ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska announces Scott Frost contract extension

ichawk24

HR Legend
Nov 21, 2005
Nebraska AD Trev Alberts has announced that the Nebraska athletic department has signed a 7-year contract extension with Scott Frost following today's 26-17 loss to Ohio State.

Alberts: "Our fans have been thrilled with our many close losses this season. It has shown the great growth in our program, and the moral victories have been deeply satisfying. Today's loss was the best one yet. We trailed the #5 team in the country by 6 points for, like, a bunch of the second half.

We have the best 3-7 team in the country. Let me repeat: we have the best 3-7 team in the country. That is the kind of thing that Nebraskans take great pride in, and can hang their hats on. We think now is the time to reward Scott and his assistants. Now they can put their full focus on losing to Wisconsin and Iowa without any distractions."

Contract terms were not disclosed, but inside sources say the buyout amount is staggering.

Nebraska AD Trev Alberts has announced that the Nebraska athletic department has signed a 7-year contract extension with Scott Frost following today's 26-17 loss to Ohio State.

Alberts: "Our fans have been thrilled with our many close losses this season. It has shown the great growth in our program, and the moral victories have been deeply satisfying. Today's loss was the best one yet. We trailed the #5 team in the country by 6 points for, like, a bunch of the second half.

We have the best 3-7 team in the country. Let me repeat: we have the best 3-7 team in the country. That is the kind of thing that Nebraskans take great pride in, and can hang their hats on. We think now is the time to reward Scott and his assistants. Now they can put their full focus on losing to Wisconsin and Iowa without any distractions."

Contract terms were not disclosed, but inside sources say the buyout amount is staggering.
Only 7 year EXTENSION? A regular bargin. Blu- lite "special" K-mart huh? Double the Bargin? I know a O/C that would be a "fit" I do indeed!

• Haha
Reactions: Golf_Bravo_Romeo
A 3 year extension makes sense. 5 years - okay you’re telling recruits he’s here for a long time. 7 years is just plain stupid.

• Haha
I heard they added a buyout clause stating they would owe him $150 million if he is fired anytime before the end of the 7 years. That confident he'll right the ship. He's really only a couple years away at this point from really owning the B1G.

• Haha
I could see their AD use different words but extend SF for similar reasons. If one looked at their game in isolation, ne looked legit.

• Haha

This can’t be true……no way can the Huskers be this desperate.

• Haha
They will keep moving on at HC until they get it right....I have ZERO problem with that....we bury our head and talk about how bad things were in the 60's and 70's....as if Iowa doesn't have the resources to get out of a bad decision or two if it were to happen. Some Iowa fans still think like this....three things can happen if we fire our HC...and four of them are bad.

• Haha
Hahaha. Should've tossed in a line about deciding not to accept any bowl invites this year to prepare for this 7 yr run of excellence..

Wouldn't laugh too hard. That team has some talent. They've lost to current top 10 teams OSU by 9. Oklahoma by 7, Michigan by 3, and MSU by 3 in OT. Are you really confident about beating that team in a week or 2. That's a very, very dangerous team
Maybe but let’s see if they have any fight left if they limp into Black Friday at 3-8

is this satire?

Wouldn't laugh too hard. That team has some talent. They've lost to current top 10 teams OSU by 9. Oklahoma by 7, Michigan by 3, and MSU by 3 in OT. Are you really confident about beating that team in a week or 2. That's a very, very dangerous team
Best 3-7 team in the nation. Look at those 3 blowout wins and all those almost victories

• Haha
I wouldn’t really make fun of a team that is probably going to beat our a s s pretty good.

giphy.gif

• Haha

With Iowa’s lack of offense, it may be more than challenging in Lincoln not to mention the two home games prior.

• Haha
I know your right. I’m actually worried they will hang a Loss on us when we go there. Hopefully Padilla keeps improving.

• Haha
IKR!! They are 3-1 with 6 moral victories. That's damn good!

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT