ADVERTISEMENT

Murin is underrated

sdvike

HR MVP
Feb 23, 2016
Saw #13 Lantry get worked over pretty good by unranked MSU Hriopulus (Fairly certain that is wrong spelling). No way Murin should be 4 spots below him. It looks to me like Max wins easy for sure and likely rolls him up with a cradle.

Saw #13 Lantry get worked over pretty good by unranked MSU Hriopulus (Fairly certain that is wrong spelling). No way Murin should be 4 spots below him. It looks to me like Max wins easy for sure and likely rolls him up with a cradle.
Definitely think he will AA this year. Can't beat the stud from Mizzou or Ohio State,but still dam tough.

Reactions: Exo
According to track he didn’t wrestle Lantry

Alex Hrisopoulos (Michigan State) over John Arceri (Buffalo) (Dec 7-3)

I’ve been really impressed with Murin. He wrestles a different style than he did when he was in high school. He used to wrestle fairly conservative with very sound fundamentals. He wrestles with a lot more swagger and appears to have put on some good size. He has a much higher attack rate than I recall seeing from him in the past and seems to be a bit (dare I say) “bullish”?

That wasn't Lantry....

With that said, I do believe Murin will prove to be top 8ish once he gets to the B1G meat of his schedule. Still, he is ranked where he should be now based on limited results. Sort of like RBY from PSU, you have to wrestle and beat ranked guys to move up. The eye test may tell you they belong higher, but the actual results are what you rank them by. Hopefully the results match, or even exceed, our eye tests!

I just hope when Turk is eligible that there is a clear leader at this weight. My eyes tell me there already is.

Last edited:
Reactions: HKI
They also said Warner for the first full 2 periods of the Purdue match
Yes and even after they were corrected. Wonder why wrestlers don't check in at the table before wrestling. Most don't have a name or number on their uniform. Or maybe it isn't passed on to announcers.

Yes and even after they were corrected. Wonder why wrestlers don't check in at the table before wrestling. Most don't have a name or number on their uniform. Or maybe it isn't passed on to announcers.

When I coached youth wrestling we had over 100 kids. Saturday mornings meets were a zoo with three mats and a couple hundred matches.

Of all the things I did, the one the moms liked best was made singlets with numbers on them so everyone knew who was wrestling. Never understood why nobody else does.

When I coached youth wrestling we had over 100 kids. Saturday mornings meets were a zoo with three mats and a couple hundred matches.

Of all the things I did, the one the moms liked best was made singlets with numbers on them so everyone knew who was wrestling. Never understood why nobody else does.

Great idea

Reactions: artradley
I think lantry has a solid win early as well though - maybe against Wisconsin.

: I like where Murin is ranked for now..Let him work his way up. Keeps him hungry and love the way he has come on..He has gotten stronger and meaner...Don't know if it is the new strength coach or not but love what I been seeing

Neutral opinion on Murin:

He is at worst an r12 guy this year. He wrestles hard, looks strong, is rarely in crap position.

Negative: he looks like he skipped every leg day of the workout regiment.

He is the best guy Iowa has thrown out at 141 since ashnault’s freshman year (I use that as a frame of reference because that’s RUs best guy and I would always look to see who has a guy who can beat him).

I think Murins floor is 3x AA.

Lantry didn't wrestle he actually didn't even
weigh in so not sure why he was even being mentioned.Another funny comment from Olanowski he was talking about Tucker 157 and how the NCAA takes the top 32 guys and Tucker didn't make it and in his eyes was the 33rd guy.Olanowski doesn't know 33 guys make the tournament I mean come on and you announce this sport that's bad

Lantry didn't wrestle he actually didn't even
weigh in so not sure why he was even being mentioned.Another funny comment from Olanowski he was talking about Tucker 157 and how the NCAA takes the top 32 guys and Tucker didn't make it and in his eyes was the 33rd guy.Olanowski doesn't know 33 guys make the tournament I mean come on and you announce this sport that's bad

There had to be some misunderstood context as he was an NCAA qualifier himself not too long ago. Although the selection process has changed, it was 33 back then and I don't see Him missing that.

There had to be some misunderstood context as he was an NCAA qualifier himself not too long ago. Although the selection process has changed, it was 33 back then and I don't see Him missing that.
I know that's why I was shocked but he totally missed it.

Just win matches and let the cesspool bitch and moan. The rankings usually take care of themselves. If they don’t then just beat the top guy at the end of the season and all is good anyways.....

Reactions: ih8iast8
Agreed, Murin is looking very tough. Would not be surprised one bit to see him AA this season, though I do think he would be on the lower half of the podium

Agreed, Murin is looking very tough. Would not be surprised one bit to see him AA this season, though I do think he would be on the lower half of the podium

Yeah he’ll likely struggle with Joey McKenna, Yianni and Eirman but I think he can compete with rest of the field.

Reactions: Scryed
Max was tough as nails in HS...his only problem here was the lack of competition during the dual meet season. Our areas numbers are down overall and that allows for a LOT of coaches to avoid wrestling the better kids if they can....damn shame in my opinion.... but nevertheless it happens and Max did his best when he got the chance. He very easily could have been a 4 timer as he did win multiple state titles at different weights over different years...it was the upsets that cost him but he bounced back and finished high on the podium those years as well. To me he looks RIPPED and bigger so whatever you guys are feeding him is WORKING WELL !!!! he has a ton of our local support and we are hoping you all see the same MAD MAX we all appreciated around here !! and Great kid from a great background who will always give his best !!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT