ADVERTISEMENT

Men's Team: 2024-2025

ObeseMuffins

HR MVP
Jan 7, 2007
No matter what happens in the next few weeks - are we a preseason Top 25 team? Given Perkins comes back...

No matter what happens in the next few weeks - are we a preseason Top 25 team? Given Perkins comes back...
It'll be interesting to see once the dust settles. It's so hard to even know what rosters will look like with how prevalent the transfer portal is nowadays.

I do think that Iowa is setup well on paper to be one of the top teams in the Big Ten next year if TP returns. Purdue loses Edey and Gillis; Illinois loses Shannon, Domask, Guerrier and likely Hawkins; Buie is gone; Maryland loses Young and Scott; Tyson Walker and Malik Hall are gone; Wisconsin loses Wahl.

Just in terms of current rosters, I actually think that Iowa's may be the best on paper (again, assuming TP decides to return). Wisconsin can return everyone but Wahl so they would be up there too. Not sure what Christie will decide on NBA stuff, but Minnesota's potential roster looks kind of nice too if him and Garcia return. Of course there's going to be a lot of spotlight on Rutgers this offseason too with the highly ranked freshmen coming in--big question there is if they can convince Cliff to come back. I've heard he absolutely hates schoolwork and was seriously thinking of leaving to the pros last offseason so it's not a given he'll comeback for year 5.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
It'll be interesting to see once the dust settles. It's so hard to even know what rosters will look like with how prevalent the transfer portal is nowadays.

I do think that Iowa is setup well on paper to be one of the top teams in the Big Ten next year if TP returns. Purdue loses Edey and Gillis; Illinois loses Shannon, Domask, Guerrier and likely Hawkins; Buie is gone; Maryland loses Young and Scott; Tyson Walker and Malik Hall are gone; Wisconsin loses Wahl.

Just in terms of current rosters, I actually think that Iowa's may be the best on paper (again, assuming TP decides to return). Wisconsin can return everyone but Wahl so they would be up there too. Not sure what Christie will decide on NBA stuff, but Minnesota's potential roster looks kind of nice too if him and Garcia return. Of course there's going to be a lot of spotlight on Rutgers this offseason too with the highly ranked freshmen coming in--big question there is if they can convince Cliff to come back. I've heard he absolutely hates schoolwork and was seriously thinking of leaving to the pros last offseason so it's not a given he'll comeback for year 5.
Garcia seems like a guy who will have a lot of options for upward mobility.

Iowas in the rare position to get better with departures.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT