ADVERTISEMENT

Murray twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are preferred walk on players surely.
If Fran offers those kids a scholarship he should be fired on the spot. I have always been a Fran supporter, but having 4 open scholarships and filling them with zero players with other P5 offers is pathetic and is completely unacceptable.
I am in the Prairie district. I am in general a Fran supporter but if these guys are being signed to scholarship, that is a huge let down and very questionable based on the handful of games I saw. They better have improved a lot very quickly to be getting scholarships.

They are good shooters and they do have some length and skills but they play soft, they aren’t extremely athletic, and did not value the ball. I could see PWO but at this point they are not worthy of B10 scholarship.
Anyone have access to the 2019 basketball recruiting budget? That money should have been donated to U of I Childrens Hospital for crying out loud! Fran needs to answer to this!

It may be true, but if it is Fran should just quit at this point. There's absolutely no reason to offer and accept their commitment during the early signing period unless you are just giving up on recruiting. They may be nice players but come on.

You were saying?

Last edited:
If giving Kris a scholarship is what it took to get Keegan to Iowa City it was a solid investment. Plus, Kris may still be a productive player in the future.

I strongly believe that Kris WILL be a productive player....by all accounts he’s very similar to his brother in size, athleticism, and skill....just more of a slasher and slightly less of an outside shooter than his brother. According to Kenyon, Kris has traditionally been more of a rebounder than his brother. Kris just happens to be at the wing and therefore behind Joe W, Patrick, and sometimes Connor.

You were saying?

How old is that quote? I've been beating the Murray boys' drum for months. I watched their video and predicted one, probably Keegan, would be in the top 8 rotation as far back as summer. I will happily admit my knee jerk judgment missed the mark by a mile. It was a perfect reminder, at least to me, to avoid judgment on recruits until we've seen them play.

A wise man will change his mind as new information is learned. Well, watching their video and, in some cases what I think were complete games at the basketball academy, was new information and I changed my opinion upon receiving it-months ago. I have become a major fan of Ke Murray. I think people will feel much the same when Kr Murray gets some steady minutes.

Gloating over being right, and God knows I am a gloater, is rather pointless when the other guy admitted error months before.

Why is Kris not playing?

Its a positional overload. Ke Murray is either the first or second reserve at the "4" spot. I expect we'll continue to see less of Jack at that spot as Keegan continues to improve.

Kris, according to Kenyon, who best would know, is an outside/in player. Kris plays behind Joe Dub and P McC at the "3". Just positional overload.

Its a positional overload. Ke Murray is either the first or second reserve at the "4" spot. I expect we'll continue to see less of Jack at that spot as Keegan continues to improve.

Kris, according to Kenyon, who best would know, is an outside/in player. Kris plays behind Joe Dub and P McC at the "3". Just positional overload.
If Kris is worse than Patrick...YIKES.

If Fran offers those kids a scholarship he should be fired on the spot. I have always been a Fran supporter, but having 4 open scholarships and filling them with zero players with other P5 offers is pathetic and is completely unacceptable.

poetry

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Yes. They played @ CR Prairie. A friend of mine is an Iowa HS ref and he saw them play several times. He said they are nice kids, but no way have B1G level skills or bodies. He thought UNI and the MVC might be a better fit for them.

They both have nice length and are decent shooters/ball handlers for their size but they aren't strong and physically assertive type of players at all and they would struggle in that role at the P5 level. I believe they both enrolled at IMG Academy in Florida to get an extra year of development and to try to drum up some D-1 offers. Last year I think they were looking at D-2 or JC ball if they wanted to play this year (I'm pretty sure at least one of the boys was offered by Truman State/Jeff Horner last year). I'm doubtful that Fran has suddenly decided that the Murray twins are at a B10 scholarship level considering that their prep basketball season isn't under way yet. I think their ceiling, unless their game and physicality blows up substantially, is mid-major to low level D-1 type programs.
They do have some tools and there is some potential - shooting, length, etc - but that is true there demeanor is very stoic and physically/athletically they had a long ways to go to be a Big Ten type of athlete. They aren’t like Baer at all in that Baer has such a great motor and instincts. At best, o can’t e vision these guys being anymore then role players as spot-up shooters.
Really happy for these kids, but if Fran doesnt land Foster this could be his worst recruiting class yet. It'll make 2015 look like Duke's 2019 class
Are the Murrays friends of Xavier's? If so, good recruits. If not, they really sound like walk on players. Zero recruiting profile. Obviously hoping for the best but unspectacular to say the least.

They were 38 and 34 percent from 3 at Prairie...thats decent but not great

P McC has been a little spastic on offense but has excelled in every other respect in the minutes he plays. Covers a huge space of the defensive end.

They just got measured at their prep school. Keegan 6'7.5 (w/o shoes) and Kris (6'7). Keegan 6'11 wingspan and Kris 6'10. So the prep school that also does NBA Pre-Draft workouts through NBA world championship coach, Dan Panaggio is lying to them and me??

Who gives a shit? I was commenting after looking at the photos of them standing together.

As you can see above, Kenyon began to comment in this thread & Mitch gave him zero respect.

Quite embarrassing.

Reactions: Stephen Hawk King
Why do so many of you sound so angry/resentful?

James 4:1-2 “What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you? You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God.” Be well and God Bless!

And, as you can see above, Kenyon had the perfect response to all the trolls & Fran haters.

Everyone could read it the first time. Cannot speak for others but given my fairly quick turnaround on the topic and admission of error you have no bone to pick with me. Since I'm rarely wrong accept the win. Mindlessly repeating a repudiated statement is not making a point if the point is already conceded, and enthusiastically repudiated at that. That's one of those things you learn in Emily Post's "Etiquette".

I usually agree with you. No reason to be a dick this time.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Stephen Hawk King
Everyone could read it the first time. Cannot speak for others but given my fairly quick turnaround on the topic and admission of error you have no bone to pick with me. Since I'm rarely wrong accept the win. Mindlessly repeating a repudiated statement is not making a point if the point is already conceded, and enthusiastically repudiated at that. That's one of those things you learn in Emily Post's "Etiquette".

I usually agree with you. No reason to be a dick this time.
not trying to pick on you. just pointing out how the Murray twins were judged based on little to no knowledge of the current situation.

i always think its best to grade a recruit's success (or lack thereof) once they have left Iowa (due to graduation, transfer, etc).

Fran can count and Foster will sign with Iowa.

worried-sweat.gif

The one thing that this thread confirms to me is that my judgement in regards to placing posters on ignore has been excellent. Thanks for bumping.

Reactions: CarmelHawki
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT