ADVERTISEMENT

Neighbor Issue

I've never understood why people get sideways over a kid running into their yard to get a ball. I has one of those neighbors growing up too.

Are they going to kill the grass? Make too much noise? I mean, wtf is the actual problem? Lighten up!

I've never understood why people get sideways over a kid running into their yard to get a ball. I has one of those neighbors growing up too.

Are they going to kill the grass? Make too much noise? I mean, wtf is the actual problem? Lighten up!

16821069647_d99482e543_o.jpg

NGL @alaskanseminole, sounds like your kid needs a Roy Kent-like soccer mentor. "Kick that f*ing ball into that asshole's yard, one. more. time. ...."

If nothing else, your son's curse word vocabulary & usage will be expanded greatly.

Reactions: alaskanseminole

They're beating off, constantly. Very distracting when kids are running around the house.

• Haha
One day my kids were kicking the ball around on the driveway/parking pad and I told them that we had a perfectly good back yard to play in and they need to play there instead. If a ball starts rolling down the driveway, it’s not stopping for a long time. And it’s a hazard for both them to go after it, and for people driving by.

So of course they didn’t listen, and one of my 6-year old twins comes inside sad because the ball rolled down the driveway into the street. We went for a walk to look for it and couldn’t find it, so he asks if we can go buy another ball. I told him no, because I had asked them not to play soccer in the drive, I warned them that this could happen, and I had to chase a ball down the street one other time. I really thought that this was going to be a good learning moment.

Nope. Turns out the ball was under the deck, the opposite direction of going down the street, and I anticipate having this exact same conversation this weekend.

I couldn't imagine living in an environment with fenced-in yards. Good lord give your kid a life and move to an acreage or something.
Lol, living out in the sticks is no more a real “life” than living in a gated community. Some would even say if you don’t live within 30 minutes of an ocean, your life sucks. I doubt you’d agree with that statement.

OP, how many times has your property ended up in the neighbors yard? Just playing devils advocate, but if I had a neighbor who’s kid constantly had shit flying in my backyard I’d probably have a limit on being courteous as well.

I have, but when he has friends over, they play both directions. I'm not about to tell my kid not to play sports in the back yard. At least when they switch to football, they go out front to toss it, but that won't work for soccer.
So have them change the game and develop a different skillset. Play it like half court basketball where if you get a steal or its turned over you gotta dibble past the foul line or in this case make it the 18 or some other marker then turn back around to go for a goal.

If playing 2 on 2 or more and your yard is wide enough put both coals spread apart on the same side away from the ahole neighbor and they attacks will have to go to the side before going to the goal.

Or you can have it where either goal is available to whoever is on offense which will cause them to have to develop different offensive and defensive strategies.

Nope. I gave up a while ago. No more season tickets. No more I Club. certainly no swarm. That one is the biggest joke.
Don't let the CEO of SWARM hear that or he'll tweet shit about you like you're an 18 year old kid heading to Bama.

I'll make it short and sweet. My 10-YO son plays soccer and practices in the backyard. If he kicks one direction it goes into a kind neighbor's yard who told him to just come on over any time and get it, gates open. However, if he kicks it in the other direction it goes into our other neighbor's yard who apparently takes great issue with this. He has locks on his gates, security cameras on every corner and yelled over the fence on Saturday to my son, "I'm not throwing that over any more!"

My wife and I went over there Sunday and kindly asked if he could throw them over and told him we've been working with our son to not kick so hard, but "It sure beats him being inside on a screen" [trying to keep it light]. He said, "Well you need to do something" and shut the door.

Well, today my son kicked the ball over into his yard again. So, now what? Do I just jump his fence and get the damn ball myself? Do I ground my kid and tell him to get back on the video games?
Mostly good responses so far, but he needs to lean forward, chest over the ball, striking half way up the surface of the ball, on his shots towards the shitty neighbor. This fear of putting over might help him long term. Also, you could invest in high nets extending the length of his fence.

Mostly good responses so far, but he needs to lean forward, chest over the ball, striking half way up the surface of the ball, on his shots towards the shitty neighbor. This fear of putting over might help him long term. Also, you could invest in high nets extending the length of his fence.
This, or buy him golf clubs and practice balls.

Don't let the CEO of SWARM hear that or he'll tweet shit about you like you're an 18 year old kid heading to Bama.

He should look in the mirror.

Actually it was having someone I know have a kid who walked on. I realized I was not going to get worked up about kids when I am over 50. It's ridiculous.

I'll make it short and sweet. My 10-YO son plays soccer and practices in the backyard. If he kicks one direction it goes into a kind neighbor's yard who told him to just come on over any time and get it, gates open. However, if he kicks it in the other direction it goes into our other neighbor's yard who apparently takes great issue with this. He has locks on his gates, security cameras on every corner and yelled over the fence on Saturday to my son, "I'm not throwing that over any more!"

My wife and I went over there Sunday and kindly asked if he could throw them over and told him we've been working with our son to not kick so hard, but "It sure beats him being inside on a screen" [trying to keep it light]. He said, "Well you need to do something" and shut the door.

Well, today my son kicked the ball over into his yard again. So, now what? Do I just jump his fence and get the damn ball myself? Do I ground my kid and tell him to get back on the video games?
I have a neighbor problem also. Little queer bastard next door keeps kicking his soccer ball in my yard.
Problem is i’m banging his mom 1-2 times a day and don’t want to seem friendly or the dude might suspect something.
I keep the ball a couple days ago and her plus her wussy husband show up wanting the ball. I figure its a cuckhold thing happening but wifey is shaking her head no behind him.
Crazy huh?

Last edited:
OP, how many times has your property ended up in the neighbors yard? Just playing devils advocate, but if I had a neighbor who’s kid constantly had shit flying in my backyard I’d probably have a limit on being courteous as well.
Honestly, I don't think very often. I've only ever asked him to toss the ball back over two times in the 9 years we've lived here...which is why his response to my son through the fence was so surprising. I would understand if this had been a years+ long issue, but it hasn't been (I should have led with that).

I have a neighbor problem also. Little queer bastard next door keeps kicking his soccer ball in my yard.
Problem is i’m banging his mom 1-2 times a day and don’t want to seem friendly or the dude might suspect something.
I keep the ball a couple days ago and her plus her wussy husband show up wanting the ball. I figure its a cuckhold thing happening but wifey is shaking her head no behind him.
Crazy huh?
Worst parody thread ever.

636244112537610207-Male-Child-Golfer.jpg
First does your neighbor have an AR? If he does don’t say a word to him.

Second call the closest top golf and see how much it comes to put up poles and netting like they have. Problem solved

Crazy huh?
You live next door to your sister?

He had a twitter meltdown and then deleted it when Proctor decommitted.
Not surprising. He's a lot like Gasser and loves the spotlight. I realized I'd never donate a dime to the Swarm when they decided to do badges and he said that HE, not the Swarm, will become more powerful and important than the AD to Iowa football.

Reactions: millah_22

I would tell your son to never go into the yard again as our state has very strong "stand your ground" laws and your son could be viewed as a defensible threat.

Go buy a soccer net and a new ball,.. Set up the net favoring the friendly neighbor's yard and tell your kid to stay away from the jerk neighbor...

The neighbor kids constantly have a variety of sports balls they just leave in my lawn. I wish they would come into my lawn and get them instead of me having to toss back two footballs, a soccer ball, three tennis balls, some wiffle balls, a golf ball, NERF balls, a tetherball not attached to a pole, and a basketball every time I mow.

Yesterday some of the neighbor kids were playing scream outside. When I was a kid my parents would have abused me for that. Just not enough abuse nowadays.

The neighbor kids constantly have a variety of sports balls they just leave in my lawn. I wish they would come into my lawn and get them instead of me having to toss back two footballs, a soccer ball, three tennis balls, some wiffle balls, a golf ball, NERF balls, a tetherball not attached to a pole, and a basketball every time I mow.

Yesterday some of the neighbor kids were playing scream outside. When I was a kid my parents would have abused me for that. Just not enough abuse nowadays.
Scream as in shrill yelling? or Scream as in reinacting the 1996 hit thriller Scream? Or scream is in acting like the figure from Edward Munch's 1993 painting The Sceam?

Reactions: BelemNole and Moral
Shrill yelling. I wish they had such high quality movie knowledge.
I'd beat my kid if he was doing that. Hell, I get irritated if my own dog starts barking and bring him inside. I only wish other neighbors were as diligent--A catty corner neighbor has a yapping Chihuahua that gets my dog barking. I bring mine in and his stays out there yapping. I need to see if my son can target that dog with his next soccer ball.

Last edited:
Reactions: millah_22 and Moral
Ya, I told my son not to do it. He used to seem like a good dude, but the wife and I just realized we haven't seen his wife in a long time...like years, so I think he's divorced and is now a recluse. (or she caught the deads).
Never mind, that just eliminated my idea.

I'd beat my kid if he was doing that. Hell, I get irritated if my own dog starts barking and bring him inside. I only wish other neighbors were as diligent--A catty corner neighbor has a yapping Chihuahua that gets my dog barking. I bring mine in and his stays out there yapping. I need to see if my son can target that dog with his next soccer ball.
My neighbors have a couple blue ticks that get barking real bad. I kind of feel bad for the neighbor bc he has tried so many things but they just get so excited. They're very sweet dogs, but god damn, if they see another dog they go bonkers.

Reactions: Moral
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT