ADVERTISEMENT

Marinelli and Joseph

Bull may have unlocked the key here. Alternate lower and upper attacks, only go for it when your confident in the position, hopefully wear him down just 10%-15% until a leg attack gets through. And never give him a chance to re-attack.
It was a good plan, but cael has shown the ability to make adjustments with his wrestlers. Brands has to do the same with bull.

Bull may have unlocked the key here. Alternate lower and upper attacks, only go for it when your confident in the position, hopefully wear him down just 10%-15% until a leg attack gets through. And never give him a chance to re-attack.
Bull kept attempting the post HC until his final shot when he went to the right with a near leg single.
The timing was perfect. Cenzo never saw it coming.

Agree 100% with the OP, these 2 guys a Warriors!

As far as adjustments. When you get a Bear Hug, unless you just crush the guy and bend him backwards. You need to Hop to a side. Joseph I believe always throws to his right. Bull needs to lock and hop to his left which would shut down joseph's throw.

Bull may have unlocked the key here. Alternate lower and upper attacks, only go for it when you're confident in the position, hopefully wear him down just 10%-15% until a leg attack gets through. And never give him a chance to re-attack.

This. To me that was the difference. Bull attacking at different levels, a lot of low and high shots...Joseph doesn't do that.

It was a good plan, but cael has shown the ability to make adjustments with his wrestlers. Brands has to do the same with bull.
I think we saw some adjustments from Cenzo already in this last match. I don't remember him ever getting in that deep on leg attacks on Marinelli in past matches, and he finishes both of those shots against any other wrestler. I was impressed with the Bull's ability to move his feet just enough and horse Cenzo back up with his underhook. That was a turning point in the match in my opinion.

In my opinion this was the best match I have seen in a long time. Two warriors toe to toe the entire 7 minutes. Only thing that could have screwed this match up is if A.Rivera was officiating. Toe to toe. Head to head. Blood time out. Fantastic.

I was with you until the blood time out. You like stoppages for blood?

I don't think the Bull figured out anything new...he just beat him. Cenzo had a few chances and Bull danced out of em. Those odds are gonna be hard to duplicate and be that clean vs Cenzo.

If they meet in the Finals it will be a complete toss up again. I could just as easy see Cenzo win that in Minny and then Kem beats Hall in complete roll reversals from BigTens.

All 4 of those guys are just on another level.

Joseph not accepting his 2nd place medal on the podium was classless

Cenzo is a good kid who made a dumb decision after a heartbreaking loss. Lighten up...kids do this kind of stuff, this is how they learn.

Now if he steals an old lady's purse, spits on a baby and kicks a puppy...lemme know! That would be classless. This was just a dumb mistake because he was disappointed in himself.

Cenzo is a good kid who made a dumb decision after a heartbreaking loss. Lighten up...kids do this kind of stuff, this is how they learn.

Now if he steals an old lady's purse, spits on a baby and kicks a puppy...lemme know! That would be classless. This was just a dumb mistake because he was disappointed in himself.
Yeah, Not a big deal to me. Mcdonuogh threw his in the trash.

Yeah not a good look. I’ve heard of lots of medals being tossed in the bin but outright refusing on the podium is pretty poor sportsmanship.
That was just grandstanding. Like Howard leaving his shoes in the ring to honor an uncle. Both were trying to bring attention to themselves. What Joseph could have done is quietly accept the medal and go give it to a child in the stands.

Reactions: royhobbs2
Cenzo went without a title at B1G's over his career. As good as he is, that has to be more than a little frustrating. Not taking the medal is no big deal. Even if it is a bit of a bad look, Cenzo has always been pure class every other time and gets an easy pass on this one

Cenzo went without a title at B1G's over his career. As good as he is, that has to be more than a little frustrating. Not taking the medal is no big deal. Even if it is a bit of a bad look, Cenzo has always been pure class every other time and gets an easy pass on this one
I remember hearing McD threw his silver medal from Big tens in the trash after Escobedo beat him. Shi* happens.

Reactions: pumpdog20

Not sure if "classless" is the word I would use? Maybe more like childish or even babyish. You need to man up in tough situations! Losing is a big part of sports and live. DEAL WITH IT and keep moving forward. No one wins them all!

I don't think the Bull figured out anything new...he just beat him. Cenzo had a few chances and Bull danced out of em. Those odds are gonna be hard to duplicate and be that clean vs Cenzo.

If they meet in the Finals it will be a complete toss up again. I could just as easy see Cenzo win that in Minny and then Kem beats Hall in complete roll reversals from BigTens.

Disagree somewhat. The BULL is a better Wrestler and if they were on the same team and stuck at the same weight, he would be the starter. I believe he is now 3-1 against him which helps support my statement.

That being said, the better Wrestler doesn't always win, and when they are that closely matched. It could certainly go in the other directions.

All 4 of those guys are just on another level.

I remember hearing McD threw his silver medal from Big tens in the trash after Escobedo beat him. Shi* happens.

This is not the same as not showing up at the podium. No one really cares what you do with your awards at the end of the day. representing yourself, your team, and your school is a different story!

Yes, he could have just thrown it away like McD!!!

edit, sorry just noticed someone addressed that already, but I was serious, be man enough to accept that 2nd place medal and do whatever you want with it after.

Reactions: pumpdog20

Yup...much hay was made on that one even a few years later. I didn't know that Cenzo never showed until this thread. Usually, folks make a big deal out of behavior like that.

Yup...much hay was made on that one even a few years later. I didn't know that Cenzo never showed until this thread. Usually, folks make a big deal out of behavior like that.

I think Cenzo showed up on the awards stand and then declined to accept the 2nd place medal. FWIW, as others have mentioned, McDonough threw a 2nd place medal in the trash once and I personally witnessed Mark Perry ceremoniously slam dunk one in a trash can just after stepping off of the awards stand one time at B10's.

Probably the toughest place for a wrestler to be is on the second step of the awards stand about 9 minutes after having your dream crushed...but Hawk or not...respect the opponent, respect the sport, show some maturity and take the medal that you earned and keep your cool.

If you want to throw it away later, who cares, it's yours. But don't create a scene and draw the attention to you, away from the winner, etc.

Hmmm. Didn’t know that til now. It’s not like it was won/lost on a questionable call. He got taken down at the end of a brutally physical match. One guy had it in him and the other guy couldn’t stop him. That’s what wrestling is all about.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
Keyboards they be a melting if that was ADS that didn't accept his medal...........
images

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT