ADVERTISEMENT

Mass shooting at Club Q in Colorado Springs

You make it sound as though Christians are the root of the world’s evils. Well, maybe you didn’t, but I just wanted to clarify.

There are a lot of people in this world that are just bad people, Christians and non Christians.

Better place? Sure. Much better? Not so sure.
More people have died in the name of Jesus than other person in human history.

Likely or possible?
I say likely unless the club was just some random target he stumbled upon hell bent on just killing innocents.

Regardless, I'll still go with "likely" over certain or possible and still be pretty comfortable with that choice. If it turns out he voted for Biden and stumbled into the wrong bar thinking he was about to off some MAGAts, though, I'll be the first to eat some crow.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Why do they have to be "super powers"? Are you not marveled by the stars, sun, moon, human body, the awe that is a single cell? The glory of life itself is all around you, Huey. It's not happenstance, it's not magic nor accident. It's amazing and awe-inspiring Intelligent Design.

Me thinks you may be watching too many Marvel and DC movies (and that's quite the pot call'n the kettle from me ;) ).
Yes, I consider Jesus' powers fictional. Once someone claims that someone can heal like Wolverine, control animals like Aquaman, control the weather like Storm, and fly like Superman, I instantly consider that person a work of fiction.

In all honesty it baffles me that an adult could think such claims true.

Reactions: ironside1
Now do a translation from the original text’s language. The words and terminology will be significantly different. Imagine how much of the original text has been altered and lost and deliberately removed over the centuries. Not so cut and dried at all.

I might suggest you pivot to Dr. Seuss books, a much more reliable collection of moral fables

It is literally "The Telephone Game", conducted over many centuries.

When the kids' game screws up the message in 4 or 5 iterations, max, within mere minutes.

Heavy has confirmed that Aldrich is the grandson of outgoing Republican State Assemblymember Randy Voepel, the former mayor of Santee, California. Voepel represents the 71st district in the San Diego area. There were calls to expel Voepel from the state Assembly after he made comments comparing the January 6 attacks to the Revolutionary War. Aldrich’s mother, Laura Voepel, has written posts praising Randy Voepel on Facebook and confirming he is her father.

What a disgusting disgrace of a human being

FiC7foPX0AAcuDV

I always seem to forget we have a few posters playing with less than a full deck. Apparently name calling is the solution for them
Lol. Coming from you and @Jan Itor I consider that a compliment. Every single Maga does nothing but preach their so called Christian values. I know, I know, you aren’t Maga’s, just good right wing conservative nuts. But keep preaching.

But it's a fair point. Even Trump hid behind the bible. And everyone and their kid sister knows he sure as shit isn't a Christian.
Who has more issues Jan or this guy who went off on him for no reason and called him a piece of shit?

Reactions: hawkland14
Who has more issues Jan or this guy who went off on him for no reason and called him a piece of shit?
I have no idea. I'm just responding to the point that the conservative right plays pretend Christian. And to be fair this didn't start with Trump. I remember reading about Power Christians right after the Tea Party movement who believed that power was what true Christianty was all about. And that source of power came from politics and money.

Reactions: Tom Paris
I have no idea. I'm just responding to the point that the conservative right plays pretend Christian. And to be fair this didn't start with Trump. I remember reading about Power Christians right after the Tea Party movement who believed that power was what true Christianty was all about. And that source of power came from politics and money.
Every last one of them are hypocrites.

Link to the Christian Conservative right advocating for the killing of people? Or are you going to link some fringe group and pretend we are all apart of it so you can advance your agenda and score political points

Link to the Christian Conservative right advocating for the killing of people? Or are you going to link some fringe group and pretend we are all apart of it so you can advance your agenda and score political points
"Locked and loaded." "Stand back and standby." The capitol coup. It's all right there in front of your eyes. It's up to you decide if you want to see it.

I have plenty of cousins who are liberal and conservative, we didn’t get that from my grandparents
I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark none of those cousin's committed 6 felonies. And had a politically connected grandfather either. Colorado Springs is a Conservative stronghold. Meaning the DA is most likely Redder than Santa.

This is so nuts. My wife and I were in a gay bar last night for karaoke. It was a great time. Everyone laughing and singing and having fun. It could have been us who were killed by a nut job.

Used to go to Emerald city here in P'cola for drink till you drown....always a fun time

Reactions: Cougar63
Holy fvck....we actually agree on something
Lol. I have a couple very close gay friends. 3 of them are in the 55 to 60 age range. Just awesome guys who lived their early days in the closet but have lived a great life down here. I met Scott and Charles in 2004 when we lived in the same apartment complex and we have been best friends ever since. My opinion is absolutely shaped by my relationship with them.

I will add that those two plus my coworker are all pretty hard core conservatives: they are also appalled by the young members of the gay community. I don’t partake in much of that discussion when it happens.

Lol. I have a couple very close gay friends. 3 of them are in the 55 to 60 age range. Just awesome guys who lived their early days in the closet but have lived a great life down here. I met Scott and Charles in 2004 when we lived in the same apartment complex and we have been best friends ever since. My opinion is absolutely shaped by my relationship with them.

I will add that those two plus my coworker are all pretty hard core conservatives: they are also appalled by the young members of the gay community. I don’t partake in much of that discussion when it happens.
LOL. Of course you supposedly have a couple, I mean, three very close (ok well one is a coworker) gay “friends” who are all conservatives and “appalled by the young members of gay community”. You are so full of it.

i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT