ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Campbell won't be coaching at Clown U next year? That's a shame.

Desperation for what?

Matt Campbell looks like a very good coach and might end up being the best coach ISU has ever had. But in 3 years at ISU he has a .500 record, a losing record in conference games, and has never beaten the hawks. We have no reason to be desperate yet.

Yea maybe he beats the hawks this year, and maybe the clowns win 10 games, and maybe he makes ISU nationally significant, and maybe he'll turn down fantastic job offers to stay at ISU forever. Yea, lots of maybes. It seems like we're not desperate so much as ISU fans are blinded by a litany of assumptions about Campbell.
You're going to evaluate a coach on his first 3 years? Ferentz was 11-24 (.314) in his first 3 years.

Iowa State is trending up, beating teams better than Iowa and contending for Big XII championships.

Let's not forget the 15 straight. Have to include all the data according to WallStreet
I was responding to a post where one of the boys here chose to focus on the past 16 years (11-5) of Ferentz. I thought it was only fair to include his first 4 years (0-4) too. Especially when Campbell is being criticized for starting 0-3.

You're going to evaluate a coach on his first 3 years? Ferentz was 11-24 (.314) in his first 3 years.

Iowa State is trending up, beating teams better than Iowa and contending for Big XII championships.

And yet you still haven't beaten Iowa. You beat one team who finished higher a few spots in front of Iowa in WVU last year. On flip side as for your "contending for Big 12" which you were 3rd last year you do realize in year 4 KF won a conference title.

Reactions: GhostAppendage
And yet you still haven't beaten Iowa. You beat one team who finished higher a few spots in front of Iowa in WVU last year. On flip side as for your "contending for Big 12" which you were 3rd last year you do realize in year 4 KF won a conference title.

And in KF's 20th year he finished tied for T-2nd in a weak West division.

And in KF's 20th year he finished tied for T-2nd in a weak West division.
How is the "weak West division" still a thing when most college football pundits have it as one of the best/strongest/deepest divisions in CFB? Iowa, Wisconsin, and Nebraska all ranked, Northwestern just on the edge, Minnesota and Purdue on the rise. The only dog is Illinois. Hell, the only team in the West I am confident ISU could beat is Illinois.

How is the "weak West division" still a thing when most college football pundits have it as one of the best/strongest/deepest divisions in CFB? Iowa, Wisconsin, and Nebraska all ranked, Northwestern just on the edge, Minnesota and Purdue on the rise. The only dog is Illinois. Hell, the only team in the West I am confident ISU could beat is Illinois.
Slow your horses there. Illinois would give ISU all they want & would probably beat them if the game was in Champaign.

Maybe I was the only one that thought the B10W was down and weak last year. Didn't realize Wisconsin & Nebraska also were ranked. I only thought it was Iowa and Northwestern to finish the year ranked.

Maybe I was the only one that thought the B10W was down and weak last year. Didn't realize Wisconsin & Nebraska also were ranked. I only thought it was Iowa and Northwestern to finish the year ranked.

Last year like:
Wisconsin beating Miami (FL) 35-3
Northwestern beating Utah 31-20
Iowa beating Miss St 27-22
Minnesota beating Ga Tech 34-10

Five of the seven were bowl teams and all won except Purdue.

No, I don’t think you were the only one to buy into the false narrative that the B1G West was weak. It’s a yearly narrative pretty much.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

Uhh that doesn't have anything to do with my comment. Some clone fan said we're desperate to get rid of MC. I said we have no reason to be desperate yet. It wasn't an evaluation of MC's future, it's just a statement of facts so far. His biggest accomplishment is beating a few good teams, which doesn't mean much. Just ask Paul Rhoads. Saying we're desperate of MC is like saying you're desperate to get rid of Matt Rhule. He's proven he's a good coach, but he hasn't proven he's a superior coach yet.

Oh and to say a 3rd place finish is "contending" for conference championships, then Kirk "contends" for a division championship every year! It's probably true depending on your definition of "contend," but it's a little asinine to say.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Picking out four games hardly tells the story of the season.

Okay. Records vs non West teams:

Purdue: 3-4 includes a smashing of OSU

Wisconsin: 4-3

Iowa: 6-1

Northwestern: 3-5

Minnesota: 5-2

And as already noted (4-1) in bowl games.

The wins over Miss. St. and Utah, quality wins.
Ga. Tech and Miami were both 5 loss teams and a shell of what those programs use to be.

The wins over Miss. St. and Utah, quality wins.
Ga. Tech and Miami were both 5 loss teams and a shell of what those programs use to be.

I’m not pretending that Ga Tech and Miami were competing for national championships, but they were 5-3 and 4-4 respectively in their conf. They certainly weren’t gimme games for Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Last edited:
I’m not pretending that Ga Tech and Miami were competing for national championships, but they were 4-4 and 5-3 respectively in their conf. They certainly weren’t gimme games for Minnesota and Wisconsin.
I think they were screwed physically going onto those games. Very confident UW would win easily, Minny surprised me a bit.

He has beaten better teams than Iowa in games that were more important.

He has beaten better teams than Iowa in games that were more important.
My god.

Why was beating WVU "important"? It was early in the season and the game had no implications on the Big 12 championship. Same goes for beating Oklahoma and TCU last year. Good wins. Didn't matter much in the grand scheme of things. You only won 8 games and they both played in the conference championship.

The only "important" game MC coached in was the Texas/ISU game. A shot at the conference was legit on the line. And your All-Star QB went 10-23, no TD's, and an interception. Give me a break.

Beating teams better then Iowa but not beating Iowa? And contending for Big 12 Championships? When? You and Texan are really not too bright.

Not sure if you’re serious but I’d love for you to link a national outlet that ranks the B10 west in the top 5 of P5 divisions.

https://es.pn/2vUfDPH

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/1/21/18190697/2019-predictions-conferences

3-0 vs. Campbell, 4-0 most recently against ISU.

Fans can blow all the smoke they want, but if the Ronald McDonalds think they are really better the burden of proof has to be proved by them.

Maybe they will defy the historical record. Maybe not.

3-0 vs. Campbell, 4-0 most recently against ISU.

Fans can blow all the smoke they want, but if the Ronald McDonalds think they are really better the burden of proof has to be proved by them.

Maybe they will defy the historical record. Maybe not.

They won’t.

FIrst off, in the title of this thread I call them Clown U and I love how Clown fans have accepted the fact that they are Clown U and therefore participate in this thread with zero hesitation.

Secondly, I love how Clown fans get all butt hurt when the national media predicts MC is going to leave Lames.

Third, I love how Clown fans then use defensive mechanisms saying things like "well, Iowa fans want MC to leave." Clown fans are so illogical; MC has yet to beat us and we want him to leave? Personally, I couldn't care less if MC wants to continue living in Lames and getting his a$$ whipped by The Iowa Hawkeyes.
Hmmm... I was mowing the yard tonight and actually thought to myself, "Why do I hate Iowaaah so much anyway.". Then I get back here, open this thread, and it all came back to me. The arrogance, the delusion of being such a great team, the acceptance of being mediocre, the insecurity of people rooting for any team other than the Hawks, the condescension towards other fan bases, et al. Another typical autumn in the Midwest.

Hmmm... I was mowing the yard tonight and actually thought to myself, "Why do I hate Iowaaah so much anyway.". Then I get back here, open this thread, and it all came back to me. The arrogance, the delusion of being such a great team, the acceptance of being mediocre, the insecurity of people rooting for any team other than the Hawks, the condescension towards other fan bases, et al. Another typical autumn in the Midwest.

Do you read your own message board? You guys are the ****ing kings of stupid quips and sayings. Yet still no one gives a shit about you. If it weren’t for in state political pressure you would literally have no rival.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Hey, Clown.

Why don't you go back to mowing your lawn, rooting for Clown U and staying off Hawkeye message boards. Your inferior, pathetic message board, CyCLOWN Fanatic, misses you.

See ya, never wanna be ya, little brother.

Hey, Clown.

Why don't you go back to mowing your lawn, rooting for Clown U and staying off Hawkeye message boards. Your inferior, pathetic message board, CyCLOWN Fanatic, misses you.

See ya, never wanna be ya, little brother.
See the insecurity statement. My point proven. Every year, same assumption. One bad post about Iowaaah, and you get labeled an ISU or Nebraska fan. Such an insecure fanbase - year after year, same thing.

Not sure if you’re serious but I’d love for you to link a national outlet that ranks the B10 west in the top 5 of P5 divisions.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/1/21/18190697/2019-predictions-conferences

While I don't think the Big Ten West is exactly a meat grinder, SB Nation proved they are nothing more than click bait, and you happily obliged.

The SEC West alone has #2 Alabama, #6 LSU, #12 A&M, and #16 Auburn all in one division, yet we're supposed to believe the Big 12 as a whole is better?

Reactions: iahawks10
See the insecurity statement. My point proven. Every year, same assumption. One bad post about Iowaaah, and you get labeled an ISU or Nebraska fan. Such an insecure fanbase - year after year, same thing.
We simply look down on you, little brother.

Simple as that.

And when we poke fun of Clown U, what happens? Insecure Clown fans like you show up posting nothing but garbage.

End of last year, but has B1G ranked ahead of Big 12 as a whole. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...k-on-top-but-where-does-the-big-ten-land/amp/

Not sure how you can rank the Big 12 #1 when they don’t have divisions or the same number of teams. Not apples to apples.

Do you read your own message board? You guys are the ****ing kings of stupid quips and sayings. Yet still no one gives a shit about you. If it weren’t for in state political pressure you would literally have no rival.

He's a Nebraska fan that pops up every now and again with his self-coined phrase "Iowahhh".

Took all of 90 seconds to find this in the Iowa vs Tennessee game thread from March Madness

Solid game against osu! Lolol
Nice assumption. But wrong nonetheless.
Now you're letting the typical Iowaah insecurity show.

"I was thinking to myself why I hate Iowaaah so much . . .so I decided I would troll their message board for confirmation."
You make me feel a lot better about my life.

I don’t care about the B12 rank I was just pointing out the previous poster was making shit up by saying that respected outlets consider the B1G West a top division.
So 4 teams ranked and/or receiving votes is a bad division?

LOL, Outside of Mich and OSU, there are no jobs in the Big 10 MC would even consider. MC already turned down 3 offers from Tenn, and 6 NFL teams came calling last winter.
Do you know Matt? And ... are you saying 6 NFL teams offered him a job? Campbell came to ISU so why wouldn't he look at other Big 10 schools outside of Mich/OSU? Are you somehow equating ISU is on the level of a Mich/OSU? Funny how many Cyclone fans think ISU has "arrived" after a couple of decent seasons ... Yes, ISU is heading in the right direction ... And while I don't know Campbell, I'd find it very hard to believe he will remain in Ames past 1-2 more years. I think most sensible ISU fans know the Campbell regime is a temporary one.

Preseason rankings mean nothing, see ND and Texas every year.

Umm, ahh, yeah, pretty sure ND went undefeated in the regular season and made the CFP. Texas went 10-4, finished 2nd in the Big 12, beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl, and finished the season ranked 9th.

As much as I agree with you about some programs getting lofty pre-season rankings they have not earned based solely on the past and hype (looking at you Nebraska, Michigan, Texas A&M, and Auburn), I think ND and Texas are not the best examples you could use.

insecurity: uncertainty or anxiety about oneself; lack of confidence.

Using your free time to make repetitious, disparaging posts on a rival fan-base's message board while refusing to disclose your own allegiance . . . seems pretty insecure to me.

Reactions: owenhawk

The insecurity of message board posters? LOL
You aren’t as smart or cool as you think.
Going to start judging kindergarteners next?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT