ADVERTISEMENT

MN PBP thread

Spencer also wrestled at the National Duals. Kem certainly seemed good to go last night, but if they were 100% confident he would be ready to go, they probably wouldn’t have had Nelson drop to 174 and then pull Brennan’s redshirt.

There is/was some concern about Kem’s ability to wrestle safely and effectively. Hopefully, last night is a strong indication that Kem is ready to go for the rest of the year.
Not even close to being the same. Nelson is typically a 74 he wrestled up last year. With Nelson out you needed someone else to fill in before Kem came back. He likely doesn’t wrestle all meets from here on out, but would be crazy to think he wont be ready for big tens and ncaas

• Haha
Reactions: Gobblin
I let a lot of people down tonight. And I do that a lot. And I hate it.

a little notice would have really been nice tho. Ugh I’m mortified.
Shitter and Fakebook hangovers are a bitch. That's why the cesspool is my only social media. Here, saying regrettable things is expected, and my 1 friend (mom) doesn't know how to Follow me here anyway.

Not looking for or expecting sympathy on this one. I understand how the Hawkeye wrestling fan base can feel the way they do about him. There have been some ugly exchanges between Hawk fans and him on his page. I am not blind to that.

He does let me post a ton of pro-Hawkeye articles on his page though… and he usually clicks “like” on them… Not sure what to make of that, but perceive it as you will…
You got "likes" and "follows" from Pat's Facebook page? That page is essentially a bash and mock Iowa central hub. Mineo blocks anybody that defends the Hawkeyes on that site. He "likes" your posts because you are a brother of a current Hawkeye wrestler and can feed him information. He uses you while rubbing your back a bit.

You are posting your own personal finances on a public forum. Why? What else do you tell people? Does your brother ever ask you to stop talking about him and his situation in public? Personally I sure would if I were him. Somethings are better left unsaid.

Last edited:
Not even close to being the same. Nelson is typically a 74 he wrestled up last year. With Nelson out you needed someone else to fill in before Kem came back. He likely doesn’t wrestle all meets from here on out, but would be crazy to think he wont be ready for big tens and ncaas

I agree they are not the same. They likely knew Spencer wouldn’t be able to go unless his knees dramatically improved. They likely thought there was a decent chance Kem would be ready for BTs and NCAAs (but not super confident that they didn’t need a backup ready to go).

The Kem situation is not 100% though. If Kem were perfectly healthy, but on a pitch count, I doubt they want to pull Brennan’s shirt to wrestle a few matches (unless, of course, Brennan thought this was his only chance to start for the Hawks in his career and wanted the shirt pulled). I think Nelson Brands stays at 184 and competes for that spot if Kem were totally healthy. Iowa needs a backup at 174 ready to compete at BTs and NCAAs if, God forbid, Kem can’t go.

All an educated guess based on public information available. I certainly have no inside info.

I also think it’s that simple.
I'd agree. I'd also be willing to bet the swafford family agrees to. Their issue is why wasn't it communicated for last night? Why Brands gets away with the communication error is weird in my book. To win a dual? Come on. If it was going to go down this way just let the wrestlers know at max (meaning who cares what the fans know). But honestly what's the advantage in keeping it a secret? I have no clue why Brands/Iowa didn't promote the return of Kem and Ayala taking the shirt off. Is it because they've already sold all the tickets? I remember them promoting Lee taking his redshirt off. It was a really big deal too.

I think we can all agree that Drake knew he was going by all the sebolt clan there last night. This is with Brands even lying about Ybarra going. Again, he can lie to the media and fans.
It's not like you could order single meet tickets (i tried) as they were all sold out. No, I personally didn't know, but I took the hint when I saw other sebolt familes saying they were going. And then Fellers tweet. And then seeing TJ posting being in Iowa City earlier in the day.

Had this match started at 125, Swafford maybe goes. But it didn't. Kem (in his first match of the year) handled the guy that beat Swafford last weekend. If a guy like Kemerer wants the match, you give him the match. He's earned that right.
Yep. Starting at 165 changes everything. One had to see if Ayala, Murin, and Young won. Those were crucial to winning the dual. This is especially true since Swafford already lost to the Minny guy.

Last edited:
Not looking for or expecting sympathy on this one. I understand how the Hawkeye wrestling fan base can feel the way they do about him. There have been some ugly exchanges between Hawk fans and him on his page. I am not blind to that.

He does let me post a ton of pro-Hawkeye articles on his page though… and he usually clicks “like” on them… Not sure what to make of that, but perceive it as you will…
I perceive it as you value some jackasses “likes” on Facebook(a completely corrupt designed to feed narcissists egos)while in reality your just being used by said jackass.

I am not going to sit here and lie to people by saying Mineo and I are on bad terms. In fact, he has been incredibly cool to me… You know how many page views I’ve received simply from posting my Pin Doctors articles on his Facebook group? Like, between 8-10 million. Just from there. And probably over a thousand Facebook followers from it . . . But from the perspective of someone who has a large and growing wrestling media outlet like I do, . . .
Forgive my extreme ignorance on the topic, but do these page views, and Facebook followers, generate significant income for you through wrestling media outlet?

Reactions: PinDoxRico
Forgive my extreme ignorance on the topic, but do these page views, and Facebook followers, generate significant income for you through wrestling media outlet?
No…. I’m a man on a mission to work his way out of factory life. Just trying to open some doors to potentially make that happen. That and I love to write and love wrestling.

I have close to 16k followers on Facebook and a pretty high post reach… There is value with that… haven’t figured out a way to profit from it though.

I'd agree. I'd also be willing to bet the swafford family agrees to. Their issue is why wasn't it communicated for last night? Why Brands gets away with the communication error is weird in my book. To win a dual? Come on. If it was going to go down this way just let the wrestlers know at max (meaning who cares what the fans know). But honestly what's the advantage in keeping it a secret? I have no clue why Brands/Iowa didn't promote the return of Kem and Ayala taking the shirt off. Is it because they've already sold all the tickets? I remember them promoting Lee taking his redshirt off. It was a really big deal too.

I think we can all agree that Drake knew he was going by all the sebolt clan there last night. This is with Brands even lying about Ybarra going. Again, he can lie to the media and fans.
It's not like you could order single meet tickets (i tried) as they were all sold out. No, I personally didn't know, but I took the hint when I saw other sebolt familes saying they were going. And then Fellers tweet. And then seeing TJ posting being in Iowa City earlier in the day.
If you would've seen Alex Marinelli's face when he saw kem getting ready as he walked back to the tunnel after his match, then you'd realize just how last minute of a decision it truly was.

This situation reminds me a lot of when Sam Stoll told Tom "I'm going" against Iowa State even though he had no business being out there.

I do feel bad for Swafford, I think Minnesota making us draw and going 165 cost him his spot in the limelight. Crunching the numbers, it was gonna be tight, and Swafford going was likely at least a 6 point swing.

Would not be surprised at all to see him go Sunday, and would love to see it. He seems like a great kid.

I don’t. His content yesterday was screenshots from comments I posted publicly… but that’s prolly what you are referring to. And then of course, I continued digging the hole deeper and deeper in my anger-induced public responses… but a lot of this stuff that you guys are perceiving as being “leaked” by him are things that he is connecting the dots and pointing out the writing on the wall with.

he was the first media outlet to point out my brother’s shirt being pulled. And he did so a couple days after it was obvious to everyone via Scuffle press releases that it happened… Mineo was the first one to notice the writing on the wall there… I spent quite a few hours wondering when someone was going to notice it. He was the first.

I am not going to sit here and lie to people by saying Mineo and I are on bad terms. In fact, he has been incredibly cool to me… You know how many page views I’ve received simply from posting my Pin Doctors articles on his Facebook group? Like, between 8-10 million. Just from there. And probably over a thousand Facebook followers from it. Yeah, he’s very tough on the Hawkeyes and yes sometimes it gets to the point where you question whether or not the posts he makes about Hawkeye wrestling is satire or not…. But from the perspective of someone who has a large and growing wrestling media outlet like I do, the man has been incredibly gracious to me personally. I write and publish pro-Hawkeye-related content all the time and post it in his Facebook group and he never takes it down… he lets me post it. If The Pin Doctors is ever a success, he will be one of the many people I will have to thank for it.

That’s the connection there. I am obviously not in the “know” of what’s going on at Iowa as it is. Look at yesterday. I try not to bother Brennan with it, for I don’t want to stress him out more than he already is. When we talk wrestling, it’s usually about what he has to do to improve technique and training wise.
If you're getting upwards of 10,000,000 page views why are you not generating decent $$$ from advertisers? Even if you spread those page views over the two years you've been up, which I doubt is the case they're probably concentrated over a shorter period of time after you got up and established, you'd be averaging >100,000 page views per week. That should easily generate thousands of dollars per month from advertisers.

• Wow
Reactions: hlstone
Kem is not healthy or anywhere near. The wrap on is just the reminder. He bailed numerous times on top instead of using that arm. I’d guess we don’t see him much going forward.

Kem is not healthy or anywhere near. The wrap on is just the reminder. He bailed numerous times on top instead of using that arm. I’d guess we don’t see him much going forward.
Do we know how Kem injured his shoulder originally?

If you're getting upwards of 10,000,000 page views why are you not generating decent $$$ from advertisers? Even if you spread those page views over the two years you've been up, which I doubt is the case they're probably concentrated over a shorter period of time after you got up and established, you'd be averaging >100,000 page views per week. That should easily generate thousands of dollars per month from advertisers.
I need to learn a bit more about copyright law before I go that route.

I get it. You're proud of your bro and wanted to see him have his Carver moment. But you are being a tad dramatic as this is a matter of professionalism. This isn't the first time it's happened and won't be the last. Tom had to put his best team out there based on the info he had. I am guessing Brennan will wrestle some matches this year and get his chance to contribute. But you have to get some chill in you bro.
A tad dramatic!? Lol 😂

I held back on saying anything last night, but I'm glad Kem went, and I'm sorry that possibility wasn't communicated to the Swafford family in advance. I hope this board lays off DoxRico. If there's fault on either side, it was in the heat of battle. S*** happens, move forward.

If you would've seen Alex Marinelli's face when he saw kem getting ready as he walked back to the tunnel after his match, then you'd realize just how last minute of a decision it truly was.

This situation reminds me a lot of when Sam Stoll told Tom "I'm going" against Iowa State even though he had no business being out there.

I do feel bad for Swafford, I think Minnesota making us draw and going 165 cost him his spot in the limelight. Crunching the numbers, it was gonna be tight, and Swafford going was likely at least a 6 point swing.

Would not be surprised at all to see him go Sunday, and would love to see it. He seems like a great kid.
Maybe, but Adam Fellers was posting about a grandpa wrestling hours before the dual meet. In the end, it's a n bummer for Brennan Swafford and his family, but also a classic case of Mineo being wrong again aand just pivoting to try to make his sycophants keep holding on, like any cult. Think of the "world is going to end on this date" types or QAnon.

His angle now is basically "not only was I right but I was SO right I made myself wrong." Mineo is truly an incredible tool.

That seems reasonable relative to why Swafford didn't go. I agree that he seems like a good kid, as does his bro. That said I don't want Iowa's Team that sees the mat to be going out there because you're a "good guy". Iowa has a lot of great kids over the years who never sniffed Carver Hawkeye live Wrestling.

They have sent out plenty of "good guys" who just happen to be kick-ass DI Wrestler's too, with the goal of being good enough to contribute to a Team National Title. That's why the singlet says Iowa.

Now if the Swafford Family was told he would go and he didn't, that's their and Tom Brands problem. (good communication is always good)

I can tell you 100% without question I saw the guy I wanted to see at 174 lbs. And is there a better human being on the planet than Michael Kemerer appears to be? Good luck finding one.

Go Hawks!

Last edited:
Hope this doesn't come across as being too crass, but it appears being a little fish in a big pond is quite the change for the Swafford family who was always the big fish in a small town Mediapolis pond.

Hope this doesn't come across as being too crass, but it appears being a little fish in a big pond is quite the change for the Swafford family who was always the big fish in a small town Mediapolis pond.
Come on man. The reason it was a big deal was because people understood how big the stage is. I am not bashing on the staff, but I dont know why there isnt a bit more communication when it comes to stuff like this. You telling me that the coaches had zero clue 3 to 4 hours before the match?

I'm sure Brennan and his family are perfectly capable of communicating any issues they may or may not have directly to coach Brands and that would be the best way to handle that type of thing. He is far from perfect as we all are and I'm guessing he is capable of improving still should there be need for it.

I'm sure Brennan and his family are perfectly capable of communicating any issues they may or may not have directly to coach Brands and that would be the best way to handle that type of thing. He is far from perfect as we all are and I'm guessing he is capable of improving still should there be need for it.
Thats an awkward conversation for anyone, let alone a room kid looking for a shot on the mat and you know it.

Thats an awkward conversation for anyone, let alone a room kid looking for a shot on the mat and you know it.
Life isn't just daisies and puppies but a respectful conversation is a lot better than the aftermath of a social media shit show. Not much is going to get accomplished in this world if people are afraid of an awkward conversation.

Reactions: Gobblin
Life isn't just daisies and puppies but a respectful conversation is a lot better than the aftermath of a social media shit show.
Hahaha, please.

The dude apologized. Get over it. You dont need to sympathize, but you can at least empathize.

Save your emotional talk for your therapist. You don't know shit about my empathy. People are capable of being empathetic without having it be the basis for living their life.
Hahaha. I hit a nerve with this one.

Just admit, youre an ass who is jumping at the opportunity to take a moral highground. It wasnt a big deal.

you don’t get points unless you finish the takedowns. iowa wrestling is above moral victories. mckee is 3-0. he’s out wrestled drake in the key moments of each match. he’s better. it’s not a great match up for drake.
Very tru, drake needs to figure out how to beat him before March. No. Moral. Victories.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT