ADVERTISEMENT

Molly D & other updates heading into Friday's game

She's just as incredible off the court.

full text of the tweet:

Whenever and however this ends, how does Caitlin Clark hope people will remember about this Iowa team?

"People may remember we were in the Final Four twice, but people aren't going to remember my buzzer-beating shots versus whoever. That's not going to matter to people in the end.

"I hope they remember how we made them feel, how we brought joy to their lives, how we gave their families something to scream about on the TV on the weekends. I hope those are the biggest things people remember.

"I hope all the young boys and girls remember the joy that we played with and how we took 10 seconds of our time to sign their autograph and that inspired them to be whatever they want to be.

"I think I'm speaking for our entire team, and that's what we're the most proud of, the way we've carried ourselves through this entire process. I think that's additionally allowed us to have so much success on the court, just the team and the family we've built over the past four years.

"And that speaks to the way Coach Bluder has built this program. There's been a lot of good Iowa women's basketball players to come before us and give us a foundation to maybe take another step forward and take the program to a place it hasn't been since the '90s. For me, that's the coolest thing. I've had so many amazing life opportunities and created so many memories with some of my best friends. And those are the things that will last forever."

full text of tweet:

One thing I love about this Iowa team is how they lean fully into visualization and belief. That comes from the way Lisa Bluder operates.

Facing a team full of 5-star players won't intimidate the Hawkeyes.

Kylie Feuerbach: “Coach Bluder harps on how (this) is the mental and emotional part of the season. It’s not so much the physical. We’re at the point where we know we can do it, but we have to be mentally strong.”

GKVccQKXMAAc4Fh

GKVccP6WkAA-URz

GKVccP3XoAAbzSM

Reactions: Bishop-71
Basketball games in giant domes sucks. I hate the mens Final Four in football stadiums. I don't want to see it spread to the womens game.
100%. I think it messes with the sightlines and feel on the court.

I think we all feel terrible for Molly, and hope she'll get on the court near the end of a game. But at this point she's still not healed enough to play full speed. Why risk further injury? And in addition, there's a new kind of team chemistry now with Syd Affolter starting, and it would be insane to change that now.

I think we all feel terrible for Molly, and hope she'll get on the court near the end of a game. But at this point she's still not healed enough to play full speed. Why risk further injury? And in addition, there's a new kind of team chemistry now with Syd Affolter starting, and it would be insane to change that now.
No one is suggesting that we change the lineup, BUT if CC gets in foul trouble we could be screwed without a reliable proven PG, and we don't have another one on the team at this point. I never thought Molly would be able to play, but it would sure be nice to have her available..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT