ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Quarterfinals Thread

Cass got crushed by the big fellas hips late. Not a great effort from Cass, but not bad either. Gotta find a way and he didn't.
he’s owned wood his whole career. did not take advantage of the scoring opportunities he had. and that’s the story of this team. too many shots not finished. we don’t attack with enough volume to afford the mediocre finish rate we have. can’t be both selective and inefficient.

Iowa with 2 in the semis. Not what how i projected it. Obviously injuries are a big part of the underachieving, but hawks just were not being aggressive in any of the big upsets. Need to see guys coming out confident and not afraid to initiate offense against everyone

Cass got crushed by the big fellas hips late. Not a great effort from Cass, but not bad either. Gotta find a way and he didn't.
Shooting under huge heavies is not smart. When Cass was also a huge heavy he knew not to try it.

Tomorrow is my birthday. All I wanted was to watch Hawkeye hoops and Iowa win a title Saturday night. Guess I'll just have to go find some lounge lizards to work my riding skills on.
Happy birthday!!!

Reactions: TDJ7
Hate to say it but I mentally prepared for this. Took the day off to have some beers and watch a ton of wrestling. We are having a crap tournament but oh well.

Reactions: andegre
Tomorrow is my birthday. All I wanted was to watch Hawkeye hoops and Iowa win a title Saturday night. Guess I'll just have to go find some lounge lizards to work my riding skills on.
Lol Where are you at these days? You’re not in Seldom, are you?

Reactions: Hawk170
I'm so tired of watching guys and make 0 shots for 6+ minutes and pull some BS out and win. Terrible wrestling to watch. Not just against Iowa, just in general. I don't know what can be done, but it sucks to watch. Geer, for example, did nothing all of regulation, had a boring stall ride and wins on Abe's shot. Yes he needs to finish one of those, but it's becoming a theme in wrestling.

Last edited:
mothertrucker.....I missed the Warner match and he won. Made it back in time for Tony and he loses. I'll take the blame.

This has to be one of the worst quarterfinal rounds ever. Favored in four of six matches and to win only 2....very disappointing.
Only favored in 3 of 6.

But yes bull and Tony losses hurt. Hidley too much for 1 arm Kem.

That friggin badger wrecked Tony's knee in Lincoln. MFer!

Have and always will love the Hawks. That being said, we need some major changes to how we prepare, recruit, coach, lift, condition, everything. We need new blood in the form of an assistant who brings a different type of wrestling. We just don't scramble and flow like PSU and so many other top wrestlers. If we stay the course today will become the norm. That can't happen.

I'm so tired of watching guys and make 0 shots for 6+ minutes and pull some BS out and win. Terrible wrestling to watch. Not just against Iowa, just in general. I don't know what can be done, but it sucks to watch. Geer, for example, did nothing all of regulation, had a boring stall ride and wind on Abe's shot. Yes he needs to finish one of those, but it's becoming a theme in wrestling.
Watched jordan burroughs on a flo podcast recently. Make him wrestling commissioner and the problem is solved!

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT