ADVERTISEMENT

*****Nebraska vs Iowa (W) Game Thread 🏆*****

I've watched a lot of ncaaw basketball this season, and I'm not sure any team has gotten as hot shooting 3s as Michigan in the first quarter yesterday, and Nebraska yesterday/today....well, besides Iowa. It was an tidal wave to overcome, and really the flip-side of how Iowa takes over games.

Of course maybe that's just a feeling, and not how the stats actually bear things out. I wonder which teams have gotten that hot throughout the season and tourneys.

* (I know both Martin and Clark hit "make or lose" daggers when it counted most.)

They absolutely hit “make it or lose” shots!!! Along with several players, making big-time rebounds, deflections, blocks and steals….

A never quit, never give up attitude game. Incredibly impressed by the teamwork in this one. CC was not good today, but the team stepped up and never stopped working for victory.

And beating the bugeaters in the finals makes it all the more sweeter. They can take their previous Jaz and shove her up their azz.

A never quit, never give up attitude game. Incredibly impressed by the teamwork in this one. CC was not good today, but the team stepped up and never stopped working for victory.

And beating the bugeaters in the finals makes it all the more sweeter. They can take their previous Jaz and shove her up their azz.
Oh good Lord, lets just qualify that statement. CC struggled with her SHOT in the first half. End stop. She had 4 points but NINE assists in the half. The all she did was come out in the 2nd half after struggling mightly in the first 20 minutes and dropped a 30 burger in the second 20+5 minutes. Once again in "crunch time" big threes, big drives, big passing, and BIG free throws. To say "CC was not good today" really needs some context attached. Do you really think if she didn't once again become CC22 in the last 25 minutes that we win that game?

Oh good Lord, lets just qualify that statement. CC struggled with her SHOT in the first half. End stop. She had 4 points but NINE assists in the half. The all she did was come out in the 2nd half after struggling mightly in the first 20 minutes and dropped a 30 burger in the second 20+5 minutes. Once again in "crunch time" big threes, big drives, big passing, and BIG free throws. To say "CC was not good today" really needs some context attached. Do you really think if she didn't once again become CC22 in the last 25 minutes that we win that game?

Good points…She NEVER quits dropping dimes. As my 19 year old said the to me the other day, everyone’s shot gets off, but passing never should 🤷‍♂️

This game will do more for us than the 30 point blowout I was counting on! What an effort, I am literally shocked. We came back and won that, and I honestly wouldn’t have been mad the way they played down the stretch to get it to overtime. I was pretty pleased with their effort, wow what a game…

Some of you guys, though, man, I don’t even know why you watch sports… The way you talk in the game thread it has to be just absolute pure torture

I doubt many if any of us were counting on a 30 point blowout, but I may not know as much about IOWA WBB as others.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Catlin makes great passes most of the time, but she might take Lute's advice a little bit. "if it takes a great pass to get there it probably shouldn't be thrown".

Catlin makes great passes most of the time, but she might take Lute's advice a little bit. "if it takes a great pass to get there it probably shouldn't be thrown".
Which does NOT apply to CC at all, or we would not have seen her mastery these last 4 years......I mean would you REALLY want her not throwing those one handed 3/4 court passes or the bounce passes between two players to a cutter in the lane. All GREAT passes, but NO you say?

Hmmm, maybe she's the only one they left open, (for a reason) and we're out of timeouts and only have under 5 seconds to get the ball in. Duh... Seriously posters who act like we're not playing against another team, and they have a gameplan as well. Crazy.....
And you dont think I know that????? And you are the expert - did you reply that to all the others who asked the same ? Good call out - what purpose it served for you I have no idea.

And you dont think I know that????? And you are the expert - did you reply that to all the others who asked the same ? Good call out - what purpose it served for you I have no idea.

He was calling it out for what it was…🤷‍♂️I’d guess most of us understood

Which does NOT apply to CC at all, or we would not have seen her mastery these last 4 years......I mean would you REALLY want her not throwing those one handed 3/4 court passes or the bounce passes between two players to a cutter in the lane. All GREAT passes, but NO you say?
lol First, I didn't say "no". Yes she makes some of the best passes that I have ever seen anyone make. I also see her drive the right side of the lane and try to get a pass between 2 or 3 players, for turnovers and some have come at critical times late in the games.

Last edited:
I don’t understand why Nebraska has not won more games. They sure are a nightmare matchup for us. Gutty win by the Hawks. The last 3 minutes was good stuff.
Their coach isn’t very good. They didnt make the tourney last year despite having a roster full of vets that had beat Maryland, Indiana and Michigan in the two previous seasons.

Regarding Marshall calling the timeout... two possibilities. One, she was very close to the sideline and may have been concerned about losing her balance and stepping out. Or, there were 2 Nebby players right there and she may have been concerned about getting trapped.

I went back and watched the final minutes of regulation and OT and I'll be dammed if they didn't do EXACTLY what I suggested they should to guard against Nebraska's set plays that led to bad shots and a steal.

High hedge and stick on the screen, stay with the drive, and drop the weak side wing defender to show help on the roll, knowing you could recover if they had to throw it back across court to that opposite wing.

End of regulation they swung it back after we hedged hard and they were left with a dud of a shot that I'm not sure even beat the clock.

Then at the end of OT, Clark was right there in drop position, they were forced to swing back to that weakside left wing and Clark made the easy read and picked it off.

Good stuff, folks. Love it when a plan comes together........ :cool:

Sorry to upset you. Like I needed to call out all 15 people that said the same silly comment? Like Nebraska didn't go to great lengths to make SURE that Hannah was the one who had to catch the inbounds.

Reactions: cmhawks99
With 2:36 left in regulation ESPN's Win Percentage Index was 99.1% in favor of Nebraska.

Yep. Complete fiction. There's no way UNL had a "99.1%" chance to win a three possession game with over two and a half minutes left to play. How is that even measurable?
If the data from every game is entered into a computer, which it is now with the real time updates and trackers, it’s a simple matter of extrapolating the data. I wouldn’t think it’d be too hard.

If the data from every game is entered into a computer, which it is now with the real time updates and trackers, it’s a simple matter of extrapolating the data. I wouldn’t think it’d be too hard.

That’s why it’s worthless….every teams chances at that moment wouldn’t be the same 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: BonzoFury
Yeah, but what factors are included in the calculation? I would think things like scoring streaks, number of fouls per player, pace of play, defensive tendencies, and about a dozen other factors would have a huge impact. And there's no way someone is making those kinds of inputs in real time. Just looking at the score and the clock is worthless, as we saw yesterday.

My thoughts were if Nebraska had scored when they were up 8 with a couple minutes left, Iowa would have lost. Ifs and buts were candy and nuts..................

Yep. Complete fiction. There's no way UNL had a "99.1%" chance to win a three possession game with over two and a half minutes left to play. How is that even measurable?
I suppose they compare other games with similar circumstances, knowing espn they could be pulling it out of their ass too 🤷‍♀️

Caitlin was not good today ? She had a rough first half shooting the ball ,but was FANTASTIC in the second half. She hit multiple clutch , closely defended shots , especially late in the game and in OT. Amazed you would say "she was not good today".

Reactions: HIWILLE
Caitlin was not good today ? She had a rough first half shooting the ball ,but was FANTASTIC in the second half. She hit multiple clutch , closely defended shots , especially late in the game and in OT. Amazed you would say "she was not good today".
People still not get how unbelievable she is. That this was a “bad tournament” for her says so much. About her as well as the team.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
They aren't playing Caitlin Clark me me ball. They are playing lazy. Lazy passes, lazy rebounding, and poor shot choices. This happens when a team is tired, which would be excusable if Nebraska wasn't playing their 4th game in 4 days.
Yes she was shooting 3 pointers practically from half court. I get it, she's good, and her fame has gotten to her, but what was she 0/10 from on 3 pointers and she still chucking up up 3’s. That’s a sure sign for me in my book. When she decided to play team ball and pass the ball ( and she is an excellent passer) they started to eat away at Nebraska lead.

Yes she was shooting 3 pointers practically from half court. I get it, she's good, and her fame has gotten to her, but what was she 0/10 from on 3 pointers and she still chucking up up 3’s. That’s a sure sign for me in my book. When she decided to play team ball and pass the ball ( and she is an excellent passer) they started to eat away at Nebraska lead.
Hate to burst your narrative but she had 8 of her 12 assists in the first half when they were trailing. (more than anybody else had for the entire game). Her shot was off, but she was passing the ball.

They came back in the second half when her shots started falling (9/12)...along with a great team effort.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT