ADVERTISEMENT

NBA

giphy.gif

The NBA has announced that Che Flores is their first openly non-binary, trans referee. Good for them for letting someone be who they are as long as they do their job well.
https://www.nba.com/news/che-flores-becomes-nbas-1st-out-nonbinary-and-transgender-referee
I agree. Live and let live. I will admit though, after reading the article, I am a bit behind how things work in regard to self labeling, as Che uses the pronoun “they” to describe themself, and it makes it confusing as it seem like a plural of two or more people to me, as I read the link.

• Haha
Reactions: EvolutionDenier
makes it confusing
It's easy to be confused when she was a woman just a season ago!

Now they is both non-binary and trans, somehow! So affirming!

Cheryl Flores is in her first season as an NBA staff official. She refereed 12 regular-season games as a non-staff official during the 2021-22 NBA season. Flores officiated 10 seasons in the WNBA and nine sea- sons in the NBA G League. She worked the Finals in both leagues in 2022.

So Wemby debuted and was kind of an after thought. He’s basically worthless in the post. His ability to shoot threes over just about every perimeter defender and contest shots from like five feet away will be interesting.

So Wemby debuted and was kind of an after thought. He’s basically worthless in the post. His ability to shoot threes over just about every perimeter defender and contest shots from like five feet away will be interesting.
Strangely, his first game stats were identical to Tim Duncan's first career game stats.

Strangely, his first game stats were identical to Tim Duncan's first career game stats.
That post kind of cherry-picked stats. Duncan had twice as many rebounds and blocks. Duncan started his career with a double double.

Year 21 and Lebron is still taking the game over in the 4th Quarter.
That and fat Embiid were the highlights of last night for me. Also LOL at the pregame reporter who said not to expect a big shooting night out of Durant just because Beal and Booker were out.

That post kind of cherry-picked stats. Duncan had twice as many rebounds and blocks. Duncan started his career with a double double.
He also played 35 minutes compared to Wemby's 23. I'm by no means saying he's going to have a Tim Duncan type of career, but I think saying he was an "after thought" in his first game isn't right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT