ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe, just maybe, football this fall

hknation

HR All-American
Dec 21, 2001
Read Dr. Fauci's "prediction", (aka hope) for schools open in the fall. At least this gives us something to hold on to and motivate us all to follow the guidelines to stop the spread of COVID 19.

Click on link for full article, but here's a tease:

"While it is not a certainty, it is likely that schools will be able to reopen in the fall, said Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, on Tuesday.

“I fully expect — though I’m humble enough that I can’t accurately predict — that by the time we get to the fall that we will have this under control enough, that it certainly will not be the way it is now — where people are shutting schools,” Fauci said at the daily coronavirus briefing at the White House.

“My optimistic side tells me we will be able to renew,” he added".

LINK: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/f...will-be-able-to-reopen-in-the-fall-2020-04-07

Even if it turns out to be wrong, I have to have something to look forward to. Football season is that something so I’m just going to pretend like it’s a certainty we’ll have it. Something to keep us focused and motivated maybe.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
You say things like this and people might start making threats upon the people making threats on him. He is just talking dirty now.

Dr. Fauci - a real American Hero (if football happens in the fall). :)

Read Dr. Fauci's "prediction", (aka hope) for schools open in the fall. At least this gives us something to hold on to and motivate us all to follow the guidelines to stop the spread of COVID 19.

Click on link for full article, but here's a tease:

"While it is not a certainty, it is likely that schools will be able to reopen in the fall, said Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, on Tuesday.

“I fully expect — though I’m humble enough that I can’t accurately predict — that by the time we get to the fall that we will have this under control enough, that it certainly will not be the way it is now — where people are shutting schools,” Fauci said at the daily coronavirus briefing at the White House.

“My optimistic side tells me we will be able to renew,” he added".

LINK: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/f...will-be-able-to-reopen-in-the-fall-2020-04-07

Maybe, but I bet we still have the designation of essential vs non-essential and no one would label sports as essential, especially in amateur sports. Barring us finding out some large % of the population had this already where we have a somewhat effective herd immunity heading into fall, there won't be large gatherings for non-essential stuff. kids can go to school and learn which is essential versus doing sports which is not.

Even if it starts late, we need to have some live action sports! In whatever form it takes, I am praying that we have football in the fall!

If we have it I think it will be families only in stand and gut our home field vs ISU, neb, wiscy....but I'd take it if it means games. We are gonna be starved by then

Players working out at home isn't the same as in Chris Doyle's facility, or your favorite strength coach at the school you root for.

No spring ball either, no summer drills for the players together.

If (BIG if) camp can open around August 1, that is great. Football in the fall, even if we can't be in the stands. But expect some sloppy football compared to what you are used to. Players won't be in the optimum shape and will lack coaching and instruction.

I want to see it played as much as anybody, but it won't be the finished product we are accustomed to. As I said, sloppy football.

Even if it starts late, we need to have some live action sports! In whatever form it takes, I am praying that we have football in the fall!

Golf seems the easiest to do to me. Make them caddy their own damn clubs too. Would be great for golf.

If we have it I think it will be families only in stand and gut our home field vs ISU, neb, wiscy....but I'd take it if it means games. We are gonna be starved by then

By then we can know if we have had it or not. If can prove had it why not let those people in? That testing is coming and will be a part of reopening things up. Have no concessions, just restrooms for use.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT