ADVERTISEMENT

Marinelli and Joseph

With all the discussion on here, it’s still a coin flip. Cenzo was in deep twice. They will lock up at some point. Impossible to predict, but I’ll bet Cenzo comes out with more energy than usual. He’s been wrestling like Hall, Steveson and acting SUPER calm and keeping adrenaline at bay. He’s going to have to step it up. You can see it’s taking much more out of Alex in these matches physically and mentally fighting those hip and defense of Cenzo. I’d say go with the same plan, but a little more readiness on shots and footwork by circling.

Probably... I just remember a lot of talk about Mark doing this his freshman year at the Omaha Open after losing to Hendricks the first time.
Perry threw away his shoes at National Duals IIRC as well. Don't recall who he lost to that triggered that, but pretty sure it happened.

With all the discussion on here, it’s still a coin flip. Cenzo was in deep twice. They will lock up at some point. Impossible to predict, but I’ll bet Cenzo comes out with more energy than usual. He’s been wrestling like Hall, Steveson and acting SUPER calm and keeping adrenaline at bay. He’s going to have to step it up. You can see it’s taking much more out of Alex in these matches physically and mentally fighting those hip and defense of Cenzo. I’d say go with the same plan, but a little more readiness on shots and footwork by circling.
What I saw yesterday was one hell of a wrestling match with Alex getting his arm raised.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
Good grief, not accepting a medal isn't disrespecting your opponent or the sport. LOL

Who gives a rip. They shook hands afterwards, there was no trash talk. Cenzo is fine in the respect aspect. As far as his blast doubles, yeah he should be worried about those. You don't usually see 2x champions get stood up multiple times like that.

Good grief, not accepting a medal isn't disrespecting your opponent or the sport. LOL

Who gives a rip. They shook hands afterwards, there was no trash talk. Cenzo is fine in the respect aspect. As far as his blast doubles, yeah he should be worried about those. You don't usually see 2x champions get stood up multiple times like that.
Be worried about his blast doubles? Marinelli might be the only one on the planet who could Not be put straight to his ass ( or that stone hipped Mehki Lewis).

In my opinion this was the best match I have seen in a long time. Two warriors toe to toe the entire 7 minutes. Only thing that could have screwed this match up is if A.Rivera was officiating. Toe to toe. Head to head. Blood time out. Fantastic.
Maybe this has been said before, those two could wrestle in a phone booth.

Not sure if "classless" is the word I would use? Maybe more like childish or even babyish. You need to man up in tough situations! Losing is a big part of sports and live. DEAL WITH IT and keep moving forward. No one wins them all!

This is not the same as not showing up at the podium. No one really cares what you do with your awards at the end of the day. representing yourself, your team, and your school is a different story!
Maybe class less was not right word. Joseph was obviously very upset, point being just accept the medal and throw away afterwards.

Reactions: Grip220
My youngest 11, got second at Colorado State last year. He had beat the kid he lost to about 5 times throughout the year. He waived off the medal on the stand. The tournament director knows me and he didnt make a big deal of it. I asked him after why he didnt take the medal and he said he didnt deserve it after the way he wrestled in the finals. Our team had several more wrestlers still competing, about 30 minutes later the tournament director came over and pulled my boy to the side and he came back with his medal. Im pretty happy that I dont have to be hard on him , hes hard on himself, its a lot more fun to build them up. My oldest is the opposite, he loses and its o'well Ill get the next one. All these kids are wired differently.

In my opinion this was the best match I have seen in a long time. Two warriors toe to toe the entire 7 minutes. Only thing that could have screwed this match up is if A.Rivera was officiating. Toe to toe. Head to head. Blood time out. Fantastic.
When two of them are wrestling, There Will Be Blood :)

I’ve watched this match 3 times now. If you can, watch this match again. The bigger the tv the better. First thing is the two guys are going at each other for the entire match. Nothing but action. Both wrestlers should be commended for a job well done. Secondly, watch it enough you can watch the people in the background during the match. A who’s who of wrestling, and everyone is watching the match. Tom Ryan can’t watch his mat for watching the center mat. Everyone in the building has eyes on the match.

I’ve watched this match 3 times now. If you can, watch this match again. The bigger the tv the better. First thing is the two guys are going at each other for the entire match. Nothing but action. Both wrestlers should be commended for a job well done. Secondly, watch it enough you can watch the people in the background during the match. A who’s who of wrestling, and everyone is watching the match. Tom Ryan can’t watch his mat for watching the center mat. Everyone in the building has eyes on the match.
And after the match everyone applauded both wrestlers.

The hand slap in the middle after blood time just respect was classic also.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT