ADVERTISEMENT

NBA playoffs

Was thinking about something- when a series wraps up early does the network take the hit? I assume the NBA doesn’t discount or modify rights fees based on the actual number of playoff games. Anyone know?

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
Some rumors that Lebron played with partially torn plantar fasciitis.

If that’s true what he did is amazing.

I think he needs to drop weight for next year to lesson the load on his body. Also need to eject Russell and try and get Kyrie to take a discount and bring his “A” game for a season.

LeBron sounded like he will seriously consider retirement this off season.
Probably end of season depression talking. He still has game obviously.

The cynical types might argue LeBron found a way to take the heat off a sweep and put all the attention and adoration on LeBron.

But that would be cynical.

The cynical types might argue LeBron found a way to take the heat off a sweep and put all the attention and adoration on LeBron.

I think that is cynical. There was talk during the playoffs that he'd need surgery in the off season. Yet he still played like one of the best ever to play the game. Rest of his team didn't, but they were a bubble team that looked like shit most of the year.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I think that is cynical. There was talk during the playoffs that he'd need surgery in the off season. Yet he still played like one of the best ever to play the game. Rest of his team didn't, but they were a bubble team that looked like shit most of the year.
I know, just a thought.
He doesn’t have anything to apologize for IMO. I thought he did everything he could do. They just didn’t have the depth.

LeBron is incredible. It's shocking what he is able to do at his age with the amount of miles on his body.

But if you think LeBron is retiring without a "Farewell Tour," you haven't been watching. There is a reason he sits court-side and is demonstrative at his sons' games -- he loves attention.

My guess is that he is posturing to get the Lakers to push all their chips into the middle for one more season (which probably still won't get them to a Championship-level roster).

LeBron is no doubt a top 3 player of all-time...but the Lakers are going to have to ask themselves if it is worth it to tank 2025-2029 (new CBA is going to make it harder on big spending teams), which is already looking bleak, for one more run.

Some would say taking the attention away from the sweep would make him a good teammate. How many stories have you heard today about how poorly AD played most of the series?

Maybe the most idiotic sports column I’ve ever read.

Denver’s toughest playoff challenge to date has been Phoenix.

If the Nuggets win it all in their first-ever trip to the finals, the Suns should really be heated.

They had Denver at 2-2 with all the momentum and lost it — and the series — with a bad third quarter in Game 5 and a horrible Game 6 at home.

Had Phoenix eliminated the Nuggets, a Suns-Lakers series would've been classic and probably still ongoing.

With homecourt advantage and the return of Paul and Ayton from injuries, the Suns, not the Nuggets, defeat the Lakers to advance to the finals.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/phoenix-suns-heated-seeing-denver-191545873.html

LeBron is incredible. It's shocking what he is able to do at his age with the amount of miles on his body.

But if you think LeBron is retiring without a "Farewell Tour," you haven't been watching. There is a reason he sits court-side and is demonstrative at his sons' games -- he loves attention.

My guess is that he is posturing to get the Lakers to push all their chips into the middle for one more season (which probably still won't get them to a Championship-level roster).

LeBron is no doubt a top 3 player of all-time...but the Lakers are going to have to ask themselves if it is worth it to tank 2025-2029 (new CBA is going to make it harder on big spending teams), which is already looking bleak, for one more run.
Kyrie will be a laker next year

Not really.
1st play he had like 2 seconds to get a shot off.
2nd play Murray made a great defensive play coming over to double LeBron.
The man had 40 points.
The Lakers' decision-making and coaching in the last minute was lacking, I thought they managed the clock very poorly.

A smidge bittersweet not being able to see the Nuggets clinch at home in Game 5, but Finals are going to be fun. I'm attending Games 2 and 5, should be electric.

There's talk of Paul & Ayton being traded to the Mavs. I like that thought, but doubt Dallas has the goods to make that trade.

I don't know if they would have to give up a lot other than Kyrie for those two. Paul has a huge contract and can't make it through a season healthy at his point in his career. And I don't think there would be a lot of teams thrilled about paying Ayton $40 million.

Rumors have Bulls going after ayton and letting Vuc go.
Trade Demarr for Ayton.

Celts fighting back tonite.
Miami finally started missing some of those shots they missed all year.
Let's take this back to Boston.

The fact that no NBA team has ever come back from a 3-0 deficit makes it unlikely(altho the Red Sox did it vs yanks) but if Celts take some momentum from game 4 and win in Boston game 6 back in Miami becomes a pressure cooker for heat.
Seeds do not matter at this point but you do wonder if both teams revert to their season level at some point.

That’s neat. As a 36 year old lifelong Lakers fan, I still miss Kobe. Lebron has been good, he got us a ring the year Lakers fans needed it more than ever (RIP Kobe). But any real Lakers fan has also grown tired of certain aspects of Lebron. @Derekd3408 help me out here. Am I wrong with that assessment? The post Achilles injury Lakers that Kobe played on were ABSOLUTE TRASH. He had no player like AD on his roster. Nobody close. So you can’t even compare the post injury Kobe teams to the Lebron teams. Plus the Lakers also missed the playoffs with Lebron too.

Also edit: I’m done debating this. I absolutely hate these sort of debates. They’re nothing more than folks just yelling out their opinions despite never changing anyone else’s
Cool. If LeBron doesn't come to LA they are likely looking at a decade of no playoffs so if I was a Lakers fan I'd be showing him some respect for bringing that franchise back to relevance. We all know Kobe owes much of his legacy to Shaq, I'd like to see LeBron go somewhere he is appreciated. Dbag Lakers fans don't deserve him. No need to debate further

Reactions: onlyTheObvious
Trade Lebron to Golden State for Poole, Wiggins,

Poole and Wiggins are on the books for $53 million combined next season. Seems to me both teams would benefit.

Cool. If LeBron doesn't come to LA they are likely looking at a decade of no playoffs so if I was a Lakers fan I'd be showing him some respect for bringing that franchise back to relevance. We all know Kobe owes much of his legacy to Shaq, I'd like to see LeBron go somewhere he is appreciated. Dbag Lakers fans don't deserve him. No need to debate further
Csb tell me more please

m79sb.jpg

Reactions: McLovin32
The fact that no NBA team has ever come back from a 3-0 deficit makes it unlikely(altho the Red Sox did it vs yanks) but if Celts take some momentum from game 4 and win in Boston game 6 back in Miami becomes a pressure cooker for heat.
Seeds do not matter at this point but you do wonder if both teams revert to their season level at some point.

If we are ever going to see an NBA team overcome a 3-0 deficit, it will be this one.

There is simply no precedent (I think) for an NBA team going down 3-0 despite having a lot more talent than their opponent, which is the case here.

Reactions: drew_hawk
Celts come out on fire and dominate the Heat in game 5.
Back to Miami Sat for a huge game 6.
Get it to game 7 in Boston and I like their chances.
Butler probably not gonna let it happen
Game 6 is gonna be wild with 2 desperate teams.
NBA playoffs at its best!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT