ADVERTISEMENT

Math is hard

TJ8869

HR King
Dec 7, 2006
Saw an article this morning about the upcoming game between the Indiana Fever and the Las Vegas Aces.

Caitlin Clark and the Indiana Fever are set to cap off a five-game road trip on Tuesday against the Las Vegas Aces. Their 9:30 ET matchup will now be held at T-Mobile Arena after ticket demand rose. According to TickPick, the arena's seating capacity expanded by 33% from 12,000 to 18,000 seats.

Sigh.

happy paul rudd GIF

Saw an article this morning about the upcoming game between the Indiana Fever and the Las Vegas Aces.

Caitlin Clark and the Indiana Fever are set to cap off a five-game road trip on Tuesday against the Las Vegas Aces. Their 9:30 ET matchup will now be held at T-Mobile Arena after ticket demand rose. According to TickPick, the arena's seating capacity expanded by 33% from 12,000 to 18,000 seats.

Sigh.
They thought backwards. Another victim of common core undoubtedly.

Do you people prefer "math" or "maths"?

Adding the s on the end has always bothered my American brain. The Brits may be right on this, but it still feels wrong.

Reactions: TJ8869
Do you people prefer "math" or "maths"?

Adding the s on the end has always bothered my American brain. The Brits may be right on this, but it still feels wrong.
“Americans call mathematics ‘math’ because they argue mathematics functions as a singular noun, so math should be singular too. Fair enough, Americans. But by the same singular rule, you’re a bunch of asshole.”

— Jimmy Carr

• Love
Reactions: funksouljon
“Americans call mathematics ‘math’ because they argue mathematics functions as a singular noun, so math should be singular too. Fair enough, Americans. But by the same singular rule, you’re a bunch of asshole.”

— Jimmy Carr

This is exactly what I think about now when I hear the word math used. Damnit Jimmy!

Reactions: TJ8869
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT