ADVERTISEMENT

NBA playoffs

I did not care who won, I just wanted a good game.
That said, I really do dislike every team from Miami. Would be happy for every team associated to Miami to lose every game, freaking scum canes.

I can't agree with that as a lifelong (and long suffering) fan of the Dolphins...

Reactions: NoleinATL
Incredible series and performance by Miami, with a much less talented roster. Spoelstra is phenomenal.

Jaylen Brown cannot dribble, and Tatum has lousy shot selection.

Miami's reward for their valiant effort....a trip the altitude where Jokic awaits!

Why did drafting Marino make you hate them?

Irrational childhood fandom, which I still hold onto sometimes.
FSU played Pitt the last 3 years while Marino was QB.
1980 incredible win for the good guys, which was a week after beating #3 Huskers, FSU beat #3 Pittsburgh
1981 Loss
1982 Loss at home, which was tied at the half, then it rained harder than any other sporting event I attended and they pulled away in the rain

During those years, all you heard about was Marino this and Marino that, and how great those Pitt teams were, even the year the good guys won, so naturally, I developed a healthy dislike for Marino.
Then he gets drafted and is going to Miami, which I already hated because of the hurricanes, so perfect storm of hatred/dislike, and I hoped they lost every game

• Love
Reactions: lucas80 and DFSNOLE
Irrational childhood fandom, which I still hold onto sometimes.
FSU played Pitt the last 3 years while Marino was QB.
1980 incredible win for the good guys, which was a week after beating #3 Huskers, FSU beat #3 Pittsburgh
1981 Loss
1982 Loss at home, which was tied at the half, then it rained harder than any other sporting event I attended and they pulled away in the rain

During those years, all you heard about was Marino this and Marino that, and how great those Pitt teams were, even the year the good guys won, so naturally, I developed a healthy dislike for Marino.
Then he gets drafted and is going to Miami, which I already hated because of the hurricanes, so perfect storm of hatred/dislike, and I hoped they lost every game
I support this kind of irrational, gut level fan hatred.

This has probably been mentioned, but has ESPN aired a show with Stephen A. Smith sitting on his couch talking about a game in progress for the entire post season? Why is he wearing blue armbands? I assume this is some kind of a knock off of the Manning brothers thingy.
Is anybody watching this versus full screen coverage of the game?

I had to wonder when Martin and strus would revert to their mean.
Unfortunately not til they killed the Celts
It’s funny to see the Heat fans on Twitter saying stuff like “If they’d just hit a few threes each we’d have won easily!”

Sports fans are so blinded by emotion it crazy.

It’s funny to see the Heat fans on Twitter saying stuff like “If they’d just hit a few threes each we’d have won easily!”

Sports fans are so blinded by emotion it crazy.
Hot take: the Heat could have won the game and could very well win the series. Their shooting was AWFUL and yet they chiseled the lead down a couple of times within single digits, before their shooting turned awful again. Denver wasn't exactly playing stifling defense - the Heat were just missing shots. I think the Heat will win game 2 before heading to Miami.

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk
Hot take: the Heat could have won the game and could very well win the series. Their shooting was AWFUL and yet they chiseled the lead down a couple of times within single digits, before their shooting turned awful again. Denver wasn't exactly playing stifling defense - the Heat were just missing shots. I think the Heat will win game 2 before heading to Miami.
Maybe.
I think the Nuggets got a little bored in the second half.

Reactions: Pinehawk
This sounds eerily similar to Lakers fans (and Suns fans) the last few series. Nuggets just don't get the respect they deserve. They are the best team in the NBA this year, and have built something that can be sustained for awhile.

Maybe.
I think the Nuggets got a little bored in the second half.
I do think the Nuggets will win the series. I just don't think Miami can stop the Joker machine for 7 games, but they could, if at some point, Jamal Murray comes back down to earth a little bit, and they stop letting Gordon get so many points on dunks.

Last edited:
This sounds eerily similar to Lakers fans (and Suns fans) the last few series. Nuggets just don't get the respect they deserve. They are the best team in the NBA this year, and have built something that can be sustained for awhile.
Counterpoint is that the Heat didn't get the respect they deserved from the fans of the Bucks, Knicks, and Celtics, after being a 1 seed in the playoffs just last year, and having lots of injuries this year. And to be clear, I am not a Heat fan, and think I'm a pretty objective neutral observer.

I do think the Nuggets will win the series. I just don't think Miami can stop the Joker machine for 7 games, but the could, if at some point, Jamal Murray comes back down to earth a little bit, and they stop letting Gordon get so many points on dunks.
Murray’s been doing this all season, though. Same with Gordon.

That’s the thing, this is who they are. They’re not team that’s playing above their heads waiting for it to all crash down.

Murray’s been doing this all season, though. Same with Gordon.

That’s the thing, this is who they are. They’re not team that’s playing above their heads waiting for it to all crash down.
I'm not saying crashing down, just having a relatively off night or two.

Counterpoint is that the Heat didn't get the respect they deserved from the fans of the Bucks, Knicks, and Celtics, after being a 1 seed in the playoffs just last year, and having lots of injuries this year. And to be clear, I am not a Heat fan, and think I'm a pretty objective neutral observer.
It's not even about the Heat, and I agree they didn't get full respect, though that can happen when you barely squeak in via the last play-in game. It's about what is expected from the Nuggets. They didn't even shoot well from three last night. If and when that happens they are unbeatable at home.

Edit: If the Heat get Herro back, the series gets spicier. They could absolutely win Game 2 even without him (Lakers should have won Game 2 last series), but I just think the Nuggets are the better team.

Last edited:
I'm not saying crashing down, just having a relatively off night or two.
It could happen.

But they’re deep. KCP was pretty off last night and it didn’t matter. It’s been rare they have more than one or two guys off at the same time. Even when a player is not shooting well they contribute in other ways.

I think it’s a great team and a joy to root for.

Reactions: WadeLookingbill
The Nuggets didn’t score last night like they usually do. Murray was 2-7 from 3. Porter was off on his 3’s.
Nuggets are going to score over 100 most games. I don’t think the Heat can put up enough points.
If this series goes to seven, the Nuggets will be over 120 in at least three games. I don’t know how the Heat are going to score 120+. They only got to the line once last night.

The Heat needed to win that one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT