ADVERTISEMENT

Men's Freestyle Day Two Thread

Still just 21 years old.
Kyle Snyder (wrestler)
Kyle Frederick Snyder (born November 20, 1995) is an American amateur wrestler. He is both the youngest Olympic gold medalist as well as the youngest World Champion in American wrestling history.[1] Snyder is also the youngest wrestler ever to win the World, NCAA, and Olympic championships in the same year — a sweep that hadn't been accomplished in a generation when he completed this triple crown of American wrestling at the 2016 Rio Olympics
Supposedly his Russian opponent who is also a world/Olympic champ is a year younger. Not sure I buy it.

Supposedly his Russian opponent who is also a world/Olympic champ is a year younger. Not sure I buy it.
I think Syder is going to be too much for him, almost a 25 lb. jump Sudaleav made.
I hope so anyway. Lol

How many could their guy on the backside makeup though? Could he go from a current zero to 8?

Team USA coaches must be very good at developing, only 1 out of our 4 finalists was a top 10 p4p recruit and only 2 out of our 6 medalists were top 10 p4p.
One coaching staff has developed 2 of those guys. Nebraska.

How would you like to have to wrestle Snyder in college this year?
I think my confidence would be down going into that one. Lol
I would have been excited. I would have known I was going to have a story to tell my children and grandchildren for years to come.

Reactions: HawkMD
I would have been excited. I would have known I was going to have a story to tell my children and grandchildren for years to come.
No doubt about it he is wrestling at a higher level while still in college than any athlete I've seen in my time.

His true freshman year he beat J'Den (3x champ, world/Olympic bronze), then as a sophomore, giving up 40 pounds, he beats the best heavyweight of the last 10 years who also has a world bronze. Amazing.

Im taking him over Sadulaev.

I think this is certainly a recruiting tool for Manning, but I think the sales pitch loses momentum if you are outside the 157-174 lb. range. Kind of like trying to get a free agent QB to Detroit because Barry Sanders is there... What you have around you, coaching you, etc. may not look as impressive.
Big thanks and shout out to Zeke Jones. I think the Team USA performance has a lot to do with his vision, his direction and what he implemented while at the OTC.

Last edited:
Unfortunately this is good recruiting for NE. :(

Why? If it evens the playing field, I am all for it. Only makes the sport better.

If David Taylor can't get to the Olympics or WCs through the NLWC, it isn't the well oiled machine everyone is making it out to be.

Reactions: minnhawkeye
That was one hell of a match....that weight class has some scrappers in it....great performance by Burroughs

Reactions: ih8iast8
Looking at scores Zain could have won gold. He's on the same level as these guys. Next year Zain.
Little more fs experience.

Last edited:
Burroughs now 4 world golds and an Olympic gold. Last year was an anomaly. He is one of the greatest to ever lace em up for the US of A.
He must have suffered a little burn out last year or had an injury. He was just as dominating as ever this year. I saw no drop off in speed, strength, or anything today.

Looking at scores Zain could have won gold. He's on the same level as these guys. Next year Zain.
Little more fs experience.

Don't think it's FS experience. Zain has been wrestling off season FS for the past three years. His par terre is brutal but he just never got to it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT