ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska AD gone?

Hes going somewhere that has an unlimited amount of $$ in this NIL era. Until this gets under control, you will see more moves like this
No one is hiring anyone away from Iowa, for sure. I think in this case, Trev doesn't have a university President to report to, or who can run interference between the AD and the BoR. It would suck to be the AD and have to report directly to the BoR (who couldn't care less about football). It's a bigger mess than just the AD or money or a fake ass lawsuit about women's BB.

No one is hiring anyone away from Iowa, for sure. I think in this case, Trev doesn't have a university President to report to, or who can run interference between the AD and the BoR. It would suck to be the AD and have to report directly to the BoR (who couldn't care less about football). It's a bigger mess than just the AD or money or a fake ass lawsuit about women's BB.

Yes. Nobody would ever leave Iowa 🤦

A&M is a very wealthy school.

Yeah, I suppose. Someone else made the comment about the NIL which is a good point. The alumni seems pretty high maintenance though.

Has there been an official announcement yet? Wondering if he is using this as leverage to get more money out of Nebraska.

A player was groomed by an assistant coach. When she reported it she was basically told to STFU, had her playing time cut and was harassed by her teammates. She was ultimately kicked off the team and she transferred out to UNLV.

Her lawsuit states there was never an investigation and was unfairly released from the team.

Not sure groomed is the right term...but this doesn't sound good.

Reactions: millah_22
says the biggest redneck in the biggest redneck state....

redneck hedge GIF

Happy Dance GIF by Fort Wayne TinCaps

We are laughing at you and the Nebraska program. What a bunch of pansies with puffed out chests. 😜
No one from a big school is trying to poach Iowa's athletics department. You'd be delusional to think so.

Reactions: MitchLL
I've never spent any time there. I'd assume Lincoln is a lot less rednecky than the rest of Nebraska as well.
Yes, for sure. Nearly any city of a certain size in nearly every state is.

Compared to Iowa City, no.

Wow. That's crazy. I did not in my wildest dreams see that coming. I like Trev and thought he'd get them back on the right track. Glad he's gone. Big loss for them in public perception as well. Let's hope they don't do something smart and hire Gene Taylor away from K-state.

The question to Alberts has he flees Lincoln like a roach with the light shined on him. Why didn't you drop UNL Football like you did while AD at UNO?.....for the reason that they were not making money????

I'm sure the millions of dollars shelled out for UNL football yearly (and going up wih player payments) is putting things in the red.

you nailed it..I live in rural central iowa...
I laugh when other iowans call other states Hicks....man we hold that crown, ..
Rural every where is redneck.

I’m from rural Iowa. Have spent some time in rural Alabama and Mississippi… That’s a whole other country.

That said, rural New York takes a back seat to NO ONE in the redneck department.

Nebby has so many problems that this is just a blip on the radar.

It's still sad that the B1G accepted the Huskers as members.

Should have made that "partial revenue share" a 50 year stipulation.
I guess we needed another team to kick around annually.

Rural every where is redneck.

I’m from rural Iowa. Have spent some time in rural Alabama and Mississippi… That’s a whole other country.

That said, rural New York takes a back seat to NO ONE in the redneck department.
How's about east Tennessee in the mountain country?

Can't do roids and get by with crime any more. Tough times in Lincoln.

Reactions: Bloody Run Hawk
Back to TA.
Its about money. It’s always about money directly or indirectly. Directly to TA, indirectly to athletic dept, indirectly via NIL, indirectly to NU in general. But it’s money.

Reactions: Birky
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT