ADVERTISEMENT

Murray twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
They rated them 295 and 296 nationally respectively. That seems a bit.....lazy.

giphy.gif

And to think when Tom first mentioned that the Murray twins were visiting on one of the FB Saturdays last fall and might commit, I was like “What in God’s name is up with that?” Or something to that nature.

I couldn’t be happier now! :cool:

Thanks for the video Dad.

These kids both have a nice stroke. It stands out in their game video. Think of all the open looks the Baer and even Cordell have had in recent years. I think both Ks are better shooters than the Baer, and the Baer was a pretty good shooter. Of course, far better shooters than Cordell, who may not have ever taken a 3 and should have never, and rarely did, shoot facing the basket or generally more than 5 feet out.

Good strokes usually mean a good shooter. Good shooters get PT at Iowa.

These kids are the most interesting recruiting story in years. Legacies of an outstanding and well liked player; the somewhat circuitous route to Big Ten ball; and, to top off the interest-twins.

Some kids are simply born Hawkeyes.
And don't forget they committed right in the middle of that ridiculous Xavier Foster circus. Many in the hawkeye fan base, and im ashamed to admit myself included, were originally perplexed at Fran's decision to offer these two.

Gotta say, these guys look more like B10 ball players by the day. I will be more than happy to eat crow on this one.

TD's system had its shortcomings but man it was fun to watch when the Hawks got rolling! They could rev it to a level that few in the country could match.

Really, Kenyon was a beautiful all-around player. The system helped his steal stats but nonetheless, his instincts were off the charts.

To me, Kenyon and the twins will forever get a pass for his victorious performance vs Michigan's Fab Five in the first home game after Street's death. As a freshman, dude stepped up for 17pts, iirc, and a couple huge steals out of the press, including one that sent him flying into the scorer's table and bleeding. Iconic Hawk performance imo, and one that was sorely needed by the state of Iowa at the time. Thanks Kenyon, and I look forward to many great moments from the twins

What's funny about this video to me is that I was a student here and had tickets to all home games, yet my memories of Kenyan were of his great defense. Best defender I ever saw at Iowa. Never thought of him as much of an offensive threat. Sorry Kenyan!
:)

That was kinda my thoughts as well. That had to be every one of his 3 pointers made ;) (I always remembered his corner 3's off the side of the backboard, sorry Kenyon)

Reactions: amahawk and BBHawk
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT