ADVERTISEMENT

Mass shooting at Club Q in Colorado Springs

Honestly I think the hate will only get worse. A lot of Christians are fully political in their beliefs. I expect to see LGBTQ rights challenged in nearly every capacity in the next few years.
They’re all disgusting. Time to tax churches and hold leaders pedaling hate accountable beyond just words. Trump, Lake, MTG are all terrorists.

We are at war with these white, faux-Christian f’cks. People are dying. The Trumps, MTG’s, Beoberts, Kai Lakes of the world are all responsible and need to be held accountable beyond politics.
FIFY
Jesus reached out to, loved, embraced, spent time with, etc. every type of societal rejects the time period could offer. Somehow His actions translated to hate and violence. Make's zero sense to me.

Ignorant Hate-monger, "Hey, Pastor, that wuz a grate sermon today!"
Ignorant Hate-monger, "Hey, Carl, let's go kill some queers."

Unbelievable.

We are at war with these white, Christian f’cks. People are dying. The Trumps, MTG’s, Beoberts, Kai Lakes of the world are all responsible and need to be held accountable beyond politics.
You don't even know what the person that did this looked like an you are already claiming war. Sit the **** down.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
FIFY
Jesus reached out to, loved, embraced, spent time with, etc. every type of societal rejects the time period could offer. Somehow His actions translated to hate and violence. Make's zero sense to me.

Ignorant Hate-monger, "Hey, Pastor, that wuz a grate sermon today!"
Ignorant Hate-monger, "Hey, Carl, let's go kill some queers."

Unbelievable.

Jesus despised the Pharisees.

Today's (faux) Christians and the Christian Right are modern day Pharisees, who want to impose their pious-ness upon others, but do not want to be constrained by their own religious rules.

He would NOT approve of them and what they stand for.

Don’t forget forest fires!
Isn’t this the reason God created California AND forest fires? To build a funeral pyre for gays?
I thought that was what the fault line was for? Maybe falling in the ocean will be a mop up action.

I can foresee the coming Lifetime Holiday Romance movies coming out for 2022 and 2023 already:

• Female public defender, downtrodden by life, assigned to a Capitol rioter's defense team
  • Falls in love with Capitol rioter's MAGA son
  • He proposes to her at an anti-LGBTQ rally after his father is sentenced to 10 yrs
  • Father is pardoned by Trump in 2024, just in time for their wedding

....fade to black....

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Did Ghost80 get banned? I tried clicking on their profile but it says "not available", but I'm also downloading a game so I don't know if it's just my internet connection acting weird.

Reactions: noleclone2
I thought the Australian method of gun policy was somewhat reasonable. 60 minutes did a piece on it years ago.

I do find it odd that the mass shootings grab a lot of headlines but the daily shootings in the inner cities don’t move the needle. I guess there are fewer political points to do zingers with.

“This user's profile is not available.”

shame-jerry-seinfeld.gif

I thought the Australian method of gun policy was somewhat reasonable. 60 minutes did a piece on it years ago.

I do find it odd that the mass shootings grab a lot of headlines but the daily shootings in the inner cities don’t move the needle. I guess there are fewer political points to do zingers with.
The daily inner city shootings usually involve pimping/drugs/poverty and gangs It's a by product of a criminal element. Mass shootings like the Q Club, schools, churches, etc are of a different societal nature.

Today's (faux) Christians and the Christian Right are modern day Pharisees, who want to impose their pious-ness upon others, but do not want to be constrained by their own religious rules.

This is the correct answer. Those who just call themselves Christian aren’t necessarily true Christian .
Letsbe clear about this:JESUS AND HIS FOLLOWERS DID NOT GET INVOLVED IN POLITICS. JESUS WAS AN ADVOCATE OF GODS KINGDOM. Jesus himself refused to be a king or get involved with the dispute between the Jewish nation and the Roman Empire. Even when satan tempted him with an offer to be a ruler of all the worlds kingdoms , he flat out refused. He told Pilate his kingdom was no part of this world.
True Christians would neither be involved with or support any earthly government or political leader. They should be advocates and subjects of Gods kingdom. they would remain neutral in the worlds politics, disputes,and wars.
While I do follow the bibles counsel on morality, which does cover homosexuality and other sexual matters, I DO NOT believe that is any reason to condemn anyone for their conduct or behavior. God is the judge.
The Bible is clear on Gods viewpoint of homosexual relationships, it is not a grey area. However violence on any level is not acceptable to vent your opposition.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
The Bible is clear on Gods viewpoint of homosexual relationships

No, it's not.

Jesus made ZERO mentions of it. NONE

Meanwhile, nearly all Christians still "work on the Sabbath", eat raw shellfish, eat pork, wear clothing made of more than one type of fiber, etc etc etc.

ALL of those "rules" were done away with by Jesus. And if he was concerned about "gays" or "fabric fibers" or "shellfish" or "pork", he never, ever commented on ANY of them.

He did hang out with lots of outcasts and lepers, however. And today's outcasts and lepers are gays/queers/trannies/HIV-positive people....

No, it's not.

Meanwhile, nearly all Christians still "work on the Sabbath", eat raw shellfish, eat pork, wear clothing made of more than one type of fiber, etc etc etc.

ALL of those "rules" were done away with by Jesus. And if he was concerned about "gays" or "fabric fibers" or "shellfish" or "pork", he never, ever commented on ANY of them.

He did hang out with lots of outcasts and lepers, however. And today's outcasts and lepers are gays/queers/trannies/HIV-positive people....
As a Christian, I actually agree with your post here.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
No, it's not.

Just because Jesus made no mention of it, doesn't mean God's teachings were absent the New Testament. Paul wrote extensively about marriage and it was always about a husband and a wife. Even if we want to get into the specifics of that topic (which we have in other threads), at a minimum the Bible would be clear about sexual promiscuity (sexual acts outside the marriage covenant--mostly due to soul ties). We can start another thread (again) on it.

Regardless, it's beyond me why the church has put so much darn emphasis on sex outside of marriage and homosexuality. Jesus doesn't broach the topic nearly as much as he does God's kingdom, serving the poor, serving/loving each other and hypocrisy. So where "Christians" feel the need to perform hate crimes (verbally or physically) tells me these really aren't Christians performing the acts. I have a feeling Christ would say, "Turn away from me, I do not know thee."

No, it's not.

I said the Bible is clear on the subject . While Jesus did not mention it specifically while on Earth he did renounce unrighteousness and made it clear what Gods original purpose for marriage was in Matthew 19:4-6-In reply he said: “Have you not read that the one who created them from the beginning made them male and female 5 and said: ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will stick to his wife, and the two will be one flesh’? 6 So that they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has yoked together, let no man put apart”
And later Paul in his letter to the Corinthians made it clear as well:
1st Corinthians 6:9,10-“Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God’s Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality, 10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners will not inherit God’s Kingdom”
Seems pretty cut and dry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT