ADVERTISEMENT

Louisiana for the win

IAFB2021Champs

HB Heisman
Feb 6, 2012
The power to decide if someone’s nuts get cut off or not. Wow. That’s something.

That said, I’m all for chemical castration of actual pedos. I’m a firm believer you cannot be rehabilitated if you’re into kids.
It’s a great first step. I think they should do it for other crimes as well. Someone has some sticky fingers and gets caught stealing, time to lose those fingers.

Reactions: NoWokeBloke
It’s a great first step. I think they should do it for other crimes as well. Someone has some sticky fingers and gets caught stealing, time to lose those fingers.

ec8ffbdd-2a60-4d81-911f-6f657711584c_text.gif

Pretty sure the article says that it won’t be for every case.
I’m guessing if they are getting your balls chopped off, there’s a very high probability that they are guilty.

It amazes me how many on this board are so quick to defend criminals.
I think it also needs to be stated that until 2018 Louisiana didn’t need a unanimous jury to convict. They also weren’t able to retroactively reverse 10-2 and 11-1 jury convictions.

There are a lot of people, typically POC that may not belong in jail in Louisiana.

I’m not exactly defending what they did, just not going to be so quick to jump on lopping off body parts. Especially with Louisiana’s track record.

Pretty sure the article says that it won’t be for every case.
I’m guessing if they are getting your balls chopped off, there’s a very high probability that they are guilty.

It amazes me how many on this board are so quick to defend criminals.
Um, it’s similar to the death penalty and there’s a LOT of history of wrongful convictions that ended in execution. Not a high percentage, but it’s the kind of thing we really need to be pretty much perfect on as a society. Big punishment.

And the article is about convicted sex criminals.

What type of logic is putting someone in prison where a majority of time they get out early and go out and commit another crime? Usually the same type of crime. In this case they wouldn’t be able to.

Look, no one likes pedophiles. No one likes rapists. No one like's sexual assaulters.

The issue we have right now is that government regulated body modifications are a slippery slope. Some states (Louisiana) have history of wrongly convicting people. If this is even allowed, which it may not be under the 8th amendment, we need to know 100% that they are guilty.

Because not all convicted people actually did the crime they're serving.

Yes, but as mentioned, you can be convicted of a crime you didn't commit, which is what Millah is saying but somehow that's going over your head. That's all. He wasn't defending criminals, he was bringing up a scenario that could backfire spectacularly on the state.

• Haha
Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
Pedophiles are the worst of the worst and I’m all for options that could directly prevent future attacks. Lock ‘em all up and throw away the key I say. Mandatory life sentence.

The one hesitation I have on methods like surgery is we sometimes convict innocent folks - only to later learn of their innocence. I also don’t think this would prevent other methods these sick f*cks could use to abuse kids. Locking them up forever seems the best path to me.

Pedophiles are the worst of the worst and I’m all for options that could directly prevent future attacks. Lock ‘em all up and throw away the key I say. Mandatory life sentence.

The one hesitation I have on methods like surgery is we sometimes convict innocent folks - only to later learn of their innocence. I also don’t think this would prevent other methods these sick f*cks could use to abuse kids. Locking them up forever seems the best path to me.
I’m anti-death penalty for multiple reasons I don’t need to get into here and this is similar, but it is different.

I’m not sure exactly where I stand on this kind of punishment in theory, but in practice, I would need to know a lot more about how well it actually works. Often sexual predators get more from the control/power than they do the actual sex, would castration address that side of it, if the urge is more about power than sexual gratification? I don’t know.

I absolutely do not trust Louisiana to get this right and this is a big punishment to get wrong or to enact more for vengeance.

Are you old enough to remember this case?

None of them ended up being convicted, but stories like this are why we should proceed with caution dispensing punishment that is irreversible.

Yes, but as mentioned, you can be convicted of a crime you didn't commit, which is what Millah is saying but somehow that's going over your head. That's all. He wasn't defending criminals, he was bringing up a scenario that could backfire spectacularly on the state.
Pretty much anything in life can backfire.
I’m sure if it does it this situation, the result will be the same as it is for most cases. They will receive a bunch of money.
What happens if someone does commit this crime and the offender isn’t castrated. They get out of jail and they do it again and knock someone up and that person isn’t allowed to have an abortion and are stuck raising a sex offenders child?
You want to keep playing the what if game?

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT