ADVERTISEMENT

Men's Freestyle Day Two Thread

Habat vs Zain in the first round will be f**. I think Zain takes it. Oh yeah and Snyder vs Sadulaev in the finals....

tenor.gif

Reactions: snotknockerhawk
Fortunately I don't have to work tomorrow so I'll be able to enjoy all of the matches. Still got to watch Gilmans first 2 + some others before heading in.

I think we have a legit shot at coming back with a team title! Lets bring back 4 medals on day 2!

So Zain just hammered Habat. TF early in the 2nd. I guess there are only two returning world placers in the bracket...Gogaev from 2010 and Gomez from 2011. Bracket is wide open for Zain to take down.

Jordan wins his first match...gets a TD in the last 30 secs.

Zain loses 6-4 to Russian guy from Bahrain. Was in on a a TD but the guy was up in a quad and touched just a second after the clock went out.

Well that sucked.....that guy Retherford wrestled was slick.....did he take a shot in that whole match? Think he did all his scoring from counters and scrambling on the mat....puts a dent in our team race hopes.... man these guys are good on this level....seeing Zain go down reminds you of how remarkable Gilman run was....wow

Green wins 8-0.

Burroughs down 2-0 early. It's stopped due blood time.Back in action.

JB up 6-2. It looks like his double leg is back! A couple more takedowns and a turn and that's a TF for Burroughs of Takatani. Very nice, he looked good.

Last edited:
Reactions: crablegs1
Snyder also just got done, didn't see it but he won via TF in the first minute it looks like.

Green wins 8-0.

Burroughs down 2-0 early. It's stopped due blood time.Back in action.

JB up 6-2. It looks like his double leg is back! A couple more takedowns and a turn and that's a TF for Burroughs of Takatani. Very nice, he looked good.

Burroughs demonstrated some incredible chain wrestling on his penultimate takedown. Cat-quick movement on his attack and three (?) reattacks. He looked very sharp.

--Ohio

Well that sucked.....that guy Retherford wrestled was slick.....did he take a shot in that whole match? Think he did all his scoring from counters and scrambling on the mat....puts a dent in our team race hopes.... man these guys are good on this level....seeing Zain go down reminds you of how remarkable Gilman run was....wow
Really sucks, like Zain a lot. Didn't quite look like himself in either match, looked a little bit tentative imo.
Learning experience, one thing we know is he will be back. I predict a gold for him down the road.

Reactions: natchrlman
Burroughs demonstrated some incredible chain wrestling on his penultimate takedown. Cat-quick movement on his attack and three (?) reattacks. He looked very sharp.

--Ohio
Looked like his old self, is he the master of that double with 5 seconds left in a period or what? Lol

It looks like you can watch online on the Olympic channel if you have Hulu. I don't have Hulu or any other partner, but it might be worth a try if you do.

It looks like you can watch online on the Olympic channel if you have Hulu. I don't have Hulu or any other partner, but it might be worth a try if you do.

track might cost 9.99 for the tournament but you can watch every USA match individually unless two are wrestling at once....good streaming....very impressed

Reactions: PrairieHawk24
must be the way they run the tourney....one minute Track has our wrestler on deck or in the hole....then they slide matches in front of them....looks like green and burroughs will wrestle about the same time again

Track had Burroughs on deck on three ...now hes three matches out....Green in hole on four Snyder right behind him....unless they change it....Im too sleep deprived to keep up o_O

Burroughs gives up a td down 2-1.

Now in the second break in the action. 1 for blood and 1 for review. Totally breaking the flow of the match. This start is reminding me of the Geduev match at the olympics.

Green is up now. Scores first with a shot clock point late in the first period. End of the first up 1-0.

yea I need to shut up and let crablegs do his thing....usually lulls in the action but our wrestlers keep coming up in bunches....good job on the commentary crablegs

Frenchies were all excited for a minute in the Burroughs match, only to have their dreams crushed and shattered a head slap and a push later. Lol

Reactions: natchrlman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT