesn't think the chance of tornadoes is that great or even all that good in eastern Iowa, so that's happy news.

Ts & Ps for those in the areas that are more likely to possibly get tornadic activity this evening/tonight.

Reactions: lucas80
Agreed. It drives my wife crazy. She’ll probably be up watching the radar and listening to updates all damn night….which means I’ll be up as well. Ever since the 2020 derecho, she fears bad weather like a cat fears a bath.
I would suggest these. They worked for my Labrador.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT