ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Semifinals and Blood Round Thread

You're all welcome, btw. ;)

plan-planned.gif

Serious question...and I'm not meaning this as a troll post at all....

but go back to page 2 or so and see the plethora of posts by people saying RBY is a disgrace to the sport, etc. because he doesn't initiate any offense. Warner wrestles the exact same way. Yeah, he got the tilt, and it obviously held up because he is a great defensive wrestler...but if we're going to knock RBY, Sasso, and some others because of their lack of offense, then we can't be OK with our guy not taking a shot the entire match either. It works for some, and Warner has obviously been wrestling extremely well. I'm pumped for him and hope like hell he can take out Dean. He's right there with him in the dual until Dean caught him late in the third.

Nevermind...I guess you don't need to shoot the entire match to win. Great turn by Warner to get the backs.
I was pissed when he looked like he was going to sit on a 1-0 lead again, and sure enough he got taken down late in the 2nd but comes back huge with a late escape there. THAT was money!

He was pissed he didn't get 2 back points his way with Schultz, and he comes back with a similar move and gets 4! Crazy!

but go back to page 2 or so and see the plethora of posts by people saying RBY is a disgrace to the sport, etc. because he doesn't initiate any offense. Warner wrestles the exact same way. Yeah, he got the tilt, and it obviously held up because he is a great defensive wrestler...but if we're going to knock RBY, Sasso, and some others because of their lack of offense, then we can't be OK with our guy not taking a shot the entire match either. It works for some, and Warner has obviously been wrestling extremely well. I'm pumped for him and hope like hell he can take out Dean. He's right there with him in the dual until Dean caught him late in the third.
Because RBY is on the enemy team and Warner is on ours. And we like our guys

Stop pissing in his corn flakes.

RBY can score when he wants to, but chooses not to. Warner could definitely shoot more, but not like RBY.

I don't blame Warner for just running the rest of the 3rd after getting those back points. His Achilles heel has always been closing out those matches at the end. He gave himself enough of a cushion to run, may as well run
I prefer the Yianni approach, and it's a damn good clock killer too, take a nice shot and if you don't convert hang on.

That guys an ass hole. Ignore him. Congrats Jacob!
Ass hole? That was my one and only critical comment in this entire tournament and it was absolutely deserved. Warner hit one offensive move in 7 minutes. Take off your Homer glasses and you'll see it's true. It was 10x worse than what rby does.
Did Warner put his hand behind his back and wrestle with one arm just to avoid getting taken down and for no other reason?........
Rby didn't even rely on that tonight. But any time you say I can beat you with one arm behind my back 6x in a row and do it I'm not sure I'd call it stalling. He even took more shot attempts Than Austin did.

Ass hole? That was my one and only critical comment in this entire tournament and it was absolutely deserved. Warner hit one offensive move in 7 minutes. Take off your Homer glasses and you'll see it's true. It was 10x worse than what rby does.

Rby didn't even rely on that tonight. But any time you say I can beat you with one arm behind my back 6x in a row and do it I'm not sure I'd call it stalling. He even took more shot attempts Than Austin did.
Nope.

Reactions: 7 Dunks
RBY can score when he wants to, but chooses not to. Warner could definitely shoot more, but not like RBY.
Warner has some limits offensively. In this match it is even more difficult because his opponent is working from space. Warner isn't going to hit a shot from space and they didn't spend much time in ties. And Warner has to be careful because if he hunts the ties to much he ends up stepping in to a take down. I would like to see him close it out stronger but I understand why the match went the way it did.

Reactions: MVPFAN
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT