ADVERTISEMENT

New covid vaccines are out! Anyone else make an appointment?

BrianNole777

HR All-American
Jan 27, 2023
I suppose I’ll probably get both. Flu shot for sure, and will see what my Doc says about current Covid vaccine.

Reactions: BrianNole777
If they give them for free at the office like they do for the flu shot every year, then I'll probably have to succumb to the peer pressure.

One thread telling everyone you were on your 6th wasn't enough?

One thread telling everyone you were on your 6th wasn't enough?

Did you sign up yet?

Anyone who gets a shot is emotionally and mentally unstable. You are also physically weak.
I beat COVID by eating steak, fresh greens and fruit. Lifting weights and staying off of antidepressants and drugs. Maintaining a healthy and positive attitude about life.
Wow - spoken like a true RFK Jr fan. Did you allow your kids to get measle and small pox shots?

I made one for 2 weeks from now. I've received 5 Moderna shots and am getting Pfizer for #6.

I know most Americans don't believe in vaccines or science, but I do.

Anyone else excited to get vaxxed again?

Nope. Had COVID three times. Lived. Had my 4 original shots. I don’t see that the new shots offer me anything at all except 3 days of feeling sick. Like the last 4. I think my immunity from the vaccines and the illnesses have me pretty much maxed out at this point.

If a new killer strain arises and a new vax seems helpful, sure, sign me up.

Elderly, chronically ill, immunocompromised…yes they should get it. Prior vaccine exposure limited? Yep get it. Prior actual illnesses limited? Yep. Get it.

None of those apply to me.

Anyone who gets a shot is emotionally and mentally unstable. You are also physically weak.
I beat COVID by eating steak, fresh greens and fruit. Lifting weights and staying off of antidepressants and drugs. Maintaining a healthy and positive attitude about life.
Derp

Nope. Had COVID three times. Lived. Had my 4 original shots. I don’t see that the new shots offer me anything at all except 3 days of feeling sick. Like the last 4. I think my immunity from the vaccines and the illnesses have me pretty much maxed out at this point.

If a new killer strain arises and a new vax seems helpful, sure, sign me up.

Elderly, chronically ill, immunocompromised…yes they should get it. Prior vaccine exposure limited? Yep get it. Prior actual illnesses limited? Yep. Get it.

None of those apply to me.

The CDC recommends everyone over age 6 months get the new vaccine.

Just FYI.

The CDC recommends everyone over age 6 months get the new vaccine.

Just FYI.

Yep. I’m sure they do. Their objectivity is in question.

I don’t think most medical practitioners today would agree with that recommendation as broadly as it is stated.

I don’t think the Walgreens pharmacist counts as a medical practitioner by the way.

I will not be getting it. There are enough therapeutic options to manage covid and not enough longitudinal vaccine data. Numerous clinicians I've spoken to have reservations regarding significant side effects.

Such as?

Yep. I’m sure they do. Their objectivity is in question.

I don’t think most medical practitioners today would agree with that recommendation as broadly as it is stated.

I don’t think the Walgreens pharmacist counts as a medical practitioner by the way.
What’s different between a Walgreens pharmacist and any other pharmacist? Do you trust a pharmacist or a family doctor more when it comes to meds?

What’s different between a Walgreens pharmacist and any other pharmacist? Do you trust a pharmacist or a family doctor more when it comes to meds?
It’s about a pharmacist recommending it. Not Walgreens per se.

Family doctor. 100% of the time. This isn’t a medication in the traditional sense so I don’t think your pharmacist is the person I’d consult.

Reactions: GOHOX69
And as I've said many times, you do you. People should do what they want but should never be forced. This isn't the Dr. Mengele clinic.

I agree, I just don't see the downsides to the covid vaccines for the vast majority of people.

Reactions: GOHOX69
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT