ADVERTISEMENT

**** Men's NCAA Tournament ****

Not sure WTF the ref was watching to call a foul on that. Just assumed there was going to be contact, instead of actually watching for it.

What a great matchup next round. Creighton vs. Oregon. I went to several Creighton games when Altman was they're coach and have great respect for him as a coach. Mcdermott is better on the offensive end, but Altman is a great defensive coach - he really chewed guys about rebounding and defense. Both are very, very good all around coaches.

Reactions: NI hawk
I have watched a lot of NCAA games, and Iowa under Fran has been tough, but we had a lot of disappointments before he became coach. Lute had a Final Four, but several disappointments. I remember him telling Bobby Hansen to call a timeout when they didn't have any left, resulting in a deciding technical.

Lute had a final four, but.? You serious?

SEC not looking so mighty. MSU already out and USC looks like it's going down to Oregon. I would love to see Kentucky take an early exit, too.
Big 10 5/0 post season so far. Big 22. 0-2.😀
Kinda feel bad for the players. Not for Alford.

Epic collapse.

Scored 4 points over the final 7+ minutes. Wow
thankfully we have a great coach with no embarrassing losses or embarrassing behaviors. Sure is fun to poke fun at coaches in the NCAA tourney while we sit at home.

Big 10 5/0 post season so far. Big 22. 0-2.😀

thankfully we have a great coach with no embarrassing losses or embarrassing behaviors. Sure is fun to poke fun at coaches in the NCAA tourney while we sit at home.
When it comes to Alfraud it is easy to take shots. I could go down a long list of issues with him. He thought he walked on water, he did not. Was glad when he left, little did we know, it was the beginning of the Lickster's era. Worst coach Iowa ever hired. Give Fran crefit for pulling Iowa basketball out of the crevass.

It's Kansas. They get calls when needed. Just like that team that plays at Arrowhead.
They can't have Kansas and Kentucky fall on Day One. The network pinheads would have a fit. That was an incredible defensive play. Samford should have had the chance to win at the buzzer but instead they got screwed by what may go down as one of the worst calls in NCAA Tournament history.

Couldn't ask for a much more perfect block. WTF?!

That ref waited and saw the Kansas player fall on his a$$ so just assumed it was a foul...

You know, assuming you see a foul is how it works. LOL.

Samford had 3 guys there to rebound that and get a game winner. Potential buzzer beater ROBBED by an incompetent official.

The announcer even called it live as a clean block. Then they have the rules analyst come on and sheepishly say... "Yea that was a clean block"

Reactions: BonzoFury
It's Kansas. They get calls when needed. Just like that team that plays at Arrowhead.
wow...one of the cleanest blocks I've ever seen.
Total screw job.
Fvck KU.
Surprised it wasn't hawk hater Paul Szelc who made that call.(He's an ignorant scoundrel, I disapprove of his very existence.)

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
It is interesting that at the end of the game.... They'll spend MINUTES to add .5 seconds to the clock, but there isn't a way to review that kind of sh*t call. I know you can't review everything and it's a slippery slope, but Samford should have absolutely had the ball down 1 with 15 seconds left. Embarrassing

We lack quickness/strength/above the rim players, but we do have some players with tournament level skills.

We need a coach that puts more value on defense and we need guards. I don't think you can make a deep NCAA run and be a 60th or worse ranked defense, without plus rebounders, or without athletic guards.

Even if Perkins returns, we're probably borderline to be able to make an NCAA run next year to sweet16, We really need Dimbelle to make huge strides in his game and that Freshman from Canada to be a difference maker, and Harding to make a big jump in his shooting. I don't think we can expect Fran to suddenly value defense more.
Agree 100% 👍

What would everyone's feeling be if they gave coaches a challenge or two to look at something like that?
I know there can already be too many delays to check the clock, etc. Getting it right is of the utmost importance, but when is the cost too much?

Hard to get excited about the Dance when you don't have a much rooting interest, other than pulling for upsets of blue bloods. Loved watching KY and its inbred fans lose to mighty Oakland.

Go Cougs!
Yeah, Jess did his best to hype up our NIT game, but the excitement level and pace of the NCAA vs. NIT, is, well…like night and day.😉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT