ADVERTISEMENT

NBA

Why do you care if they're paid well? You realize the money is getting made regardless, I'd rather the players get it than the owners.

And other businesses that make tons of money should be paying their lowest paid employees WAY more money than they do.

But hey, the rich get richer and the rest get screwed is the American way
Okay if we want to pay the athletes then make them act like professionals. Not clowns who put guys in choke holds. You do that in any other profession and you a$$ would be out the door.

They get away with doing stuff that’s not acceptable in this world yet we glorify them for doing so and wonder why people are so f’ed up today.

Idk why but it always makes me laugh when people pull out the “overpaid athletes” line. Makes me immediately assume you’re old and white.
I do think they make so much that any marginal money from the in-season tournament doesn’t really move the needle.

NBA Championships are for their legacy.

Reactions: McLovin32 and SSG T
Okay if we want to pay the athletes then make them act like professionals. Not clowns who put guys in choke holds. You do that in any other profession and you a$$ would be out the door.

They get away with doing stuff that’s not acceptable in this world yet we glorify them for doing so and wonder why people are so f’ed up today.

How is what Draymond did any different than anything that happened in the 70s or 80s when guys were making not a lot of money? There were 20 things worse than a headlock every season for decades. What he did is nothing new, and used to be the norm. Heck, the stars of the league used to do worse.

And guys don't get away with it any longer thanks to the league hammering guys for fighting following the Malice in the Palace. They went out of their way to get rid of fighting, and it's largely worked.

Yes, Draymond will get suspended and fined, and probably for longer and more than guys that don't have his history.

I watch games because I like sports and played sports that’s the entertainment for me. I don’t watch to see them show boat and entertain the crowd.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

"I watch sports because I like the sport, not the showboating, so I'm going to bitch and moan online to strangers because professional athletes show off their insane skills sometimes"

Reactions: This_Hawk_Abides

"I watch sports because I like the sport, not the showboating, so I'm going to bitch and moan online to strangers because professional athletes show off their insane skills sometimes"

I could grab the rim, barely, in HS. I'm 5'7, if I could dunk, I'd flex like it was the game winning HR in game 7 of the WS every single time I did it. And I'd stare down and nod at anyone I put on a poster. Why? Because it's cool as hell.

One of my favorite plays ever was the Iverson/Lue play when AI stepped over him after breaking him.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Like I said I like sports not dancing that these fools seem to be infatuated with today.
Plus the bitching and moaning after ever call or non call is pathetic

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Like I said I like sports not dancing that these fools seem to be infatuated with today.
Plus the bitching and moaning after ever call or non call is pathetic
You are 100% the type to watch something for the sole purpose of bitching about it.

That's the way my grandpa was. He didn't want to watch anything that wouldn't get him worked up or give him something to whine about.

Green should have been out of the league when he struck his teammate in practice. Next time you’re pissed off at work, slug someone and see what happens.
I don’t know how much more they’re going to let him get away with before he seriously hurts someone. This deserves a significant suspension. If it was up to me, he wouldn’t see the floor before January.

Green should have been out of the league when he struck his teammate in practice. Next time you’re pissed off at work, slug someone and see what happens.
I don’t know how much more they’re going to let him get away with before he seriously hurts someone. This deserves a significant suspension. If it was up to me, he wouldn’t see the floor before January.
Playing devil's advocate here...should MJ have been tossed from the league when he punched Kerr at practice?

I'm in no way, shape, or form, defending Green. He should be suspended for a loooooong time after last night, and clearly has a history of doing this shit. But hitting a teammate at practice, while not great, isn't some sort of career ending thing. It happens more often than we hear about.

Reactions: This_Hawk_Abides
Playing devil's advocate here...should MJ have been tossed from the league when he punched Kerr at practice?

I'm in no way, shape, or form, defending Green. He should be suspended for a loooooong time after last night, and clearly has a history of doing this shit. But hitting a teammate at practice, while not great, isn't some sort of career ending thing. It happens more often than we hear about.

Besides, it was Jordan Poole...who doesn't want to punch that dude?

You are 100% the type to watch something for the sole purpose of bitching about it.

That's the way my grandpa was. He didn't want to watch anything that wouldn't get him worked up or give him something to whine about.
Not at all. Actually I’ve been pretty happy lately as the Vikings and Timberwolves have both been winning.
Both teams seem to be relatively humble about it as well.

Not at all. Actually I’ve been pretty happy lately as the Vikings and Timberwolves have both been winning.
Oh they’re just so classy & humble. Class class class! Sports are about being a gentleman & classy! I never want to see any celebrations of ANY kind, where’s the class in that?!

sure-jan.gif

Celts take down Sixers without Brown and porzingas...
Bulls are hard to watch these days so Celts and Kings are my backup teams.

Wait, you think Doncic is boring?!?!? Lol WUT

I always find it interesting when people talk about how much more athletic the league is today than the 90’s because they see pictures of Luke longley or some other random white dude yet the league today has two guys dominating that are “unathletic”.

I always find it interesting when people talk about how much more athletic the league is today than the 90’s because they see pictures of Luke longley or some other random white dude yet the league today has two guys dominating that are “unathletic”.

Overall the athleticism is way better now. Doesn't mean unathletic (by NBA standards) Eastern Euros can't dominate.

Just furthers my point that Bird would be better now than in the 80s.

Wemby had a solid game but too much fox tonite.
Bulls lose 2nd straight to magic in Chicago...time to tear it down and start over. Doomed by Zo ball's bad knee...shame.

From my perspective, the nba has a really paradoxical problem. They're just too damn good. So damn good that it's actually become boring.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT