ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Hankins

PhoenixHawk5.0

HR All-State
Nov 11, 2019
As the holiday bowl was winding down me and my 6 year old made our way down to the front row. After the game and after the awards were given out we waited to try and high five players as they were leaving the field. We weren’t really in the best spot and most of the players went past us however Hankins came over and high fived my kid and said wait right here I have something for you. He returned a few minutes later with a pair of gloves and gave them to my kid. This very small gesture had a huge impact on my kid and now he says #8 is his new favorite/lucky number. Just a very small act that had a huge impact on a young Hawkeye fan that he will always remember.

As the holiday bowl was winding down me and my 6 year old made our way down to the front row. After the game and after the awards were given out we waited to try and high five players as they were leaving the field. We weren’t really in the best spot and most of the players went past us however Hankins came over and high fived my kid and said wait right here I have something for you. He returned a few minutes later with a pair of gloves and gave them to my kid. This very small gesture had a huge impact on my kid and now he says #8 is his new favorite/lucky number. Just a very small act that had a huge impact on a young Hawkeye fan that he will always remember.
Hankins is a good kid. I like him even more now. Great little story.

All it takes is a little bit to do a whole lot. What a cool moment for your son.

Cool post. I have a feeling that those gloves will one day have belonged to an NFL player

Reactions: m.stoops2013
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT