ADVERTISEMENT

MJ>Lebron

GOAT and the ONLY argument against it for me is Kobe...
giphy.gif

In my mind it will always be Jordan. Guy refused to lose.

Let’s be honest, in 30-40 years somebody else will be considered the GOAT. I don’t expect people that never saw Jordan play to pick him as the GOAT.

I don’t get the LeBron hate. What more does the guy need to do?
I get it, I’d take Jordan over LeBron. But some people act like James is some overrated scrub.
I don’t think anybody is saying he is not a very good player. But to be the GOAT, there is something extra than just being very good.

MJ and Kobe were stone cold assassins who refused to lose. That is what elevated them from being very good to being great. LeBron completely lacks that characteristic, which is why I’ll never put him in the same category, ever. No matter what the stats and otherwise say.

In my mind it will always be Jordan. Guy refused to lose.

Let’s be honest, in 30-40 years somebody else will be considered the GOAT. I don’t expect people that never saw Jordan play to pick him as the GOAT.
Insert Anthony Edwards, dudes still only 22 years old and continuing to get better.

I don’t think anybody is saying he is not a very good player. But to be the GOAT, there is something extra than just being very good.

MJ and Kobe were stone cold assassins who refused to lose. That is what elevated them from being very good to being great. LeBron completely lacks that characteristic, which is why I’ll never put him in the same category, ever. No matter what the stats and otherwise say.
For me, I think if Jordan had Lebron’s body he would drive to the hoop every single possession in crunch time and score or be fouled. Is this realistic? Probably not but my opinion is warped by watching Jordan and his drive to win no matter what.

I will say what Lebron is doing at his age is incredible. He might not be the GOAT in my mind but think he has had the best career of any player all time.

Insert Anthony Edwards, dudes still only 22 years old and continuing to get better.
Maybe, but he will need at least 3 rings to even sniff the conversation. Likely 5-6 rings to get upper hand in argument.

And we are talking about Minnesota pro sports. Likely the most snake bit town in the country when it comes to disappointment and futility.

Lol at all the Kobe stuff in this thread. What a joke, & that’s being nice while not bringing up his clutch stats.
I’m sure you all watched that 2006 first round vs the Suns right? “Kobe never quit. He was so strong willed!” Brief up on your history you clowns.

Jordan is the GOAT, no doubt. Kobe is likely just outside of the top 10. Lebron is No. 2 or even 1B to Jordan's 1A.

I do agree that Jordan and Kobe were stone cold assassins, but Lebron has never had to play that style of basketball. He's a freak athlete that Jordan and Kobe could never even come close to being. We have seen very VERY few people have the kind of athleticism that Lebron has. To be that big, that strong, and that fast...it's something we as sports viewers have never seen before. Megatron MIGHT have an argument to be in that class of athlete but it isn't a strong one.

Lebron is 39 years old and is still playing at the highest of high levels. He's going to be 2nd team all NBA this year...at 39. Jordan and Kobe were shells of their former selves at that age. Hell, Lebron is a shell of his former self...but he's still a top 7 player in the league.

I know we all have opinions, but I feel like you're writing off Lebron is the potential GOAT simply because he didn't play with the same grace as MJ.

Reactions: SansAgain
Maybe, but he will need at least 3 rings to even sniff the conversation. Likely 5-6 rings to get upper hand in argument.

And we are talking about Minnesota pro sports. Likely the most snake bit town in the country when it comes to disappointment and futility.
Oh don’t I know. It’s great being a twins, Vikings and wolves fan. That 1991 World Series when I was 7 was great.

Reactions: onlyTheObvious
Just to keep from rehashing the same thing again, I saw this article and immediately thought of HROT. Five legends who would dominate today, five who wouldn't.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...o-would-struggle-big-time/ar-AA1nrGTc#image=5

Discuss
Yeah, I quit reading after they said Magic would struggle in today's NBA. Whoever made this list has never watched NBA basketball before and just threw out random names they probably thought sounded cool.

2 different players and eras. It is incredible what Lebron has done in 20 years and still going at age 39, period.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT