ADVERTISEMENT

NBA

This Detroit team is maybe the worst in NBA history, and that's saying something. The Kurt Rambis era Timberwolves would destroy these Pistons, same with the 2013-14 Bucks.

Oddly, the Pistons' G League team, the Motor City Cruise, is 2nd in their division and ahead of the Iowa Wolves.

Just for anyone wondering the jump from NBA to G League.

Reactions: This_Hawk_Abides
Probable Rookie of the Year at this point ...

Guys like Holmgren and Wemby are what happens when they watch guys like KD and KG growing up, learn guard skills, keep their athleticism at 7'+ and just blow right past what those earlier guys were capable of.

The thing that's cool about CH and VW...they're both able to be high level interior defenders while also being able to shoot and put the ball on the floor effectively. They'll both be scary good in 4-5 years if they stay healthy.

Guys like Holmgren and Wemby are what happens when they watch guys like KD and KG growing up, learn guard skills, keep their athleticism at 7'+ and just blow right past what those earlier guys were capable of.

The thing that's cool about CH and VW...they're both able to be high level interior defenders while also being able to shoot and put the ball on the floor effectively. They'll both be scary good in 4-5 years if they stay healthy.
Well said.

Reactions: OhAdam
And just a note...

When you have guys in the league now doing what they're doing, LeBron at 39 (next week), Joker, Steph, Halliburton breaking through, all the great young talent, I actually feel bad for people who refuse to watch and everything they're missing.

The game, overall, is as good as it's been in 30 years. The talent, athleticism and shotmaking ability is at least as good as we've ever seen. Playing defense at a time when most teams have guys that can make shots out to 30 feet, some further than that, is nightmarish.

And just a note...

When you have guys in the league now doing what they're doing, LeBron at 39 (next week), Joker, Steph, Halliburton breaking through, all the great young talent, I actually feel bad for people who refuse to watch and everything they're missing.

The game, overall, is as good as it's been in 30 years. The talent, athleticism and shotmaking ability is at least as good as we've ever seen. Playing defense at a time when most teams have guys that can make shots out to 30 feet, some further than that, is nightmarish.
No no no. It stopped being good in 1998. Something something hard fouls. I’d like to see X player try that in 1990! Charles Oakley was so good, probably the best PF ever! I hate when players of today are political, mostly because I disagree with their politics!

That's very well said, but your last sentence is what scares me. What are the odds they can stay healthy? Really hope they don't turn into "what could have been" or have a dominant too short prime bc injuries take their toll.

That's very well said, but your last sentence is what scares me. What are the odds they can stay healthy? Really hope they don't turn into "what could have been" or have a dominant too short prime bc injuries take their toll.

I'm more worried about Wemby than Chet. Maybe he stays healthy, but guys his height don't have a great health history.

Reactions: wausauhawk
Wemby seems light on his feet..he is Garnett-lean with wiry strength.
Chet also is lean..not a plodder.

No no no. It stopped being good in 1998. Something something hard fouls. I’d like to see X player try that in 1990! Charles Oakley was so good, probably the best PF ever! I hate when players of today are political, mostly because I disagree with their politics!
I like when boyz from Maquoketa cheer for Lebron and Steph.

"I like it when Bron dunks and Steph shoots a three!"

Nice list of bigs.
Big Andre stands tall!
He should be a co-starter with Vuc who also made that list at #9.
Bulls are warm , winning 8 of last 11 and are 9-3 since Zach LaVine went down.
They have been an absolute joy to watch. Very fun!

Drummond was the man last night. He looks fantastic.

Nice list of bigs.
Big Andre stands tall!
He should be a co-starter with Vuc who also made that list at #9.
Bulls are warm , winning 8 of last 11 and are 9-3 since Zach LaVine went down.
Headed right back to NBA purgatory - good enough to squeak into the playoffs - not good enough to be a true contender any time soon.

Sigh.

Reactions: This_Hawk_Abides
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT