ADVERTISEMENT

Minni Grades….

I tried clicking on the link you posted regarding coach Brands postgame presser, it looked like it was behind a paywall. Do you know if it has been uploaded elsewhere? Tia!
I think on FB Iowa Hawkeye Wrestling page. Rofkin was listed but I think it plays.

Reactions: HawkFan1986
I tried clicking on the link you posted regarding coach Brands postgame presser, it looked like it was behind a paywall. Do you know if it has been uploaded elsewhere? Tia!
Go to Hawk Central directly. They only give you several free views and then want you to subscribe. See if that will get you to several free views.

Reactions: HawkFan1986
Ayala looked good and I definitely think he will eventually beat McKee this year if they do meet again (2 more potential matches, correct?). His pace and attacks were solid, he just gave up position a couple of times which cost him. McKee is tough and can score points from a lot of positions but the loss doesn't worry me too much. I still think Ayala gets on the podium in March (granted probably in the lower half but that would still be tremendous for a true freshman who did not think he'd be starting this year).

Cass was a massive disappointment. Two fakes and one half shot attempt that was immediately countered for a takedown. Anything but an F is far too lenient for that performance. There was real hype coming into the season that maybe the gap would close a little bit with the new build (I don't think anyone expected him to honestly win, but I imagine most people thought he could keep it to a decision). It looked Iike he had no confidence going into that match. He will need to wrestle much more aggressively if he wants to contend with parris.

The other guys were a little flat but did what they had to do. Props to young for gritting out a nice 2OT win vs Lee. Solid ride in 2ot to win it.

Shoutout to the fans for the standing ovation of steveson as well. Rare to see a team celebrate a competitor like that. Nobody can claim Iowa fans are not true wrestling fans, that's for damn sure.

They have a decent mid tier team. They are scrappy and dont back out to edge much even when there wrestlers are big underdogs. I think there ranked 13 and I could see them higher than that but no where near contending for Big10 or Nattys. Gable Stevenson was big pick up but got not enough other big name to get back to where they were. I dont know for sure, but I think they were in the running for Hall at one time and lost to PSU, that could have changed their trajectory
They didn't have to fall to "mid tier" status, the AD chose to do that. No one in their right mind can say that Eggum wasn't well aware of the drug scandal. The AD was simply too lazy to clean house and start a national search for a HC.

Eggum also was the one that scapegoated Larry Early Jr and a few others guys to get the gig. By jettisoning a couple wrestlers he could claim he was cleaning house. All to save a few $$$ on the search for a replacement for Robinson.

And still Iowa's bitch. :cool: :cool: :cool:

They didn't have to fall to "mid tier" status, the AD chose to do that. No one in their right mind can say that Eggum wasn't well aware of the drug scandal. The AD was simply too lazy to clean house and start a national search for a HC.

Eggum also was the one that scapegoated Larry Early Jr and a few others guys to get the gig. By jettisoning a couple wrestlers he could claim he was cleaning house. All to save a few $$$ on the search for a replacement for Robinson.

And still Iowa's bitch. :cool: :cool: :cool:

The reference to Larry Early made me wonder what ever happened to Papa Bear Slim? He knew his stuff.

Still amazing and difficult to understand how a once, great program like Minny could have fallen so far.

Especially with all the in State talent. The fanbase must having pretty low expectations. GS saved Eggum. Who saves him when he leaves???

Still amazing and difficult to understand how a once, great program like Minny could have fallen so far.

Especially with all the in State talent. The fanbase must having pretty low expectations. GS saved Eggum. Who saves him when he leaves???
They're just happy to not deal with drug scandals at this point.

Reactions: ping72 and MitchLL
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT