ADVERTISEMENT

Men's team improvements for next year

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
Ulis needs to improve shooting and overall scoring and finish at the rim.

Perkins be consistently the better Perk going 15 pts, and 5 assists and 5 rebounds a game.

Get a big guy in the portal.

Patrick improve, Bowen or Dix step us as a dribble drive penetrator and shooter.

Improve on defense, really improve on defense. It really shows how bad we are on defense.

Sandfort keeps playing hard and sinking treys.

Will Kris think that he needs another year to improve to his right hand, to not, I am going to say it, be so soft. Slam balls at the rim, etc etc

Your thougths

Perkins be consistently the better Perk going 15 pts, and 5 assists and 5 rebounds a game.

Patrick improve, Bowen or Dix step us as a dribble drive penetrator and shooter.

Improve on defense, really improve on defense. It really shows how bad we are on defense.

Will Kris think that he needs another year to improve to his right hand, to not, I am going to say it, be so soft. Slam balls at the rim, etc etc

Your thougths
Ulis is not good, brings very little to the team.

Perkins is crazy inconsistent. Transfer?

Not happening.

Bowen hasn't played all year and then gets in an NCAA tourney game? WTF?

Not happening.

Sandfort just needs to start and do what he does.

Kris is gone.

All these thoughts because I am staying at a Holiday Inn.

Lol.
Uhlis and Bowen will be gone. Can’t see why they would stick with fran. Don’t mind if uhlis goes but Bowen has been poorly used this year. Kris has to go
Patrick has a broke shot and a lazy attitude and he’s the coaches kid and it hasn’t been brought to his attention that these are deficiencies.
My hope is gone. Clean house and give me devries.

Good philosophy with playing fast but McCaffrey teams just play abysmal defense. Year after year so it has to be the coaching.

Reactions: uihawk82
Good philosophy with playing fast but McCaffrey teams just play abysmal defense. Year after year so it has to be the coaching.
You are correct as that was some really bad defense out there tonite. Late in the game and Murray was out 30 feet from the bucket guarding a shorter, faster guard who blew my him for a layup. got to switch off there, man, just junior high mistakes

Your thougths
In order based on your bullets...

1. Ulis needs to go, this is our number one problem few people seems to acknowledge, he's not a B1G PG
2. Perkins needs to play a lot less and is overrated, come off the bench
3. I think we'll get somebody beyond Brauns I hope or we're in deep trouble
4. I have little hope Patrick improves much
5. Defensive improvement = good luck until we bring in a new coach, Fran needs to go too
6. Sandfort belongs
7. Kris is gone to the G league, maybe Europe

My thoughts = we're in a lot of trouble next year unless we're wildly successful in the portal.

In order based on your bullets...

1. Ulis needs to go, this is our number one problem few people seems to acknowledge, he's not a B1G PG That is why I said he needs to improve a lot. He can dribble and get past his man but he never finishes, he needs to develop a hunger for laying it up and not stopping 5 ft from the rim.

2. Perkins needs to play a lot less and is overrated, come off the bench I disagree here as he makes a lot of good plays but he just needs to quit disappearing in games.

3. I think we'll get somebody beyond Brauns I hope or we're in deep trouble
4. I have little hope Patrick improves much. I agree looking at it right now.

5. Defensive improvement = good luck until we bring in a new coach, Fran needs to go too Yeah, I have been screaming about our lack of defense for years it no wonder we can hardly gets stops when we need them.

6. Sandfort belongs - He is a tough player, can be very good

7. Kris is gone to the G league, maybe Europe

My thoughts = we're in a lot of trouble next year unless we're wildly successful in the portal.

Reactions: skydog0784
Lol.
Uhlis and Bowen will be gone. Can’t see why they would stick with fran. Don’t mind if uhlis goes but Bowen has been poorly used this year. Kris has to go
Patrick has a broke shot and a lazy attitude and he’s the coaches kid and it hasn’t been brought to his attention that these are deficiencies.
My hope is gone. Clean house and give me devries.
Why on earth would Ulis leave and where would he go?

I do hope Bowen stays, he showed a lot tonight.

Patrick has been very good if not spectacular the last few games. Take off the anti-Fran glasses.

Check when uhlis plays. He starts but that’s about it. Do I think he’s a starter no but he’s not that bad.
He will drop out of the power 5 for minutes. The only way fran keeps Bowen is to promise more minutes or to be a starter. He doesn’t have the union card so I’m not sure fran would do it.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
so many wanna be coaches that do noting or provide any substance to this board, its always the same
fire Fran
push Pat to the bench
Ulis is not a P5 PG.

Constantly trashing injured player
and the usual this player did get rebounds like they demand he gets.
and this player didn't score enough
and lets not forget Fran plays his sons to much.

if you don't like it go follow another team

ISU is getting the type of recruits you are crying about Fran not getting.
but I suspect most of you are already are ISU fans and just like to stir the pot.

Well, Uhlis is gone, got 2 bigs in the portal and looks like Nimmers and Bowen will be running the pg position. Harding may get some minutes as well. He's quick and explosive. Streaky shooter also. We seem set at 2 with Perkins and Dix. 3 with Sandforts, a pmac. 4 with Ladje and Braun, 5 with Krikke, Freeman, and Mulvey. Not sure how good this team will be but i have some hope they will play better defense and rebound better. We might be good but young in pg position. Might see Perkins or Dix bringing the ball up as well. I'm definitely hoping for the best. Braun, Freeman, Ladje, and Harding play good defense. Sandforrts also. Perkins is ok at d and Dix had some moments as well.

6'9 Krikke 4* by On3 10th best player in the portal led the MVC in scoring
6'9 Brauns
6'9 Dembele 4* by Rivals
6'11 Freeman 4* by ESPN
6'7 Sanfort top 100 4* by all 3 major services
6'1 Latest update on Harding 4* by ESPN
That's 5 4*'s that are joining the team this summer.if that is not good enough for some of you then you have serious issues,

the 2012 class was rated #25 by ESPN and that group reached the NIT Championdship in a 25 win season and also had 3 total invites to the NCAAT going 2-3 overall.to bad Fran could not get any more top rated players added to that group. to have better success going forward.

the last couple years he has gotten Top 100 4* by all 3 services Cook
4* Garza by all 3 services Top 100 by ESPN
4* Wiesman top 100 by all 3 services
4* top 100 Patrick by all 3 services
4* top 100 Connor by ESPN and 4* by Rivals

4* top 100 Sanfort by all 3 services
4* Freeman by ESPN
4* Harding by ESPN
4* Dembele by Rivals

and 4* top 100 by all 3 services Koch in the 2024 class.
who will Fran get next in the 2024 class?

There is no doubt this is one of Fran's best freshmen classes. We should all be excited what these 4 freshmen will be bringing to the table the next few years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT